Games you'll finish in 2010

alxbly
Elite

November 25th, 2009, 9:52 pm #1

Alrighty, we're almost into 2010, so what games do you plan to finish? I've got a few on my list, which will no doubt grow even further throughout the year. Too many games, not enough time...

For 360 there's a few games that I've been distracted from that I'd like to complete; Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, The Darkness, Gears of War 2, Grand Theft Auto Episoides from Liberty City, Mass Effect, Prince of Persia and Red Faction. So... that's the first half of the year accounted for.

I've got just as many on PS3; Batman Arkham Asylum (although I'm hoping to finish this before 2010), Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Prototype, Transformers Revenge of the Fallen and Uncharted. At some point I'll get Uncharted 2 so that needs to be on the list as well.

And on Wii there's Dead Space Extraction, Endless Ocean, New Super Mario Bros, No More Heroes, Okami, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and maybe, eventually, just possibly... Super Mario Galaxy.

Its gonna be a busy year. >_<

floorcat
Elite

November 25th, 2009, 10:10 pm #2

Hahaha... If there's anybody who can sympathize with you alxbly, I'd think it would be me. :D

While I might not have had as impressively large a list of 2009 completed games as alxbly or niniendowarrior (and others), I'm pretty happy with the games and 100%-accomplishments I had for 2009... probably the biggest ever for me in terms of the ratio of games bought/played/completed/100%'d!! :w00t: I wonder if I'll be to keep the momentum into the new year... :unsure:

Anyways, here's my list of hopeful 2010 completions, in no comprehensible order, and obviously excluding many games yet to be announced/released/purchased:
Dante's Inferno
Modnation Racers
Demon's Souls
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (well, alxbly has SMG) :lol:
Tornado Outbreak
de Blob
Mario Kart Wii (fer you, Mop it up) ;)
Ratchet & Clank (entire series!) :rollseyes:
My Sims Agents
Folklore
Eternal Sonata
Picross DS
Gears of War (just maybe??)
Zack & Wiki (wow... forgot I stopped just shy of what I believe to be the final puzzle!!) >_<
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Dead Space: Extraction
Prototype
Dead Rising
BioShock
Mass Effect
Guitar Hero: Metallica/Rock Band: Beatles

alxbly
Elite

November 25th, 2009, 10:55 pm #3

floorcat wrote:Anyways, here's my list of hopeful 2010 completions

You mean Dead Space 2, no? I thought you'd finished Dead Space Extraction?
floorcat wrote:Hahaha... If there's anybody who can sympathize with you alxbly, I'd think it would be me. :D
Truth. We'll get through them all floorcat, even if it means we sacrifice work, sleep, eating, our health, families and ultimately... our lives!
floorcat wrote:While I might not have had as impressively large a list of 2009 completed games as alxbly or niniendowarrior (and others), I'm pretty happy with the games and 100%-accomplishments I had for 2009.
You've got a damned impressive list, floorcat. I seriously wish I had the patience to 100% every game... but I know I don't. I'm happy with the occasional 100% and just getting through to the finish of as many games as I can.

One thing, the 2009 list has really helped me to focus on actually finishing games. I'm sure I've never completed as many games in any one year as I have done in the past year. :)

floorcat
Elite

November 27th, 2009, 6:47 pm #4

alxbly wrote:
floorcat wrote:Anyways, here's my list of hopeful 2010 completions

You mean Dead Space 2, no? I thought you'd finished Dead Space Extraction?
Heh... you're quite right, I'd already long finished Dead Space: Extraction. But I guess I don't consider it DONEdone until I get 5 stars on each chapter, on "Impossible" difficulty. And you're quite right again, that Dead Space 2 needs to be on that list... hopefully it's released next year!! :unsure:

migulic
migulic

January 1st, 2010, 9:33 pm #5

Alxbly, I hope you won't be angry at me for stealing your thread idea ;) But I quite liked the 2009 topic and I think we need a new one for this year.

What games are you planning to finish in 2010? What are your gaming New Year's resolutions? What games have you finished in 2010 so far?

I certainly would like to finish the games I started late last year:
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo DS)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360)
Bioshock (Xbox 360)
Scribblenauts (Nintendo DS)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (Nintendo DS)

as well as my late 2009 purchases:
Assassin's Creed II (Xbox 360)
New Super Mario Bros. (Wii)
Shadow Complex (XBLA)

For early 2010, I'm interested in buying:
Bayonetta
Brutal Legend
Mass Effect 2
Final Fantasy XIII

As for my huge backlog, I would certainly like to complete at least the following:
The Orange Box (Xbox 360)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GameCube)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (GameCube collector's edition)
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (Nintendo DS)
Chrono Trigger (Nintendo DS)
My LucasArts adventure backlog (PC - LOOM/The Dig/Sam&Max Hit The Road/Full Throttle/Indy and the Fate of Atlantis/Curse of Monkey Island/Escape of Monkey Island/Grim Fandango)
ICO (PlayStation 2)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (Wii VC)
Resident Evil 4 (Wii)
Banjo-Kazooie (XBLA remake)

I probably won't manage... but that's my goal for this year, as well as any new interesting games that come along.

What are you going to play this year?

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: That's for blasphemy! - 20G

alxbly
Elite

January 2nd, 2010, 2:16 am #6

migulic wrote:Alxbly, I hope you won't be angry at me for stealing your thread idea ;) But I quite liked the 2009 topic and I think we need a new one for this year.
^_^ You're a month late to the party! :P

Anyone else feel like their first game completion of the year should be something special? I do... but I've no idea what it should be. :wacko:

dataDyne
Elite

January 2nd, 2010, 3:50 am #7

New Super Mario Bros. Wii is my highest gaming priority right now. Unfortunately I'm already struggling on World 2, so that doesn't exactly give me hope I'll finish it any time soon. :(

Other than that, I've actually finished every single game I own at the present time. So consequently the games I plan to finish in 2010 will be the games will be buying this year, which includes Final Fantasy XIII, God of War 3 and Metroid: Other M.
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

Applepieman
Veteran

January 2nd, 2010, 7:33 am #8

Well I got a bunch of games right before Christmas but instead of playing through on those I played Team Fortress 2 on my new gaming pc. But now I got my fix on TF2, first game up to finish is Rayman 3. Just 2 more levels to finish now and I'll be done. Then after that I got my 6 other games to complete: Okami, Beyond Good & Evil, Kirby Dreamland 3, and Spyro 1,2 & 3, but I'm not so sure about the Spyro games as I got them all with my purchase of my PS2, and I don't have any fond memories of them.

Though to restate 4 games I know I'll finish: Rayman 3 (probably by tomorrow), Okami, Beyond Good & Evil and Kirby Dreamland 3

After that, I'm probably gonna finally pick up Zelda Spirit Tracks and Professor Layton 2 and rip through those.

And After that... not sure.

migulic
migulic

January 2nd, 2010, 2:54 pm #9

alxbly wrote:
migulic wrote:Alxbly, I hope you won't be angry at me for stealing your thread idea ;) But I quite liked the 2009 topic and I think we need a new one for this year.
^_^ You're a month late to the party! :P

Anyone else feel like their first game completion of the year should be something special? I do... but I've no idea what it should be. :wacko:
Aww, and I thought I was the first to make this thread :)

And my first game completion of the year will probably be The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. I'm almost done, one more dungeon to go. It's a new Zelda, that's special enough for me ;)

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: That's for blasphemy! - 20G

Mop it up
Guardian

January 6th, 2010, 8:23 pm #10

Alxbly wrote:Anyone else feel like their first game completion of the year should be something special? I do... but I've no idea what it should be.
Yeah, but I've no idea what. It'd probably be fitting if it were a Nintendo 64 game... but I can't really think of one I never completed that I would want to start right now and be able to finish before other games on my list that are closer.

I've still got to finish my list for 2009 even though I didn't really keep up with it like the lot of you. In the mean time, here's a quick list of some games I know I'd want to try this year; some are going back to finish, others are starting for the first time.

Wii
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Battalion Wars 2
Boom Blox Bash Party
Cooking Mama: World Kitchen
de Blob
Elebits
Endless Ocean
Groovin' Blocks
MadWorld
Marble Saga: Kororinpa
Mario Power Tennis
Mercury Meltdown Revolution
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Okami
Pikmin
Rune Factory Frontier
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Trauma Center: New Blood
Wario Land: Shake It!
Wii Music
Total: 21

WiiWare
Kirby's Dream Land 3
LostWinds
Toki Tori
Water Warfare
World of Goo
You, Me & the Cubes
Total: 6

I may add a few GameCube games as well, after I have a look at them.