Deleted User

November 4th, 2006, 9:50 pm #11

Post it then. :)

floorcat
Elite

November 4th, 2006, 10:03 pm #12

alxbly wrote:Post it then.  :)
FINE :P
Mind you, I think it's a little dry/redundant (should've spent more than 1.5 hours on it, to be honest)
wrote:Description - information to be available to the user
As has been previously stated, the application I intend to build will be a web-based resource for video games released in Japan for the Nintendo 64.  As such, the user (anyone interested in Japan-import Nintendo 64 games) shall be able to find a sufficient amount of relevant information on any of the games included in this scope.  A comprehensive list of this information is as follows:
· Game title – romanized Japanese
· Game title – standard Japanese (:pottymouth:-JIS, EUC, or UTF encoded) (if functional!)
· Game title – translation (if necessary, or U.S./English title if extant)
· Developing /publishing companies
· Release date (if available)
· Game genre (if available)
· Box/cartridge artwork (if available)
· Screenshots (if available)
· Misc. info (ex: game description) and related websites/links (if available/extant)
· User-posted comments/reviews (if extant)
With regards to the first 6 points, one should be able to find nearly all the information needed for all the listed games, with only a small percentage of exceptions.  For the next two points (box/cartridge Artwork and screenshots), graphic files will be available as I discover them myself.  (As of yet, I still need to find graphics for perhaps around 50% of the games.)

User interaction – search function
Since there will potentially be quite a bit of information & graphic files available for each game, the user will only be able to view the entirety of information on a single game one game at a time (i.e. per browser tab/window).  However, a list of all the games, listed alphabetically by their romanized Japanese title, will always be readily accessible via provided links, as will a convenient game search function.  The search function will allow the user to find a game (or a smaller, more focused list of games) by its corresponding information, such as its title (tentatively only in romanized/English form), developing/publishing companies, genre, etc.  At the end of a successful search, the user will be able to select a single game to display its detailed information, in much the same way as would be done with the complete "romanized list" of all the games.

User interaction – posting comments/reviews
When viewing the detailed information on a single game, the user will have the option to post his/her remarks/comments/opinions/reviews of the game which, once posted, will be accessible/viewable to any/all other users through the game details page.  There will likely be a required field when submitting the post to help identify the user to whom the post belongs.

Scope – room for growth (currently NOT to be implemented)
Being only in its initial stages, this application will presently be limited to the above, and as such, will have plenty of avenues for expansion.  Possibilities for future updates could include features such as video reviews, a game ranking system, instruction manual translations, member login/password entry, as well as a region scope extended to include games released worldwide.

niniendowarrior
niniendowarrior

November 5th, 2006, 12:02 am #13

Hmm... looks fine.

I would suggest that you should find a way to get your own screenshots of the games. It's the direct and simplest way to do it instead of scavenging in the net.

floorcat
Elite

November 5th, 2006, 12:11 am #14

^ agreed... except that I only own about 20% of JP-only games :(

... can't exactly take screen-captures of games I don't own... yet. ;)

Some titles, I don't even know what the box looks like!!

niniendowarrior
niniendowarrior

November 5th, 2006, 12:16 am #15

I would think www.nintendo.co.jp is your one stop be-all-end-all solution to all those things. That's where I found info on Sin and Punishment. 2 years after the console had already bowed out. :lol:

floorcat
Elite

November 5th, 2006, 12:42 am #16

^ Yeah... believe me, I've been there already. They only have about 50 games listed (only those developed/published by Nintendo?)... for which they provide plenty of info (as far as I'm concerned), but not even a mention of the remaining 50-150 games (depending on if you include JP games that saw Occidental releases).

niniendowarrior
niniendowarrior

November 5th, 2006, 1:17 am #17

In that case, you should go through the websites of the manufacturers. I do know that Yukes takes down websites of older games so you won't be guaranteed to find the info you need.

N64Gamer
Established Member
N64Gamer
Established Member

November 9th, 2006, 12:42 pm #18

i dont know if im in any help but i can scan my copy of Akumajo Dracula for you?
BTW looking fowrd to this site, we need n64 site on the web. there 101 NES sites but no n64 sites

floorcat
Elite

December 10th, 2006, 11:39 pm #19

Yes... I've been MIA again... but I haven't forgotten about you guys!

... well, not yet, at least :P

Anyways... so I'm finally working full-on for this website project right now... haven't really done so in the last 3 weeks (when I SHOULD have been)... guess no matter what the subject material, I'll procrastinate all the same. <_<

I just got (most of) the data imported into my running database successfully, so I'm pretty stoked. Unfortunately, that's ALL I've done for this final phase so far. Which is a verrrrrrrry bad thing, seeing how this is due in about 4 days. :wacko:

WISH ME LUCK!!!

niniendowarrior
niniendowarrior

December 11th, 2006, 12:53 am #20

Doesn't sound too good, floorcat. Better start finishing it!