Cabanon
Elite

July 3rd, 2012, 11:28 am #11

bluedogrulez wrote:Here's what I meant:

Conker's Bad Fur Day NUS-NFUE-USA USA
ohhhh, yeah thanks for noticing that. will fix that. thanks !

Cabanon
Elite

July 4th, 2012, 11:17 pm #12

added a bunch of japanese product code.

if someone from EUR & AUS could chime in that would be nice !

DeeMoney
Guardian

July 5th, 2012, 12:26 am #13

Cabanon wrote:added a bunch of japanese product code.

if someone from EUR & AUS could chime in that would be nice !
I don't understand what you would like us to chime in on. I read the list and this list is for NTSC games with the few PAL exclusives thrown into the mix. oh and the Japanese games aswell. All of those games are going to have a different code for every region that they were produced.

All I can come up with is that you must be extremley bored. :D
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

danilochka
danilochka

July 5th, 2012, 1:06 am #14

I would suggest that you focus your list on documenting all North American and Japanese releases first as there is only a finitie number of these. Once you have done this you can begin to tackle the PAL regions as things will soon become very complicated.

Let me try and explain. It's not like there is just one single EUR version of each game that is sold identically in every country in Europe, there are infact 8 key regions to consider for the PAL market. Any game can be uniquely localized for any of the following regions; United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Netherlands (Holland), Scandinavia and Australia. Although it is generally the packaging (ie box and manuals) that are localized more than the carts themselves.

Please note, just because a game could be localized for one of these markets, doesn't mean that it always was. It was far more common practice to combine regions together, for example France and Holland (FAH), Spain and Italy (EAI) than to make everything individually.

So essentially, in order to document all existing PAL games the only true way to know what was released where is to do the list 8 times, once for each of these regions. As you can imagine this is no easy feat, unless we can find people with complete sets from all these areas box codes are near impossible to document as they are often only given on the inner tabs. Even once you've worked out all 239 games for a (European) region, that doesn't account for any revision titles (the codes that end in "-1") which may exist there.

Futhermore, your spreadsheet will need additional columns added to it when you come to documenting PAL games. This is because here the Box, Manual and Cart codes tend to differ rather than use the same "PART #". For example the initial UK release for Super Mario 64 has the following codes:

Box: NUS-P-NSMP-UKV
Manual: NUS-P-NSMP-UK4
Cart: NUS-NSMP-EUR

I'm not trying to put you off, as I think it would be great if we could manage to get everything documented, I'm just trying to let you know what you're getting yourself into. I've been working on a full PAL variants list for over a year now, though without codes, and I've still barely scratched the surface for some regions like Italy and Scandinavia.

To give you a better idea of what exactly would be required let's take the Super Mario 64 example further, here's a breakdown of how the game was released throughout the PAL regions:

UK & Scandinavia
Manual: NUS-P-NSMP-UK4

Germany
Box: NUS-P-NSMP-NOE
Manual: NUS-P-NSMP-NOE

France & Netherlands
Box: NUS-P-NSMP-FAH
Manual: NUS-P-NSMP-EU4

Spain & Italy
Box: NUS-P-NSMP-EAI
Manual: NUS-P-NSMP-EU4

Australia
Box: NUS-NSMP-AUS
Manual: NUS-NSMP-AUS
Cart: NUS-NSMP-AUS

And that's just the initial releases, if we're being really precise, a few months after it's launch the releases had a slightly different manual code:

UK & Scandinavia
Manual: NUS-P-NSMP-NUK4

Germany
Box: NUS-P-NSMP-NOE
Manual: NUS-P-NSMP-NNOE

France & Netherlands
Box: NUS-P-NSMP-FAH
Manual: NUS-P-NSMP-NEU4

Spain & Italy
Box: NUS-P-NSMP-EAI
Manual: NUS-P-NSMP-NEU4

In addition to these, I've also stumbled across a couple of other revision titles:

UK & Scandinavia
Box: NUS-P-NSMP-UKV-1

Presumably all of Europe
Box: NUS-P-NSMP-NEU6 *presumed
Manual: NUS-P-NSMP-NEU6

And finally there's the player's choice edition, I've only managed to find UKV one thus far so there may well be more of them out there. Also the codes are the same as an earlier release but the box is very much different, having a full platinium silver border on the front of the box instead of the usual black border:

UK & Scandinavia

And there you have it, 1 down 241 to go :lol:

Cabanon
Elite

July 5th, 2012, 4:18 am #15

nice post man. yes i know what im getting into ! all these precious info need to be compile and shared with the world. that's why i ask help from all around the world. i will certainly add more columns when i have precious info like this. of course it's impossible to get all specific data like this from everywhere around the world. i will collect what i can and add here and there when we get new info.

for now it's one big pile, but i'll seperate each region with it's own :pottymouth:, add more column for different cart/manual/box code, etc.

always a work in progress and this will keep me busy fora long time. i like doing it and it's not like im getting tired of this anyway, i'd do anything for my little console :)

clarky_n64
Veteran

July 5th, 2012, 8:43 pm #16

I'll go through all my collection soon Cabanon, might aswell start documenting the PAL side at the same time.

Cabanon
Elite

July 5th, 2012, 11:25 pm #17

clarky_n64 wrote:I'll go through all my collection soon Cabanon, might aswell start documenting the PAL side at the same time.
thanks man. really appreciated.

The Red Shadow
Guardian

July 6th, 2012, 12:22 am #18

Got a few to contribute:

NTSC
Aero Gauge - NUS-NAGE-USA
Asteroids Hypre 64 - NUS-NAHE-USA
Bottom of the 9th - NUS-NBOE-USA
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine(BB copy) - NUS-NIJE-USA
Turok: Rage Wars(grey cart) - NUS-NRWE-USA
NHL Breakaway 98 - NUS-NHLE-USA
Aerofighters Assault - NUS-NERE-USA
Paper Mario - NUS-NMQE-USA
Nightmare Creatures - NUS-NNCE-USA
Jeopardy - NUS-NJOE-USA
Shadowgate 64 - NUS-NSGE-USA
Bio FREAKS - NUS-NBFE-USA
BattleTanx: Global Assault(green cart) - NUS-NBQE-USA
Destruction Derby 64 - NUS-NDEE-USA

One Japanese game:
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 4 - NUS-NP4J-JPN

For some of those I had the box, cart and manual, while others were just cart. Let me know if you have any questions or need any other information.

Cabanon
Elite

July 6th, 2012, 11:27 am #19

The Red Shadow wrote:For some of those I had the box, cart and manual, while others were just cart. Let me know if you have any questions or need any other information.
thank you very much for these. if you can just point out which were loose & boxed, that'd be nice.

ok so i made it easier for everyone, i uploaded it for google doc, so everyone can modify on the go and save it instead of posting the code here. if you upload anything, just come here and let me know you added some. thanks

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... zYzaFNvRmc

Toad
Toad

July 7th, 2012, 7:25 pm #20

I have added Rat Attack!

NUS-NRTE-USA

Note: I only own the USA game cartridge.

Currently Playing: Mario Tennis (N64) and Mario Party 2
37/64 Cartridges of N64 Games[53% Complete]