brown duckz
brown duckz

July 31st, 2012, 7:41 pm #2591

I've obtained many consoles and controllers (while sorting out what will become THE collection). 4 OEM Rumble Paks & Controller Paks.

My game collection is pretty much complete, only a few titles remain, but nothing hard to find. I'm a gamer not a collector, so I won't be going for the full 296 club. However, I may start a Japanese collection after my US collection is complete. Sin&Punishment is a big title on that list. Fairly obtainable, but costly.

Here's my game list that has been acquired (All are in near mint condition, 8.5-9/10 on average, some close to mint):

Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
PilotWings 64
Wave Race 64
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Starfox 64
Killer Instinct Gold
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Mortal Kombat 4
Mortal Kombat Mythologies
Donkey Kong 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Banjo-Kazooie 64
Turok
Turok 2
Turok: Rage Wars
Star Wars: SOTE
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer
Paperboy 64
Goldeneye 007
007: The World Is Not Enough
Perfect Dark
Mission Impossible
Doom 64
WINBACK: Covert Operations
Cruis’n USA
Cruis’n World
Cruis’n Exotica
San Francisco Rush
Rush 2: Extreme Racing
California Speed
Hydro Thunder
Polaris SnoCross
Off-Road Challenge
Excitebike 64
Rampage World Tour
Monster Truck Madness 64
Blast Corps
Monopoly 64
Wipeout 64
F-1 World Grand Prix
Pole Position 64
Ridge Racer 64
GT64
Automobili Lamborghini
NFL Blitz
NFL Blitz 2000
NFL Blitz 2001
NBA Showtime
PGA Euro Tour
International Superstar Soccer 64
International Track & Field 2000
Nagano Olympics ‘98
1080 Snowboarding
Twisted Edge Snowboarding
Big Mountain 2000
Wayne Gretzky’s 3D Hockey
Wayne Gretzky’s 3D Hockey ‘98
Olympic Hockey Nagano ‘98
All-Star Baseball 2001
WCW/NWO World Tour
WCW/NWO Revenge
WCW Nitro
WWF Warzone
WWF No Mercy
WWF Wrestlemania 2000
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Knockout Kings 2000
I currently own humble, but nice collections of NTSC-U; NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii

Currently taking a break from a 2012 collecting binge.

Grizzmeister
Elite

July 31st, 2012, 7:56 pm #2592

Mk II wrote:Not sure if i want to laugh or weep... you be the judge

And some people wonder why mint condition N64 cartridges keep going up in price. :lol:

Yeah, that's a Conker's Bad Hair Day on his chest plate. :blasphemybat:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

jon55mcc
jon55mcc

July 31st, 2012, 8:49 pm #2593

Alice Lawless wrote:

I just completed the N64 collection on Sunday. Haven't been online since then.
Well Done Old Chap!

Apart from looking at your savings account, it truly is a great feeling!

I too have completed my list. I now have all the PAL games CIB, except Starcraft which is just cart and instructions. I will take some photos at the weekend.

Regardless... well done Dude! :n64:
Keep it secret, keep it safe... :phear:

Alice Lawless
Veteran

July 31st, 2012, 11:53 pm #2594

bluedogrulez wrote: :applause: Congrats! :applause:

So how about it . . .you gonna tell us how your very last NTSC purchase went down?
Thanks everyone! I would have never been able to do it without the moral support of this site. The last game I needed was Donald Duck: Goin' Quackers. I knew my local retro game store, The Video Game Cavern, had a single copy in stock. I would have been able to buy it about three weeks earlier, but I had to wait for my girlfriend to be there with me when I did. She has helped me tremendously with the collection, so I wanted to share the moment with her. I may not get around to getting the Japan exclusives anytime soon, but I still consider my goal to be complete. I have collected every NTSC game, and that is what I was planning to do ever since the summer of 2009. Not only did I achieve this, but I also surpassed it. I ended up getting both versions of the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, all seven of the PAL exclusives, and a few of my favorite NTSC games in PAL format (THPS). That brings me to my next goal... to finish the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater collection. After that, the GameCube will be my next main focus. With that said, I will NOT be going to a "GamCube Forever" community! This place is my home :D
Facebook:
STIK ROSS

297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

The Red Shadow
Guardian

August 1st, 2012, 12:15 am #2595

Well done, Alice! I can only imagine how you feel. Glad to hear your journey continues into other areas. :yeah:

By the way, I thought of you the other day when I won a copy of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X for the Xbox on eBay. :360:

slowbird

August 1st, 2012, 2:20 am #2596

Well, here's a few pictures of my small collection so far.

Xtreme Green and Ice Blue, the first two "cool" ones that I bought after starting to rebuild my N64 collection a few years ago.

Clear Red/Clear White, just arrived yesterday. I probably paid too much because it was the first one I saw, but it did come with a memory pak, rumble pak, and two Japanese games in addition to the console and controller.

Here's most of my games, a lot of racing games (my favorite type) and some others that a friend didn't want anymore. (He's to blame for me having a Superman 64 cart. :P )

And here's something neat: a Nintendo "Funtastic" pen that I bought at PAX East. Supposedly it was the type of pen used by Nintendo reps back then, and the ink was all dried out when I got it. Fortunately, I found out that it uses a fairly common type of ink refill, so now it writes spectacularly! The weird thing is, it's not Ice Blue or Grape Purple, it's more of a dark blue that doesn't match any of the Funtastic consoles at all. They also had an orange one that seemed much brighter than Fire Orange.

I also have a copy of HSV Adventure Racing and Rally '99 on the way (Japanese version of Rally Challenge 2000), and I'm still looking for Daiei Hawks stuff as well as a blue/white PAL console.
Currently looking for: Blue/White PAL console

Cypher
Established Member
Cypher
Established Member

August 1st, 2012, 6:46 pm #2597

Just picked up my 9 new Pal CIB games to add to my collection about a hour ago :D

The Majoras Mask has been immediately gone into a sentinel n64 protector and i am awaiting another 10 in the post to put the remaining 8 in :D

All in VGC apart from the South Park which wont cost to much to eventually replace :)
Buy ANY SNES/N64/GAMEBOY/GBC/GBA CIB PAL games So message me.

clarky_n64
Veteran

August 1st, 2012, 11:07 pm #2598

That's awesome news Alice :yeah: Now you've got to sit down and play every single one in alphabetical order :lol:

Cypher: You've managed to grab some nice condition ones there. Those sentntel protectors should keep em that way :D

Cypher
Established Member
Cypher
Established Member

August 1st, 2012, 11:11 pm #2599

clarky_n64 wrote:That's awesome news Alice :yeah: Now you've got to sit down and play every single one in alphabetical order :lol:

Cypher: You've managed to grab some nice condition ones there. Those sentntel protectors should keep em that way :D
Yeah the Majora's Mask is like 9/10 :D and yes them Protectors are great i will be buying a set of 10 every time i run out so my boxes are protected as soon as i buy them :) I find if i buy them during my collection grows 11 pound a time for 10 it will not hit me as hard as if i got all 243 games then spend like £200+ for 200+ protectors even though it will work out i will be spending the same amount on the protectors either way, buying them each time i run out makes it mentally feel like im not spending too much on them, if you know what i mean :P
Buy ANY SNES/N64/GAMEBOY/GBC/GBA CIB PAL games So message me.

ItsOnlyAFleshWound

August 2nd, 2012, 11:34 am #2600

Cypher wrote:
clarky_n64 wrote:That's awesome news Alice :yeah: Now you've got to sit down and play every single one in alphabetical order :lol:

Yeah the Majora's Mask is like 9/10 :D and yes them Protectors are great i will be buying a set of 10 every time i run out so my boxes are protected as soon as i buy them :) I find if i buy them during my collection grows 11 pound a time for 10 it will not hit me as hard as if i got all 243 games then spend like £200+ for 200+ protectors even though it will work out i will be spending the same amount on the protectors either way, buying them each time i run out makes it mentally feel like im not spending too much on them, if you know what i mean :P
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230833712551?ru ... 26_rdc%3D1

you might get a bigger deal if your prepared to buy so many up front?