"Movies, Music, Sports, & TV" expansion?

TNT737373
Veteran

October 28th, 2013, 5:46 pm #1

Hey guys, I feel like the Social Board overshadows the sub-forum Entertainment and Sports.

I believe the potential is high enough to the point where it would be a good idea to separate the two. Many of us have movie, music, tv, tech, etc. other collections outside video games. Sharing them in a new section would be ideal rather than have it compete with the current Social Board which I feel is already a strong personal socializing atmosphere which should stand on it's own. "Movies, Music, and TV" is more for discussing what's coming out, reviews, classics, collections, etc. Other forms of media we enjoy.

There hasn't been much love towards Sports related threads, lol. So instead of the forum name "Entertainment and Sports", I think it would sound better to just be renamed to 'Other Entertainment" which would sit as an individual forum underneath Social Board. Then the topics inside the forum could be listed "Movies, Music, Sports, TV." and this would also open up room for future additions. (I.E. Automotive, Food, etc.)

The traffic is pretty low towards the current entertainment sub-forum, only veteran members seem to enter. I want to open this up and I believe my suggestion serves as a logical and organized expansion. Thank you mods, admins, and other loyal N64-beastin' patrons for the consideration. Appreciate it!

bluedogrulez
Guardian

October 30th, 2013, 1:38 pm #2

I think it is an interesting idea. The Everything Else list may get a bit long; but I will review your idea with the staff.

(I know I over-posted one of your well thought out TV posts to wish someone a happy birthday, so I think I understand the reason for the request a feel a smidge guilty, lol)
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez

TNT737373
Veteran

October 30th, 2013, 5:19 pm #3

bluedogrulez wrote:I think it is an interesting idea. The Everything Else list may get a bit long; but I will review your idea with the staff.

(I know I over-posted one of your well thought out TV posts to wish someone a happy birthday, so I think I understand the reason for the request a feel a smidge guilty, lol)
No problem, lol. I just want to separate the different entertainment mediums in an organized way so that people can easily see them and contribute to that one thread they're thinking about, otherwise it becomes a free for all.

Also I have the feeling a good amount of new members aren't aware of that sub-forum. Grouping all the "Other Entertainment" together and elevating it to the front page would be beneficial imo.

Thanks for the consideration man, appreciate it.

bluedogrulez
Guardian

November 5th, 2013, 3:25 pm #4

We intend to act on this suggestion. Stay tuned . . . .
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez