Fake Atomic Purple PAL Nintendo 64 Box

Niko1992
Niko1992

October 12th, 2016, 4:59 pm #1

Dear Nintendo 64 fans and collectors !

I have a problem, I bought one Nintendo 64 atomic purple boxed controller from ebay, and I can't decide, I'ts a fake printed box, or original Nintendo box. Can anyone help me ? I'ts fake or real box ?

I have some pictures from the box:

I think the carton is thin.

Milage007
Elite

October 12th, 2016, 8:00 pm #2

It does look quite thin but I have to say I haven't seen many counterfeit boxes if I am honest. Hopefully somebody with a bit more experience in this field could add some comments.

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

No64DD
Elite

October 12th, 2016, 8:13 pm #3

Can you take pics of the product codes on the flaps?

Where is the inner cardboard holder?
A Secret star
lie here~

Niko1992
Niko1992

October 12th, 2016, 8:25 pm #4

C/NUS-A-CSP-UKV

This is the full set with cardboard and warrianty

No64DD wrote:Can you take pics of the product codes on the flaps?

Where is the inner cardboard holder?
So it's fake ?

Milage007
Elite

October 12th, 2016, 9:24 pm #5

Looks genuine to me on closer inspection.

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

danilochka
danilochka

October 12th, 2016, 9:50 pm #6

Hey there Niko, this is a bit puzzling. There are a few things which immediately jump out to me.

1 - The cardboard is much thinner than usual for a UK controller box.
2 - The shape of the inner tab looks too 'angular', usually it's more rounded on the edge.

However, this doesn't automatically mean that the box is a fake. As Milage pointed out, I've never see a reproduction controller box before, so if it is fake then they've gone out of their way to add a 'New' sticker to the front and give the box some wear and tear. Again this seems strange, especially since they eBay account you bought this from has 100% positive :cussfit:.

If it is a genuine product then I can only guess that it's some cost-cutting measure from Nintendo by using cheaper materials for a later :cussfit: in the production run. Although I do keep my eye for different variants of controller boxes I've never come across something like this before so I'm not really sure what to make of it.

I can't quite make out the cardholder, but it seems normal. Certainly the controller itself (and the baggy) are authentic.

Cabanon
Elite

October 12th, 2016, 11:57 pm #7

looks cheap, but im fairly confident it's legit. that was probably done at the end of n64 lifespan.