Most Worthless Nintendo 64 Game

Mop it up
Guardian

11:30 PM - Jan 26, 2009 #1

What is the most worthless N64 game you have come across in your travels, as in the cheapest price you've seen for a game that doesn't sell?

In my experience, the most worthless game is Madden Football 64. A couple years ago, GameStop stores discontinued accepting older games as trade-ins, and began selling off their remaining stock at discounted prices. It eventually got down to a bin of sports games, at least half of which were Madden Football 64 which were priced at $0.25.

The game can usually be found on eBay with a starting bid of one cent, but I doubt anyone ever buys them because of the shipping charges. It usually ends up in Nintendo 64 system auctions so that they can be advertised as including game(s).

alxbly
Elite

11:50 PM - Jan 26, 2009 #2

The cheapest N64 games I've seen here in the UK are also sports games. The Fifa games are our Madden equivalent (since soccer is really big here where as American football is pretty niche), I've seen them for 50 pence (£0.50), with a "buy one get free" offer as well. Usually they don't sell and end up getting thrown out by the stores.

A Gamestation store near me had a huge wire basket full of old NES, SNES, Megadrive (Genesis), and N64 carts... mostly sports games or really s***ty third party games. One day i went there and the whole lot had just been thrown out. I reckon there were at least 300 games that they had binned... they just couldn't sell them.

dataDyne
Elite

11:56 PM - Jan 26, 2009 #3

In Australia, I'd say that the most worthless N64 games would be the various basketball games. Those seem to be the ones that are both the cheapest and easiest to find.
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

Mop it up
Guardian

12:02 AM - Jan 27, 2009 #4

alxbly wrote:One day i went there and the whole lot had just been thrown out.
If they had just thrown them out, then rummage through the dumpster and collect them!

That's what I'd have done anyway... :phear:

alxbly
Elite

12:11 AM - Jan 27, 2009 #5

Mop_it_up wrote:
alxbly wrote:One day i went there and the whole lot had just been thrown out.
If they had just thrown them out, then rummage through the dumpster and collect them!

That's what I'd have done anyway... :phear:
If they had still been there I actually would have. They had Xena Warrior Princess, Taz Express and a few other third party games that I was curious about. But sadly, I was a few weeks too late in going back.

Arch Evil
Arch Evil

8:26 PM - Jan 27, 2009 #6

I think that has to be Fifa 64. I don't remember what it costed, but it was cheap. Still a waste of money though...

migulic
migulic

12:34 PM - Jan 28, 2009 #7

Probably Super Mario 64. The only N64 game that you can find tons of, both on eBay and in retro game stores, for very cheap. Although the sports games mentioned might be even worse :)

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: That's for blasphemy! - 20G

Yoshi64
Established Member
Yoshi64
Established Member

3:58 PM - Feb 22, 2009 #8

migulic wrote:Probably Super Mario 64. The only N64 game that you can find tons of, both on eBay and in retro game stores, for very cheap. Although the sports games mentioned might be even worse :)
Super Mario 64 is not cheap, it's common, but not cheap.
:n64: :n64: :n64: :n64:

Deleted User
Deleted User

3:58 AM - Feb 16, 2010 #9

In my personal opinion, anything on the Virtual Console, no offense. Unless you want to experience the extra features on certain games, they are probably only worth the price on the Virtual Console.

Now if you don't have a Wii, I don't know what to say about that.

D.J Cat
Veteran

11:44 PM - Feb 16, 2010 #10

dataDyne wrote:In Australia, I'd say that the most worthless N64 games would be the various basketball games. Those seem to be the ones that are both the cheapest and easiest to find.
I would say it was Forumla One World Grand prix.
I saw SO many copies of that game back in the day (as in just a few years ago).