Missing pictures on all forums

entikryst

August 27th, 2013, 8:43 pm #1

I've noticed as I go through old posts on Nintendo 64 Forever that people will post pictures but sadly have been removed or broken. Can I suggest imgur. It works reliably for redditors and you can use it with or without starting an account.

Xephyrian
Veteran

August 27th, 2013, 8:57 pm #2

entikryst wrote:I've noticed as I go through old posts on Nintendo 64 Forever that people will post pictures but sadly have been removed or broken. Can I suggest imgur. It works reliably for redditors and you can use it with or without starting an account.
Yeah I think that most people here use Photobucket, but I'm pretty sure more often than not the issue is the person deleting the picture from their photo sharing site. I can't confirm, but I'm willing to bet that Imgur pictures wouldn't still show up if they were deleted from the host website.

entikryst

August 27th, 2013, 9:53 pm #3

That's a shame that the photos are being deleted. It makes going through old post on this forum a little disappointing.
With imgur you don't have to sign up so if you are putting something that isn't too personal the picture will still be there years later making old threads that use pictures more relevant even today. I also like the way albums are set up. For example here is a gaming cabinet was was trying to get identified Link Here

Cabanon
Elite

August 27th, 2013, 11:35 pm #4

if I deicide to delete a picture, there's probably a reason. im not gonna blame them to do so. of course it's not fun to browse old topic, but you gotta understand there's probably a reason when it's done.