Greetings to Fellow N64 Enthusiasts

Shy Guy
Shy Guy

March 10th, 2017, 2:58 pm #1

Hello!

As a long-time N64 fan, I am pleased to finally join your community! I have lurked/browsed these forums for some time now, and I'm happy to finally introduce myself. I'm always happy to read about/discuss games, especially those created for such a fantastic system as the N64!

Besides playing N64, my other interests include classical music (I've played the piano for many years), Bethesda's The Elder Scrolls series, MUDing, and various forms of crafting (origami, knitting, crocheting, cooking, etc.)

Currently, my (admittedly small) N64 collection includes:

Banjo-Tooie
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Party 2
Mario Kart
NHL '99
Paper Mario
Super Mario 64
Star Fox 64
Wave Race 64
Yoshi's Story

As you can see, I have many gaps! Currently I'm playing through OOT again, which has been great. I'm open to suggestions for other games I should experience!

stinger9142
Guardian

March 10th, 2017, 5:46 pm #2

Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. Glad you decided to join in. Small or not, you have a nice collection! :yeah: I too love Elder Scrolls!

Shellshocker18
Shellshocker18

March 10th, 2017, 11:27 pm #3

Hi and welcome to the community Shy Guy! I love your avatar. Hope to see you around :yeah:

buddy1983
Elite

March 11th, 2017, 8:27 am #4

:blink: Sorry for my ignorance but whats MUDing ?

Welcome :)
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Jsboger
Established Member
Jsboger
Established Member

March 11th, 2017, 2:34 pm #5

Hello and welcome!
Nintendo Sixty-FOOOOOOOOOOUR!!!!!!

Shy Guy
Shy Guy

March 11th, 2017, 5:29 pm #6

buddy1983 wrote: :blink: Sorry for my ignorance but whats MUDing ?

Welcome :)
Ahh, I am glad you asked. :) It's a rather old form of text-based online multiplayer game. The Two Towers MUD is where I hang about. I'd recommend it to anyone who'd enjoy something like a cross between Rogue and a text adventure, with multiplayer community thrown in. Plus, T2Tmud is Tolkien-based, which makes it awesome. :P

And thanks for the welcome, everyone! :n64:

Wildfiremicro
Established Member
Wildfiremicro
Established Member

March 12th, 2017, 3:19 am #7

Welcome to the forums!
You should check out the Shante series if you like 2D platformers
We are all mad here
Rip and tear until it's done
Youtube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCzsB1vGRWSrVZ4GNkdY856w

Shy Guy
Shy Guy

March 12th, 2017, 4:38 am #8

Wildfiremicro wrote:Welcome to the forums!
You should check out the Shante series if you like 2D platformers
That does look like a fun series. Never heard of it myself, but I do like 2D platformers. My GBA is back home, though I see that the sequels are available on Steam.

Milage007
Elite

March 12th, 2017, 9:32 am #9

Welcome to the forum! Nice collection you have. Always room for Goldeneye in any N64 collection. Great FPS as you are probably aware. But if platformers are your thing how about Banjo Kazooie? I think it is better than Tooie personally.

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

Shy Guy
Shy Guy

March 12th, 2017, 4:22 pm #10

Milage007 wrote:Welcome to the forum! Nice collection you have. Always room for Goldeneye in any N64 collection. Great FPS as you are probably aware. But if platformers are your thing how about Banjo Kazooie? I think it is better than Tooie personally.
Indeed, I'd say BK is close to the top of my list. It intrigues me to hear you say it's better than Tooie. Now I really wanna pick it up! :yeah: I did own Goldeneye for a while. I never played it back in the day (I was really too young) and had a hard time getting into it. I never finished the single-player campaign, though, and I hear the multiplayer is a highlight.