flyers with Beta and never released content

Vinyl
Veteran
Vinyl
Veteran

4:57 PM - Apr 04, 2015 #1

Hello everyone
And welcome on this review of the N64 flyers and booklets I have.
I got these for around 10 usd from Germany and they are quite remarkable.

Some of them where giving out before the N64 got released in Europe so its full with unreleased games,
Beta screenshots, different box covers and more.
I don`t know any German, I just translated these manually so please excuse me for my mistakes.

So here we go to start with some competition papers.

Mario Kart sticker Here we a sticker of Mario Kart 64, the purpose of this is to stick it on a car, make a picture of it, send it to Nintendo and you can win a prize, This sticker is unused

F1 Grand Prix This is a F1 Grand Prix Competition Card, the F1 competition was held in Germany, this also comes with a sticker This sticker is also unused... in this lets call it the F1 competition card you`ll find some “comfimations” that you are actually an F1 driver, you need to fil in your name and address, and I think you need to give it to the organizer of the competition and you could join in, I have no idea where this was held but I wonder if they used the normal game or a competition card.

1080 snowboarding competition card Same thing goes with 1080 Snowboarding, If you have a look inside it looks exactly like the the one from F1 but this one on the back it says its from or belongs to “Kaufhaus” I think the competition was held there so it could be local. But I don`t know for sure.
On the back you just see a Nintendo logo with Trick n Speed Trophy

Starfox contest This flyer is a promo for Lylat Wars and also a promo of the announced Rumble Pak, when opening this flyer you`ll see a nice picture of Great Fox but when you check inside, you see everyone together, on a lets say a Spacebadge with some text and screenshots, these screenshots are from the Beta period, you can see it by looking at the “ Boost” meter and your shield or health meter. But what is more interesting is that this is not a flyer, this is a competition card, answer a question, and send to Nintendo. The question is “lylatwars with rumble pak is like.... Fill in” and send it to Nintendo, the prizes you could win are remarkable.

1st price 1 week trip to a Space Station at Huntsville, Alabama in USA.
2nd price go and join at a flight simulator of Lufthansa,
3rd price (which in my opinion is the most awesome one) is an original Lylat Wars Flight Jacket (nowhere to be seen)
4 people get it,
4rd price a Badge of mr Commander Fox McCloud himself

Book 1
So here is one promo item of the N64, But because it has lots of pages, i`m only going to the most interesting stuff.

Super Mario 64 here we have a screenshot and you Life/Star and coins are colored, this means its from the Beta period of Mario 64,

Mario Kart 64 which is quite interesting, as you can see here I see an Item which I have no idea what it could be, this could be a beta screenshot. Also There is a screenshot of a Feather item. This was also seen on the Console boxes but never got in the game.

Here we see some unreleased games, Kirby s Air Ride went to the Gamecube, Zelda 64 is ofcourse OOT, Yoshi’s Island is Yoshi’s Story, DK World is DK64, Golf... I dunno, Mario RPG 2 is changed to Paper Mario, F-Zero 64 is F-Zero X, Sonic Wings Assault which is the Japanese title for AeroFighters assault.

Book 2
on the front and back you see some screenshots of games, and ofcourse you can`t miss the huge start button, inside you see a normal N64 with stuff it can do

Diddy Kong Racing Great game! If you see here on the screenshot you notice something, you see that instead of collecting Banana’s you are collecting RARE logos, I don`t know why they removed it but I think I prefer having a rare logo then a banana.

Yoshi Story The box of yoshi story seems to be changed, I think because the yellow Yoshi is killing the ShyGuy here and could be to Violating to make this a big sale for kids, also the logo is different compare the the official release,

Super Mario 64 Here is a funny one, you see a unused skin of the enemy called a Pokey here he has a funny but creepy smile, the actual game he had black eyes a more closed smile, in the Mario 64 DS version he also had a flower on his head.

Forsaken nothing special except the box looks totally different compare the the real game, the real game has this planet as the logo and with a black background and flames.

Acclaim Sports Soccer game was never released! This game was going to be released by Acclaims to compete with Konami’s International Superstar Soccer but was cancelled during development. I can`t find the gamebox of this game anywhere so I think this is a pretty cool feature this would have been a 4 player game with rumble pak support.

Aerofighters Assault, nothing special has changed but the logo of the box is moved to the middle,

Fifa 98 also a change in the box, this guy is more or less turning around instead of running away like on the original cover.

here we have another list of games that are going to be released, Conker is going to be called Bad Furr Day, and Magic the Gathering never got released, or I think even made.. and we Super Man which is called The Animated Series.

Book 3:
Cover has a nice effect, there is also a VHS tape When opening up you`ll see an amazing picture of the N64 surrounded by eaten pizzas, Kit-Kat chips and other snacks, Its awesome but I don`t seems to get the message, maybe its in the text.. again pictures of the controller and what it does.

WipEout 64 Its pretty hard to see but on this box you see a logo of Psygnosis when in the official release it say Midway no idea what is going on.

Extreme G2 , horrible cover on the back, as if its cut out with Microsoft Paint and stick it on here while the rest has nice 3D pictures... Also the cover has changed dramatically. You`ll see a red bike on the official box.

GT64 Box nothing special, but on the official box the text went to the middle instead of the right side. Next to that,

V-Rally 98 The game was delayed til 1999 so the name was changed to V Rally 99 instead of 98, on the box that was released it will say 99 in red, the 1998 version was released for the PlayStation 1.

Zelda OOT literately everything is wrong with this picture Navi is red, The screenshots are from Beta, the game box is different, and you can use a sword on Epona. Here you can see Link has 2 swords, and a red sleeve, Link has on this picture 77 bombs on the B button and A button for the sword, Also.. Navi is red(??). This is in my opinion the most interesting page of the whole lot.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron the cover of the box is mirrored. No idea why or what maded them change it.

Turok 2 the box is completely different, I prefer this one then the original one. The original one just had the logo, Also the original title is Seeds of Evil, and not just Turok 2.

Superman 64, the box is different to the one that was released , Here is game is called Superman 64 instead of the “Animated series”

Space Circus: its box is also changed due the fact that on here there is a naked naked lady on box I don`t think Nintendo appreciated it so it must have been changed.

I have around 30+ more pictures! flyers are taken for both sides, and the booklets on full pages You can check them out in high quality here:
http://s48.photobucket.com/user/donnyf8 ... t=3&page=3
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

YogurtStorm
Veteran

5:22 PM - Apr 04, 2015 #2

Interesting pages, man!

In that Mario Kart 64 picture, I think that the red item icon is a placeholder before they'd implemented the correct item icons. I think this because all three players who are holding items in that screenshot have the same item (could be a coincidence, but I think it's placeholder more than a canned item type)

Vinyl
Veteran
Vinyl
Veteran

7:41 AM - Jun 15, 2015 #3

a small bump, I think this deserves more attention :P
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Bamboozled
Veteran

11:44 AM - Jun 15, 2015 #4

^It does!
It's good that you found them unused. Any info on how you would get them back in the day?

ODPKING04
Established Member
ODPKING04
Established Member

2:27 PM - Jun 15, 2015 #5

That is remarkable! I can't believe how these things are taken care of with so much care
New to collecting
CIB consoles 2/16
CIB NTSC 5/296
NTSC cartridge 3/296

DarkLink
DarkLink

10:21 PM - Jun 15, 2015 #6

This totally went past me.
It even says "Design can be changed"

Really nice and interesting review
Check out: consolevariations.com
The Database for all consolecolors and variations!

Bamboozled
Veteran

3:04 AM - Jun 16, 2015 #7

Do you know what is in the VHS in the Book 3 section?

No64DD
Elite

4:51 AM - Jun 17, 2015 #8

Nice stuff!

I'll take a copy of Acclaim Sports Soccer :yeah:
And that box art of Turok 2- which matches the Turok 2 themed N64 promo console!

the little icon in the MK64 screenshots is the "kamakaze" Bob omb that you normally see when all 3 balloons are popped.

What's his name? :huh:
A Secret star
lie here~

MrMontolio

7:18 PM - Jun 17, 2015 #9

Bamboozled wrote:Do you know what is in the VHS in the Book 3 section?
I think it must be recorded and uploaded.
あ

Bamboozled
Veteran

7:26 PM - Jun 17, 2015 #10

[200th post! Glad to have served you well, N64 Forever! I will keep them coming!]
Apparently it's a promo video called Nintendo 64 Feel Everything: http://tinyurl.com/pylqfbr