danilochka
danilochka

February 2nd, 2012, 8:12 pm #11

I had a few corrections to make but it seems others have beat me to the punch there. Working down in columns from left to right:

Pokémon Stadium Battle Set
The variaton you have is indeed the UK one. Australia was the only other region to get this console, in that region it's known as the PokéManiac N64, the box has slightly different art work and is noticably longer

Standard Control Deck
Worldwide Release

Atomic Controller Bundle
If you wish to include this, Australia also got this bundle, though it was called Clear Purple over there

Pikachu Nintendo 64 Set
North America and Europe only. Australia never got this version released

Gold Control Deck
North American and Japan only. The best Europe and Australia saw was a gold controller bundle, with the standard system.

Funtastic: Jungle (Green)
North America, Europe, Australia

Funtastic: Ice (Blue)

Funtastic: Smoke (Black)
Worldwide. Australia did get a version of this, confusingly called 'charcoal'. See below for proof

Funtastic: Grape (Purple)
Worldwide

Funtastic: Watermelon (Red)
North America, Europe only

Funtastic: Fire (Orange)

The 5 Japanese Exclusives

Clear Blue
Japan and Europe only. The European version always comes bundled with a copy of Super Mario 64

The aforementioned Australian version of 'Smoke'

If you need me to provide any more pics just let me know. Console variations is something I have put a lot of research into and hope to one day have a collection as envious as yours :yeah:

finngamer
Established Member
finngamer
Established Member

February 2nd, 2012, 10:43 pm #12

ddr2nite wrote:
Huh, it seems there are two different versions of the Battle Set in UK. My UK set includes the video tape as well (as does lithium's)

The Collection: List , Video

danilochka
danilochka

February 2nd, 2012, 11:34 pm #13

finngamer wrote:Huh, it seems there are two different versions of the Battle Set in UK. My UK set includes the video tape as well (as does lithium's)
Yeah, there are 2 variations of the UK Battle Set. I'm not sure which came first, the one with video or without, but the answer probably lies in the code on the box's inner tab, the 2nd version will likely end in ukv-1 (or similar).

I've also heard that the Battle Set was exclusive to the (now defunct) UK shop Woolworths. That could mean the video was an extra that only the Woolworth's version came bundled with, or Woolworths was the only place you could buy either version, or that this is just a rumour and can't be disproven until time travel is invented.

clarky_n64
Veteran

February 3rd, 2012, 8:47 am #14

A few varations you may want to consider (which you may already know about):

Battle Set without video

lithium017
Veteran

February 3rd, 2012, 5:17 pm #15

Thanks everyone for the help! The picture is not intended to have all variations (there are over 60 of these worldwide) just the 16 different consoles and I left in the Atomic Purple controller set just because.

I will edit the picture and re-upload it soon.
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

ddr2nite
Veteran

February 3rd, 2012, 5:44 pm #16

lithium017 wrote:I will edit the picture and re-upload it soon.
Better do it soon... due to the recent events regarding a certain ex-member of our forums going through and messing with all of his topics/posts, the admins have changed our ability to edit topics. They've limited it to something like a 1 week period after the post - anything after that, you won't have the ability to edit.

I for one, disagree/dislike that implementation. But this is not the right place for me to voice that... just wanted to make sure you are aware.
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Fo ... 7304935/1/
Click here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

finngamer
Established Member
finngamer
Established Member

February 4th, 2012, 4:32 pm #17

I updated my website with a little grid of the console variations, did I do any mistakes? Scroll down to the end of 1.1

http://finngamer.webs.com/nintendo64.htm

danilochka
danilochka

February 5th, 2012, 12:39 pm #18

As far as I can see it's spot on and great to see it in an easy to follow table.

The only ammendment I would say is that the Pokémon Battle Set was UK only rather than a full EUR release. I understand this would be awkward to convey in the table, so maybe just refer to it in the detailed information above.

ddr2nite
Veteran

February 5th, 2012, 6:46 pm #19

finngamer wrote:I updated my website with a little grid of the console variations, did I do any mistakes? Scroll down to the end of 1.1

Finngamer, here are my notes and thoughts:

Consoles (1 mistake, 1 suggestion)
- Why did you have the first row "Charcoal Black" all by itself? It should be on the second line and read "Funtastic Smoke Black/Clear Black/Charcoal Black" all in one. How is the Charcoal Black console (weird AUS release) any different than the other ones?
- I dislike the "Pokémon" row... however I'm not sure what exactly to call it but to a new collector, that naming seems confusing. Maybe add the words "Battle Set/Pokémaniacs" to the end of it or in parenthesis?

Controllers (no mistakes, 1 suggestion)
- I like the way you have the double XX for Gold in the Jap column... not too many people would understand that the first time across :yeah:
- How about switching from an "X" to something new like "!" for the Millennium 2000 and E3 controllers? Then add in the notes: ! = Acquired through giveaway/competition only (the reason is because you technically couldn't "purchase" either of those 2, but anyone was able to buy the NP100 or DK64 like the rest of the retail controllers - even if it was for a limited time through Nintendo Power only)
Click here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

finngamer
Established Member
finngamer
Established Member

February 5th, 2012, 10:34 pm #20

ddr2nite wrote:
finngamer wrote:I updated my website with a little grid of the console variations, did I do any mistakes? Scroll down to the end of 1.1

Finngamer, here are my notes and thoughts:

Consoles (1 mistake, 1 suggestion)
- Why did you have the first row "Charcoal Black" all by itself? It should be on the second line and read "Funtastic Smoke Black/Clear Black/Charcoal Black" all in one. How is the Charcoal Black console (weird AUS release) any different than the other ones?
- I dislike the "Pokémon" row... however I'm not sure what exactly to call it but to a new collector, that naming seems confusing. Maybe add the words "Battle Set/Pokémaniacs" to the end of it or in parenthesis?

Controllers (no mistakes, 1 suggestion)
- I like the way you have the double XX for Gold in the Jap column... not too many people would understand that the first time across :yeah:
- How about switching from an "X" to something new like "!" for the Millennium 2000 and E3 controllers? Then add in the notes: ! = Acquired through giveaway/competition only (the reason is because you technically couldn't "purchase" either of those 2, but anyone was able to buy the NP100 or DK64 like the rest of the retail controllers - even if it was for a limited time through Nintendo Power only)
Charcoal Black is the name of the color of the regular console, I wasn't talking about the AUS Funtastic color. :)

I know not every line is obvious just by looking at the chart, but the longer explanations and pictures are just on top of it, so I didn't want to mess up the chart too much. People can check more info on the page if they want.

Thanks for the !-suggestion, I implemented it slightly modified. ;)