Game manuals

monkeyjim100

10:24 AM - Sep 03, 2017 #1

I love collecting the game manuals but struggle to find them. if anyone knows of a good place to look it would be greatly appreciated
I love the way older consoles have manuals it makes the game seem more complete the way that you get more info like a page of story that you dont get with the newer game's. Does anyone else feel the same or is it just me being slightly geeky?

Cabanon
Elite

1:27 PM - Sep 03, 2017 #2

look at used video games store. a store close by unload them at 0.25$. there's not that many, but when I go I simply buy 'em all. could be usefull sometimes. its quite cheaper this way.

Milage007
Elite

2:45 PM - Sep 03, 2017 #3

I agree they don't make them like they used to! Nice boxes and manuals, posters etc. There is a lot more focus now on cost cutting and profit maximising and it does come sometimes to the detriment of games, certainly the collectibility aspect.

You can find manuals loose on eBay quite often but rarer games this will of course be a lot more of a challenge than a common game.

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

monkeyjim100

5:52 PM - Sep 03, 2017 #4

It must be a U.S thing that you find things pretty easily with the amount of cheap shops you have. Cos in the U.K the best we get is charity shops where it really is pot luck as to what you find

Kamikaze
Kamikaze

7:07 AM - Sep 04, 2017 #5

monkeyjim100 wrote:It must be a U.S thing that you find things pretty easily with the amount of cheap shops you have. Cos in the U.K the best we get is charity shops where it really is pot luck as to what you find
Try conventions, because a lot of vendors there are collectors unloading doubles. Most of them do not care about manuals or a beat up box and unload them cheap.

I've picked up some nice Gameboy Zelda and Pokemon manuals over time for €1 each. It's a bit hit or miss, but worth a shot.

No UK experience, but mainland Europe :)

monkeyjim100

8:18 AM - Sep 04, 2017 #6

Thanks, hadn't thought of conventions and things like that, well off I go on another internet trawl, how did we ever survive without it !
Have just seen someone trying to sell paper mario manual for £25 !! Which even for a sort after game is a bit steep. Dirty fleecing rotter Update £50 for conkers bad fur day manual !! what is rhe world coming too!

Kamikaze
Kamikaze

4:48 AM - Sep 05, 2017 #7

Manuals can be expensive, but on games like that most of the time it is cheaper to buy a cib copy than piece one together. A Conker cart goes for about a 100, the manual for 50, the box also 50, but a cib can be found for 150 to 180

Do not expect these kind of "rare" manuals to be cheap at conventions either. A Little Samson manual will still cost you an arm and an leg. But common stuff can be found for really cheap.

monkeyjim100

6:32 PM - Sep 07, 2017 #8

I know what you're saying about getting them all together but with certain games being so expensive, that unless have plenty of money, you have to save up to buy it cib but by that time it could be gone.

Kamikaze
Kamikaze

8:06 PM - Sep 07, 2017 #9

monkeyjim100 wrote:I know what you're saying about getting them all together but with certain games being so expensive, that unless have plenty of money, you have to save up to buy it cib but by that time it could be gone.
That's true as well. It really depends. Getting it piece by piece can be a pain, specially boxes for more uncommon or desired games. Those ain't cheap either.

But it really depends on budget you can spent and how badly you want it cib.