Guess the Controllers Game! (Prize for winner!)

ddr2nite
Veteran

October 3rd, 2013, 10:10 pm #1

So as many of you know, today is my birthday... turning the big three-zero (30). Instead of people giving me presents, I'd like to give something back to you guys as a gift for showing my appreciation of the community here. So today I am announcing the...

:n64: GUESS THE CONTROLLERS GAME!!! :n64:

What is the prize?
The prize for this contest will be coming out of my collection - and it is a Japanese boxed Gold controller! It is complete in original box, controller is brand new, and it has the original paperwork and cardboard insert! I will work out the shipping costs with the winner. :mario:

How do I win?
This game is similar to the "how many jelly beans" game and it's very simple: all you have to do is guess the total number of N64 controllers that I have at this very moment. The person who comes closest will be declared the winner. You are allowed to go over (we are not using Price Is Right rules) - which means that if the actual number is 64, and Person A guesses 60 and Person B guesses 65, Person B will be the winner because they are closer (even though they went over).

What qualifies as a controller?
I will count any controller that is able to be plugged into an N64 console and all of the buttons on it works. Here are more details:
- I will count used/old/unboxed controllers
- I will count brand new, never used controllers
- I will count controllers that are sealed
- I will count controllers that are boxed or in console/full sets
- I will count 3rd party (not made by Nintendo controllers - an example will be ASCII or Hori controllers)

Who can play?
Anyone who has at least 10 posts and have been a part of our forum for at least 1 month. I'm sorry for stipulating this rule but since this is my game/contest and my goal is to give back to the community, I want the prize to go to someone who has been on our forum for some time and is a recognized member.

How do I guess?
Each person is allowed 1 guess, and you simply post your guess in this topic. Simple as that :)

When is the game over and the winner announced?
I will let this contest run for 1 week. All entries (posts) that are entered before October 10th (my time, Pacific time zone) will be valid. I will reveal the answer and winner on October 10th.

I have just finished counting all of my controllers, and the answer will surprise you! In case any of you want a hint, feel free to head over to my gallery (click here) for a starting point on guessing how many controllers I actually have. Remember to read the section above on what counts as a controller and what I'll be counting. Don't base your answer strictly off the pictures from my gallery, as I've collected a lot more since then and there are definitely items in my collection that did not show up on the pictures!

Good luck to everyone! :mario:
Click here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

Xephyrian
Veteran

October 3rd, 2013, 10:34 pm #2

Awesome contest! Very generous of you. I'll go ahead and submit my guess at 136 controllers total.

The Red Shadow
Guardian

October 3rd, 2013, 10:37 pm #3

Sweet contest. I'll guess 89.

Majora's Mask
Established Member
Majora's Mask
Established Member

October 3rd, 2013, 10:46 pm #4

Wow, this is cool of you!

My guess: 101 :omg:

danilochka
danilochka

October 3rd, 2013, 11:36 pm #5

I've actually tried to sit and work it out but I keep losing count so I'm gonna go with 96 :lol:

No64DD
Elite

October 3rd, 2013, 11:59 pm #6

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YO. I need more posts to qualify:(
A Secret star
lie here~

Hyrule
Established Member
Hyrule
Established Member

October 4th, 2013, 2:27 am #7

Happy birthday! You're getting old! Not really but my guess is 113
Hello all.

SicCooper
Veteran

October 4th, 2013, 2:55 am #8

Happy Birthday man! My guess is 114

i8ablueskittle
i8ablueskittle

October 4th, 2013, 5:31 am #9

I'm gunna go with 88. I hope I win, this is ending on MY birthday. Happy 30th Glen!!!
Forever searching for 1080 Snowboarding and 1080 Avalanche items.
Love N64 Prototypes and Unreleased games.
PM me or email me at i8ablueskittle@gmail.com

scooter77
Veteran

October 4th, 2013, 7:01 am #10

Happy birthday man, i hated turning 30, worst day of my life LOL, i got a keg on my 30th and with the help of a few of my mate i drank my sorrow away LOL, on the bright side i got a sky dive for the big day and jumped out of a plane at 16000ft, the best and most scary thing i have ever done in my life, i hope you have a great day.

Im going for gold on my guess, 147 :smokin:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein

PAL Collection: 243/243
NTSC-U only Exclusives: 50/50
NTSC-U / NTSC-J Exclusives: 11/11
NTSC-J only Exclusives: 85/85
64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.