Howdy

3:28 PM - Aug 13, 2016 #1

Hi!

2 years ago I got another N64 after my original died sometime around 2007 or so. I've gradually been collecting more games since then. I originally got one back in 1997, with Super Mario 64 and Clayfighter 63 1/3 (what a combination) and was with it 'til the end. It wasn't my first system by any means (I'd been with Nintendo since the NES days, went through about three Sega Genesiseseses, and already had a PS1 by then) so I know it's not wholly nostalgia like people around me are suggesting, since I'm not really compelled to go start recollecting games for those other systems I had. Something about the system was just really captivating, and still is. Something about the cartridge format and how they managed to fit so much stuff into these games while making them look and run better than disc systems is pretty awesome to me. They really pushed the limits of what they had. And now as a geeky adult I find it even more fascinating from a technical standpoint and have been learning more about the science behind gaming hardware from studying them. As well as the business side of things, with Nintendo's entirely different approach to developing, licensing and releasing things compared to the rest of that generation, and the different ways it both helped and hindered the console.

I played a lot of classics back in the day but there were also a lot of games I never got to try so I've been reliving memories as well as experiencing games I missed and digging up hidden gems. I dunno, modern games are good and well, I don't regret owning an Xbox One, but nobody I know gets the appeal of these simpler, pick-up-and-play games that don't require a reliable internet connection and a bunch of hard-drive space and paying twice the game's original cost in DLC to properly enjoy. I also have zero interest in online multiplayer and the huge focus being put on that nowadays has alienated me just a tad. So I honestly have been getting more use out of my N64 than anything else lately.

I had been posting on the N64 boards at a certain other popular generalized gaming site but there's not a lot of good discussion there (not that I really blame them, there just isn't a lot of interest in 20-year-old systems among the general population) but found my way here thanks to italia64.

Anyway, glad to be here, sorry for the rambling first post, but yeah. Just wanted to say hello!

No64DD
Elite

5:15 PM - Aug 13, 2016 #2

wrote:I had been posting on the N64 boards at a certain other popular generalized gaming site but there's not a lot of good discussion there (not that I really blame them, there just isn't a lot of interest in 20-year-old systems among the general population) but found my way here thanks to italia64.
Well said. :yeah:

Welcome to Nintendo64Forever.com

Nice signature!
A Secret star
lie here~

bluedogrulez
Guardian

6:15 PM - Aug 13, 2016 #3

Yeah, I am also lovin the signature! Welcome aboard Los Tic, lots of good technical discussions and resources here
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez

Milage007
Elite

9:18 PM - Aug 13, 2016 #4

Welcome to the site fella. You came to the right place here. I share your feelings to some degree with modern games. I have a PS4 and owning people on CoD is only fun for so long.

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

Rocky
Rocky

1:36 AM - Aug 14, 2016 #5

Welcome to the site! Look forward to having you here. :)

DeeMoney
Guardian

10:35 AM - Aug 14, 2016 #6

Welcome mate :mario:
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

stinger9142
Guardian

3:28 PM - Aug 15, 2016 #7

Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever! Gotta love Beavis! :lol: