Mortal Kombat 4

stinger9142
Guardian

8:59 PM - Mar 02, 2015 #1

Mortal Kombat 4 won a great vote off battle. I was a huge MK fan back in the day. Helped draw me into the gaming world to be honest. Truth is I was burned out on it by the time 4 came out. I played it once or twice, but never got into it fully like I had in times passed.

Vinyl
Veteran
Vinyl
Veteran

10:14 PM - Mar 02, 2015 #2

Finally it did! :D I loved MK4
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

buddy1983
Elite

9:23 AM - Mar 03, 2015 #3

I loved the MK series back in the day, played 1-3 so much with my mates. MK4 came out and me and my brother played it a lot. For me the move to 3D ruined the feel of the game a bit but I still found it enjoyable.

Might play this one tonight :yeah:
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Grimakis
Grimakis

2:03 PM - Mar 03, 2015 #4

Finally it won. We are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with these nominations though. I'm not sure how many more months we can go before we are nominating games no one has heard of.

action
action

8:10 PM - Mar 03, 2015 #5

Grimakis wrote:Finally it won. We are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with these nominations though. I'm not sure how many more months we can go before we are nominating games no one has heard of.
i kind of agree

sooner or later, we'll end up with only the worst games.

as for mk4, from this game on is when i lost interest in the series. I'm not sure if john tobias still worked on the characters in this game, but the decline in inspiration is apparent. in MK3 we had new fighters like stryker, cyrax, nightwolf etc, each of them being instant classics and examples of brilliant character design. the new fighters in MK4? not so much...

fujin, jarek, the new female character, shinnok.... they seem a bit sketchy and dull. i dont really like any new fighter in this game. the best MK game on the N64 for me is definately MK trilogy, regardless of the criticism this game got. it's a blast to play with a friend

The Red Shadow
Guardian

11:06 PM - Mar 03, 2015 #6

I'm glad to see this finally win as I nominated it so many times over the last couple years. While I share many of the complaints I've heard about this installment I still heartily enjoyed the first foray into 3D MK carnage.

stinger9142
Guardian

11:52 PM - Mar 03, 2015 #7

As the list of decent games shrinks, we will combat it by opening up the top 20 to squeeze another year and a half out of it ;)

It just blows me away it has had a 4 year run so far.

MK Trilogy was IMO the best. It had everyone. My interest in the series was however peaked at 3. The lost interest was why I never much got into 4.

EnvyFox
EnvyFox

1:36 PM - Mar 08, 2015 #8

While I've played MK4 since I was a kid (arcade, PlayStation and that horrible Game Boy Color port), I hadn't touched the N64 version until I bought a copy earlier this year. I prefer this port for the endings alone. They were forced to use in-game models, which makes them hilarious. Plus, they sneak in a few inside jokes this series is known for ("arright").

While I absolutely despise the fact that Sub-Zero's freeze abilities are almost worthless here, I still had fun with this one. I agree that some of the new characters are pretty lame, but it also gave us Quan Chi and that's a great addition in my book.

Randomgeek
Established Member
Randomgeek
Established Member

6:06 PM - Mar 15, 2015 #9

I don't own this game yet but I've been thinking about adding it to the collection. I already have Mortal Kombat Triology. What would you guys say about it play wise? Is it a game worth playing? Will I get sick of it right away?

I've never played Mortal Kombat 4 on any other platform.