Grizzmeister
Elite

3:25 PM - Jan 27, 2013 #21

Mobile Suit Mario. :o

The Japanese Mecha series Armored Core was huge on the original Playstation and it would have been nice if the geniuses at EAD had developed their own take on this genre.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Meptrep
Meptrep

3:35 PM - Jan 27, 2013 #22

It would've been interesting to see the Final Fantasy games on N64 instead of PS1. I wonder if they would've developed the later ones for Gamecube/Wii if they hadn't moved to Playstation.

MmSadda
MmSadda

4:37 PM - Jan 27, 2013 #23

brown duckz wrote:Cruis'n North America :w00t:

Street Fighter 64

Final Fight 64
Ya know, Street Fighter 3 (I think New Generation or 2nd Impact) was supposed to be released on N64.

If that had happened, I wonder if SF3 would've been as large a commercial success as SF2.
Personally, I would've loved a proper English/US release of Mother 3 / Earthbound 64.

Also, I would've loved to have played the original Conker 64, though it doesn't look very good admittedly.

stinger9142
Guardian

5:16 PM - Jan 27, 2013 #24

CoachLuke22 wrote:Wolfenstein 64
That thought had never occurred to me until you said that. That would have been great :yeah:

Mantis128
Established Member
Mantis128
Established Member

12:06 AM - Jan 28, 2013 #25

MmSadda wrote:

Street Fighter 64

Final Fight 64
Ya know, Street Fighter 3 (I think New Generation or 2nd Impact) was supposed to be released on N64.

If that had happened, I wonder if SF3 would've been as large a commercial success as SF2.
Personally, I would've loved a proper English/US release of Mother 3 / Earthbound 64.

Also, I would've loved to have played the original Conker 64, though it doesn't look very good admittedly.
Well the N64 controller doesn't seem like it would be suited to Street Fighter, and wasn't the reason SF3 didn't do as well as SF2 was because the general public didn't like the new characters because they were too used to the ones from SF2? If so then I doubt putting it on N64 would have helped.

brown duckz
brown duckz

12:13 AM - Jan 28, 2013 #26

Ringworm128 wrote:
MmSadda wrote:

Street Fighter 64

Final Fight 64

Well the N64 controller doesn't seem like it would be suited to Street Fighter, and wasn't the reason SF3 didn't do as well as SF2 was because the general public didn't like the new characters because they were too used to the ones from SF2? If so then I doubt putting it on N64 would have helped.
It worked for Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct?
I currently own humble, but nice collections of NTSC-U; NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii

Currently taking a break from a 2012 collecting binge.

Grizzmeister
Elite

5:26 AM - Feb 02, 2013 #27

MmSadda wrote:Ya know, Street Fighter 3 (I think New Generation or 2nd Impact) was supposed to be released on N64.
I don't think the N64 could have handled Street Fighter 3 as the game has tons of animation and the cartridge format doesn't lend itself well to that. For example, Killer Instinct Gold is considered a pretty weak port of KI2 (Arcade) because so many frames of animation were deleted to squeeze it on to a cartridge.

Mario Flying Ace

I wish Nintendo had made a four-player aerial dog fighting game for the N64. Maybe something along the lines of having Mario and friends battling in WW I era biplanes in the skies over the Mushroom Kingdom. ^_^

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

floorcat
Elite

5:42 AM - Feb 02, 2013 #28

inspectah wrote:Earthbound 64

Why oh why where they canceled? ;_;
My sentiments EXACTLY.

jmacbear25
jmacbear25

4:21 PM - Feb 03, 2013 #29

BANJO THREEIE! Perhaps could've been on Gamecube as well, but I just wanted it :(
N64 has the best platforms

I want me some standees! Sunshine and mario 64, and BK series standees as well with zelda 64 :)

Grizzmeister
Elite

6:24 PM - Feb 03, 2013 #30

I wish Nintendo had made a fighting game featuring Mario and the Mushroom Kingdom crew for the N64. Some will argue that Super Smash Bros. is a fighting game but it really isn't in the traditional sense. Also, SSB features characters from other franchises and I'd like a fighter that focuses more on the core characters found in Mario Kart 64. So with that in mind I present...

Super Mario Kendo 64

What happens when Mario and friends take to the dojo to practice their wooden sword fighting skills? Well whacky hijinks in the form of Super Mario Kendo 64, of course. :D

Picture the game as kind of like Bushido Blade but with a much less violent and much more whimsical approach. The game would feature the traditional tried and true Nintendo formula of being easy to pick up and play while at the same time offering deep meta-strategies which would keep the game interesting to more skilled players.

Question: You think the geniuses here at N64 Forever could develop a new game for the N64 and get it released? Don't laugh, there's a precedence for this in Pier Solar for the Mega Drive/Genesis. :huh: