Gamevaluenow

gamerjerome
Established Member
gamerjerome
Established Member

8:25 PM - Aug 05, 2017 #1

Not sure if this has been shared or talked about. A new site popped up about year ago that lets you check prices of used games. They just adding a bunch of new features including the ability track collections and see the value based on completed sold eBay auctions. It's still in beta but they do separate values based on what you have for the game, cart/disc, box, manual and extras. Condition is the only factor they don't seem to calculate for. When you do add a game which is really easy, you select what you have for it.

Is it be perfect? No, but the average prices seem to be pretty close. Again they are only averages. I'm liking the ease of use though. It will track how far you are from completing a collection, current pricing and if they go up or down. I could see pricing going down on your collection if you buy more new games than old since those drop first. When just checking pricing they seem to omit rare specialized games from most of the averages just to keep it more accurate which is good. They do star the games that are not included into averages.

Anyway, I thought I'd share. I'm not sure if anyone has been using this site or seen it before. I added a picture of my current collection so you can see what it looks like. You can also add hardware manually but right now it's seems to be focused on games.

www.gamevaluenow.com

Twitter - Youtube - Collection

Controllers - Boxed US (8/8) - Blister (7/7)
Games - Sealed - (9) - Boxed (79) - Lose (77)
Grey Variants - (9/14)

gamerjerome
Established Member
gamerjerome
Established Member

12:40 AM - Sep 27, 2017 #2

It looks like no hitters on the topic but I wanted to give a small update.

After completing my controller sets I took stock photos and added them to gamevaluenow. Don't mind my makeshift photobooth.

They decided to use the photos which is awesome. If you use the site you can now find the controllers and add them to your collection. After a few months we'll have a better price range to know what general controllers are worth on ebay. As of right now, they show no prices. It may be a glitch or they need more data. Update: The developer told me that the data should populate during tonight's update.

I'm only adding what I own personally though so there still a bunch of controllers and hardware missing. I'm hoping other collectors using the site will add more.

Twitter - Youtube - Collection

Controllers - Boxed US (8/8) - Blister (7/7)
Games - Sealed - (9) - Boxed (79) - Lose (77)
Grey Variants - (9/14)

Kamikaze
Kamikaze

11:19 AM - Sep 27, 2017 #3

I am wondering if it, like most sites, only tracks US prices or does it track PAL/Japan as well. Since prices per region can vary greatly.

Some games I know of:
- Def Jam FFNY is pretty much worthless in PAL region, whereas US copies still have a decent value,
- Mario 64 is at best a €10 cart only here. Good luck finding it in the US so low. Same for most other Mario titles on cube and 64,
- On a more extreme scale; Little Samson. Cart only $700 in the US, in bad condition. CIB just €500 in PAL region.

jonebone
jonebone

12:18 PM - Sep 27, 2017 #4

It's a USA based site for now like Pricecharting. I work with Rick on some of his algorithm updates and his site is top notch for sure. Glad to see it getting some love over here too.

stinger9142
Guardian

12:34 PM - Sep 27, 2017 #5

That is pretty cool. I like being able to categorize inventory on databases. Sure looks like it beats Gamefaqs collection feature. I will have to check it out. Curious to see what values it puts on my stuff. Thanks for sharing!

EnvyFox
EnvyFox

2:15 PM - Sep 27, 2017 #6

I recently started using this site myself. Nice and quick way to find out what's worth what. My biggest issue with it, however, is that it doesn't seem to track PC games. I'm assuming there's a good reason for this since Pricecharting.com doesn't track them either and saying that I'm a big PC gamer would be a flat out lie but I have two CIB DOS games that I've been trying to get the values of for a while but have never been able to get clear answers no matter where I look. The "newer" PC games I own ("newer" = any game not on floppy discs) are easier to track through eBay and Amazon thankfully.

Other than that, I highly recommend GameValueNow for those of us here in the states. :yeah:

EDIT: I just found out why I can't track PC games on the site. Makes sense I guess but it still doesn't sit right with me.