Deleted User
Deleted User

July 15th, 2007, 9:49 pm #681

xXxCreamSodaxXx wrote: I finally got my copy of Animal Forest in the mail today, so far I am enjoying it. And the seller was kind enough to include an English guide on the basics of the game for me. It's really cool to see Animal Forest running on the mighty N64!
Glad that you're enjoying Animal Forest. It looks great on the N64, virtually identical to the GC version, and the tasks are all pretty easy to carry out. There's a guide on GameFAQs that I found to be useful, as some of the events don't really make sense otherwise:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/n64/game/579007.html

:)

xXxCreamSodaxXx
Established Member
xXxCreamSodaxXx
Established Member

July 21st, 2007, 1:04 am #682

I just got my copy of Iggy's Wreckin' Balls in the mail today...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

I always loved that game, even though I think I am one of a small few who does. It's an N64 exclusive(?), and I HIGHLY doubt we will ever see a sequel/port(unless it was on the Wii's VC).

Deleted User
Deleted User

July 21st, 2007, 2:51 pm #683

Got a few N64 games this week:

Roadsters is alright; nice graphics (which are incredibly sharp for a N64 game), good sense of speed and decent opposition. I'm not so sure about the car's handling, but so far I've only driven one car. :lol:

Top Gear Rally 2 seems quite good; good handling, nice graphic (not as pretty as Roasters but still top tier of N64 racers) and also a decent sense of speed. Damage to vehicles can make the races quite hard but rewarding. Overall pretty good, much better than I'd thought.

Turok 2 demo is just something a bit different that I thought I'd get. I seem to remember someone else here having this cart (N64Gamer, perhaps?)??? I could be wrong...

Anyway, it's got a number of features that are different from the retail copy of the game, but there not much to mention in terms of gameplay. You can pick from three "levels", which are really three segments from the Port of Adia level (the first level in Turok 2). The gore has be taken out so there's no cerebral bore, no nasty headshots and no missing limbs; enemies only ever fall down when they die. There's also a number of other things that I think are different from the retail version of the game, but I'm gonna check first to make sure that's correct. I'll make a topic on N64 Answers about this demo at some point in the future, I just need to take some photos and check my facts first. I'll let people know when it's finished.

xXxCreamSodaxXx
Established Member
xXxCreamSodaxXx
Established Member

July 21st, 2007, 5:03 pm #684

alxbly, congrats on the Turok 2 Demo cart! I've been searching for an N64 demo cart for along time, yet I never seem to have the luck in getting them. Nice find. ;)

Shiren Wonders
Shiren Wonders

July 21st, 2007, 8:50 pm #685

Alxbly, it looks like you found some very quality games there. I'm amazed at the demo cart. Where'd you find that?
And are you a racing game fan or it is just coincidence you got those two (TGR 2, Roadsters) and rave about World Driver Championship (which I'm in complete agreement with)?

PS. I believe Roadsters in fact makes use of the Expansion Pak for a hidden hi-rez mode (activated by a cheat when you name your player).

dataDyne
Elite

July 22nd, 2007, 6:50 am #686

Alxbly, be sure to keep us informed about how the Turok 2 demo cart plays. :)
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

Deleted User
Deleted User

July 22nd, 2007, 1:07 pm #687

Shiren Wonders wrote: Alxbly, it looks like you found some very quality games there. I'm amazed at the demo cart. Where'd you find that?
And are you a racing game fan or it is just coincidence you got those two (TGR 2, Roadsters) and rave about World Driver Championship (which I'm in complete agreement with)?

PS. I believe Roadsters in fact makes use of the Expansion Pak for a hidden hi-rez mode (activated by a cheat when you name your player).
Thanks Shiren, I'll check out that hi-rez cheat. I'm really impressed at how crisp the visuals are in this game although the backgrounds are ever so slightly jerky, so it feels like they're running on a low framerate (about 15FPS?). That said, there's no slowdown as such... or not that I've noticed so far. I'll check out the High Rez cheat, I'm sure the game will look amazing (but I'm not so sure how the framerate will suffer).

I am a racing game fan, and these are two games I've been wanting to try out for a while. There's not many N64 racers left for me now, Mickey's Speedway USA is probably the only other one that I'm interested in.

The demo cart was an eBay purchase. I didn't cost all that much, either. Just luck, I suppose. :D When I've played it through I'll post my impressions. :)
Mr.378 wrote:I just got perfect dark.
Good stuff. Have you played it before? What do you think of it? It's one of the best N64 games so you're in for a great time. :)

Shiren Wonders
Shiren Wonders

July 22nd, 2007, 6:41 pm #688

Alxbly, here are some Roadsters codes you might like:

Various Codes
Enter any of these passwords as the driver's name on the driver select screen to activate the trick. Remember that it is case sensitive and the cheats will remain until you enter ''CheatsOff'' as the driver's name.

Bird's Eye View: Chopper
Resolution change: Extra rez

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/n64/code/198496.html

And don't you just love the lollipop shine of all the cars. I could just lick 'em up!

plankton88
Established Member
plankton88
Established Member

July 23rd, 2007, 6:17 am #689

This isn't the actual picture of mine, but I did buy one of these at a yard sale this week.

and one of these

Mop it up
Guardian

July 23rd, 2007, 5:07 pm #690

alxbly wrote: Turok 2 demo is just something a bit different that I thought I'd get. I seem to remember someone else here having this cart (N64Gamer, perhaps?)??? I could be wrong...
I have 7 to say:

1. What does the back label say?
2. Any idea as to how many of these exist?
3. It looks like there's something written on the top... it there?
4. BLASPHEMY!
5. Will you be opening it up to see what the inside looks like?
6. Is it compatible with the Expansion Pak?
7. Are there any other demo carts you know of?