No64DD
Elite

December 31st, 2016, 7:31 pm #211

danilochka wrote:It's also worth mentioning that there is also a third, minor variant of this bundle, one I have come across a few times so there are significant numbers of it out there. I presume it's an early (perhaps 1st print) of the slipcovers, where the both "The Legend of" and "Ocarina of Time" are missing from the Zelda preview on the back of the box. Basically it looks like a layering misprint that went unnoticed for a few batches:

@danilochka,
Nice!!
Look at the Zelda screenshot. It is an early version of the game, meaning this was well before 4th quarter 1998!
A Secret star
lie here~

danilochka
danilochka

December 31st, 2016, 7:35 pm #212

Look at the Super Mario 64 one! Haha :shades:

No64DD
Elite

December 31st, 2016, 7:36 pm #213

Dude!
A Secret star
lie here~

Milage007
Elite

December 31st, 2016, 8:20 pm #214

Love it danilochka. The amount of time and thought that goes into your posts is amazing. I am sure you have heard from me somewhere round the forums before, but I feel compelled to say it again, I was a lucky receiver of the Goldeneye 007 sleeve variant back in Christmas 1998 and I very much remember the Mario 64 sleeve variant being the alternative. I am very fond of this time period, as I was a 9 year old lad and the N64 made my Christmas and still to this day brings me joy and satisfaction. Good times.

To combat your thesis about stores being able to bundle up the consoles. So did they receive consoles without the seal of approval and it is stores responsibility to put these stickers on? I assumed Nintendo would have put these seals on as soon as the contents were all boxed up? In which case it must have been done in the production process and not in store? I have my original (picture below) and the official seal was on the box which we obviously had to slice. The Goldeneye cart and manual came in the box so would have been put in before the seals.

What do you think?

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

danilochka
danilochka

January 1st, 2017, 1:03 am #215

Ah yeah you're right, well done Mileage, I clearly didn't think of that!

I presume everything was assembled in the factory and sticker sealed there before it was shipped out, so the original slipcover release must have been shipped to stores like that.

However I'm not sure that's the case with the newer full box version. Has anyone seen one with the sticker seals? The version I purchased was brand new and still flat packed without any sticker seals.

Vinyl
Veteran
Vinyl
Veteran

July 25th, 2017, 9:54 pm #216

after more then half a year. (Finally) another new N64 found!
This is the best one yet!

because of douchbag-bucket I`ll link it instead:

https://www.consolevariations.com/2017/ ... from-asia/

So..
Nintendo 64, from Taiwan, with N64DD sticker, and with pikachu on it, and addition text.
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Tyree_Cooper
Established Member
Tyree_Cooper
Established Member

July 26th, 2017, 4:46 am #217

If memory serves me right, as I don't have it here with me, the box variant you link to is the "later" Taiwan version. The older one doesn't have the three bullet points and the rectangle with the yellow text. I believe these details were added in an effort to dissipate any doubts that the console was made especially for Taiwan and was fully compatible with local standards.

The Pikachu sticker was standard on this box. Further confirms it was a late version which advertised the ill-fated expansion.

Ugeoo
Ugeoo

December 5th, 2017, 10:21 am #218

No64DD wrote:Italia, that console set is all one would ever need in life! maybe <_>

Also, i got the "unknown" asain console translated... Danilochka was correct :yeah:

It is in chinese (Mandarin)

The grey characters say

新加坡: Singapore
馬来西亞: Malaysia
印度尼西亞: Indonesia

PAL SYSTEM

The circular nintendo seal is the giveaway.
i would like to see the AC adapter on those consoles!
Salut ! Vous vendez ou échangez cette console?

No64DD
Elite

December 5th, 2017, 1:31 pm #219

Hello.
I do not own this console.
So far, there are only a few examples of this console in the hands of collectors.
A Secret star
lie here~

darkado
darkado

December 18th, 2017, 7:39 am #220

Is the Singapore/Malaysia/Indonesia variation hard to come by at all? I've ran across a guy that has four of them, brand new. That wouldn't be strange at all if not for the fact that he's in Europe. The story is that he imported a full shipping container of them back in 1996.