Goldfinger 64 has been released!!!!

Kerr Avon
Kerr Avon

3:17 PM - Sep 19, 2017 #1

Goldfinger 64, the long awaited fan-made mod of the N64 classic Goldeneye, has finally been released! It's a really ambitious mod, eight years in the making, and since it's a mod of an N64 game, then you'll either need to use an N64 emulator, or play it via a flash cartridge (such as the Everdrive 64, or the 64Drive) with a real N64.

There's a preview video at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aJZgB8j3Gw

Goldeneye 64 is available as a downloadable patch file (which needs to be applied to an NTSC rom v1.1 of Goldeneye), but I can't post a link, as per the TOS of this site, so you'll have to google for it.

Notes:

1) If you use a real N64, then you need to have an expansion pak present. If you use an emulator, then ensure that it's "Use expansion pak" (or however it's phrased) option is enabled.

2) Goldfinger 64 uses 4kb EEPROM/EEP saves, so you must tell the flash cartridge or the emulator to use this save format for the game. To do this with the Everdrive 64, open the file 'save_db.txt' that is in the 'ED64' folder on the Everdrive's SD card, and add the line:

GF=1

to the end of the 'save_db.txt' file. Saving will now work as it should.

And if you want to print out an N64 style box for the game, to look good on your shelf, then even that's covered! Someone has made the artwork for it, and it looks great:

Grizzmeister
Elite

5:09 PM - Sep 19, 2017 #2

Goldfinger was such an awesome James Bond movie! Honor Blackman was hella sexy in it as the character whose name I still giggle at every time I say it out loud. :lol:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

stinger9142
Guardian

3:28 AM - Oct 04, 2017 #3

I love that people are still making stuff like this. 20 years later, and here we are.

Cabanon
Elite

11:23 AM - Oct 04, 2017 #4

Where Can I order this awesome box ?

ReliantLion

4:41 PM - Oct 04, 2017 #5

I can't seem to get the editor to run. Keeps having a fit about various errors. :huh:

Kerr Avon
Kerr Avon

8:06 PM - Oct 05, 2017 #6

wrote:Where Can I order this awesome box ?
I don't know if you can order it from anyone, but the images are available at the official release thread on the official forum for anyone to print out. If you do want to order a copy, then post in that thread, and ask if anyone would be willing to do it for you.

wrote:I can't seem to get the editor to run. Keeps having a fit about various errors.
I've just sent you a private message.

Milage007
Elite

9:52 PM - Oct 05, 2017 #7

From a massive James Bond and N64 fan this is awesome! Agree, it's great to see people putting in the time and effort to do this sort of thing nowadays.

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

D.J Cat
Veteran

1:34 PM - Oct 28, 2017 #8

This is so good!

I remember reading about this year's ago when the project first started and was excited for it.

I looked for it a little while ago and assume it was never going to get done.

Buy here it is!
Fantastic!

I want more than anything to actually play it (preferably on console) but I'm too lazy...more like busy to actually make it happen.
One day I will finally get to play it and it will be amazing! ?

1985gamer

3:23 PM - Jan 22, 2018 #9

Not much conversation on here (or anywhere on the net) about this considering the scope of what has been achieved. The only comments seem to be criticism of any flaws or things people want improved, must be disheartening for all the developers whove been working on this for years.

I've just been through the single player missions on Agent and beginning a secret agent run-through and I'm really enjoying it. I need to go back and watch the movie to approximate some of the settings I think. Loving the difficulty level, seems set just right for experienced players with tweaked AI and more immersive missions than the original. Been playing on Everdrive with original hardware.

Any other fans out there?

D.J Cat
Veteran

6:04 PM - Jan 22, 2018 #10

I can't say how much I want to play the game but just don't have time time!

My 84 hour work weeks have been cut down to 62-68 hours...but that's still a hell of a lot of work, and not enough time to fit this in.

Someone needs to send me a really dumbed down version of how to play this.
Cause I will most certainly play it one day and enjoy it to no end I am sure! ?