Movies and Television

The Red Shadow
Guardian

January 11th, 2012, 2:44 am #1

I decided it would be cool to have a topic to discuss our favorite movies and TV shows. We had touched on this subject in another topic recently. My favorite shows include The X-Files, Star Trek: The Next Generation, LOST, Firefly, Castle and lots of animated shows like Family Guy, Beavis & Butthead and the old 80s toons like Transformers, GI Joe and He-Man. Here are some pics of my X-Files collection:

The entire collection

The Ultimate Edition box set (all 9 seasons plus Fight the Future movie), I Want To Believe DVD and Revelations DVD

The music

The games

Some other movies with David Duchovny or Gillian Anderson

SicCooper
Veteran

January 11th, 2012, 2:49 am #2

I LOVE these shows:

Family Guy
American Dad
The Simpsons
Futurama
King Of The Hill
The King Of Queens
Seinfeld
Lost
American Pickers
Pawn Stars
Storage Wars
House
Bones
Jackass
Viva La Bam
Impractical Jokers
Spongebob Squarepants
The Fairly Odd Parents

and I LIKE these ones:

Two And A Half Men
Lie To Me
Whose Line Is It Anyway
The Office
How I Met Your Mother
Courage The Cowardly Dog
Cow And Chicken

The Red Shadow
Guardian

January 11th, 2012, 2:55 am #3

I love Whose Line Is It Anyway?, especially the newer version hosted by Drew Carey. I'm also into Smallville, Heroes, Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Naruto and WWE programming, although I haven't watched much of it the last few years.

Mk II
Elite

January 11th, 2012, 11:23 am #4

I'd rather spend my time on my computers than watching TV.
So i only watch The Big Bang Theory and some comical shows on the Beeb (HIGNFY, QI, Would I Lie To You?).
And anything by Sir David Attenborough; his Frozen Planet series was just awesome.

Old faves: Twin Peaks, Heimat, The Soprano's.

Cabanon
Elite

January 11th, 2012, 12:26 pm #5

Lost, Prison Break, Jackass, Viva La Bam, about every series on History Channel. movies are the Taxi (french) series, Fast & Furious, The Bourne series, Resident Evil series. probably more but my brain is freezing this morning with a whopping -23C

Fanny
Established Member
Fanny
Established Member

January 11th, 2012, 4:53 pm #6

In order of favoritism:

The X-Files (even though seasons 8 and 9 were far below par, seasons 2-6 were some of the best of ANY series)

Lost

Firefly (Sadly, so :pottymouth:-lived)

Prison Break (Season 1 is easily one of the greatest seasons of any show ever!)

Millennium (Underrated, imo)

Jeeves & Wooster (Hugh Laurie & Stephen Fry)

and for lulz,

The Lone Gunmen (the episode "Jump The Shark" [also featured as an X-Files episode] was incredibly warm and touching... ;_; )
?A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!?

The Red Shadow
Guardian

January 13th, 2012, 7:31 am #7

Does anyone else find themselves put out with today's network television? There are way too many stupid shows, especially reality shows, and anything good ends up getting cancelled before it can take off. I'm quite disenchanted with TV for the most part. I like to watch my DVDs and Castle is the only current show I keep up on and only when the previous season comes out to buy. Good TV is swiftly becoming a thing of the past.

The Red Shadow
Guardian

January 14th, 2012, 12:16 am #8

I should have posted this earlier but I forgot. Anyway, tonight on the series finale of Extreme Makeover Home Edition they are doing a show in the city I live in, Joplin, Missouri. They built 7 houses in 7 days in the aftermath of the tornado that destroyed a large chunk of the city last May 22. Just thought it might be interesting for some of you.

The show starts at 7pm Central time here in the US.

Alice Lawless
Veteran

January 14th, 2012, 1:59 am #9

I have all seasons of The X-Files on DVD as well. 52 discs. Here's mine:

Facebook:
STIK ROSS

297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

The Red Shadow
Guardian

January 14th, 2012, 3:29 am #10

Very nice. I love how there are so many different sets of The X-Files. I'm holding on to hope that the series may one day see a blu-ray release.