ItalianBaptist
ItalianBaptist

12:18 PM - Jan 24, 2018 #31

I forgot to mention that as a backer I did get an email from them saying that at least the first batch will not be compatible with the Transfer Pak. There was an unforeseen glitch with it but they wanted to make sure production would not be delayed too much.

Since a good chunk of the target audience is mainly focused on Smash Bros. this shouldn't be an issue but just a heads up.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

jonathancutt

3:52 PM - Jan 27, 2018 #32

Only site that has pre-orders still available is in Switzerland, and it works out to be US$85 to buy one and ship to Australia. Will pass for now. Hopefully they can get some units out there, fix the odd bug with them and get a retailer closer to me. Some proper reviews will come out and then we'll see about buying one or more.

EDIT: I'll just stick with V3 Hyperkin joystick replacements until then I think.

Deadmoneycash

12:28 PM - Feb 22, 2018 #33

I am a supporter of this Kickstarter and look forward to getting this modern version controller. My main reason is for my eight year old son. I have a N64 and have tried to get my son to play some games with me and he genuinely seems interested but he cannot get past the N64 controller. It just doesn't work for him as he is a modern gamer. He grew up with Xbox 360 and Xbox One as well as Nintendo Wii U and we have the Pro Controller for that. I welcome this controller as it will help bring a young modern gamer over to some retro Nintendo without the difficulty he has experienced with the original N64 controllers. So basically the controller is for him. I can't wait for some Duke Nukem 64 death matches!

bluedogrulez
Guardian

4:52 PM - Feb 22, 2018 #34

@deadmoney: As my kids pretty much learned on the Wii, they still ask if they can rotate an N64 controller to steer. :facepalm: Error in parenting right there.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez

Deadmoneycash

12:29 AM - Feb 23, 2018 #35

@Bluedodrulez My kids originally started on the wii but they hardly remember it. I received this from Retro Fighters today..

ItalianBaptist
ItalianBaptist

8:19 PM - Feb 27, 2018 #36

I think I got my announcement that my controller is on the way. Anybody else get a thing from Trent Tribe saying an item is on its way?
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

Deadmoneycash

9:44 PM - Feb 27, 2018 #37

ItalianBaptist wrote:I think I got my announcement that my controller is on the way. Anybody else get a thing from Trent Tribe saying an item is on its way?
I did @ 1:00 p.m. today.

NzBoi
NzBoi

10:39 PM - Feb 27, 2018 #38

I contacted Retro Fighters today asking if they will be making them available in New Zealand.

they came back saying they will be "launching another Kickstarter in about 2 weeks time on the transparent colours, we will offer international shipping through Kickstarter soon"

you can sign up for the newsletter on the website and they will let you know when the Kickstarter is live.

FYI :yeah:

Cabanon
Elite

12:14 AM - Feb 28, 2018 #39

im curious to see how good or bad they are. waiting on some review. even if i dont like the layout button at all, it could be a good alternative.

Grizzmeister
Elite

12:55 PM - Feb 28, 2018 #40

Cabanon wrote:im curious to see how good or bad they are. waiting on some review. even if i dont like the layout button at all, it could be a good alternative.
This is exactly how I feel. I don't really need another N64 controller but I might get one of the Retro Fighters units if they're a quality product.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer