Vekoma64
Vekoma64

January 3rd, 2013, 4:13 pm #11

I feel the same as you in regards to emulation. I like weird games and too right many do not work. But saying that without it I would never have tried Fire Electric Pen which will not display correctly through emulation. I loved it but struggled to play so much I had to own it. My fear is that buying one of these devices now would stop me buying the real thing. Buying a Everdrive would be too easy when on a low income and then to never to buy the real games. I fear & risk losing my passion for collecting. I thought about it long and hard and will only gt one once I have what I want in my collection. If they exist then :)
Nintendo gaming since 1989 WiiU NNID- Vekoma64

youtoo
youtoo

January 23rd, 2013, 10:34 pm #12

I just got one of these. I have a strong collection of PAL and JAP games, but I bought this because its convenience, and because allows me to test games that I wouldn't buy (they are decidedly bad) but I'm curious about them.
WTB
- US/UK Clear Smoke Funtastic console & controller
- CIB Nintendo 64 Gold Japanese console
- CIB Nintendo 64 Clear Smoke Japanese console
- CIB Japanese Green, Grey and Blue controller

...all in new or like-new condition :)

5star
5star

February 2nd, 2013, 11:15 pm #13

There's everdrive and 64drive. Any others? Any way to make your own? And I seen that some games go for around $150 like clay fighter. Can you put them expensive games on a sd card to?
Just getting back into gaming.

Have pretty sweet cars to. A eclipse on 19s and a 2.4 5cyl volvo putting out 350hp on 20psi that sounds like a dodge viper and back fires like a machine gun.
Have a few race quads. 1 was in a mag. And a modded street bike that is the world fastest for it's brand.

justinwebb
justinwebb

February 3rd, 2013, 12:37 am #14

getsober wrote:There's everdrive and 64drive. Any others? Any way to make your own? And I seen that some games go for around $150 like clay fighter. Can you put them expensive games on a sd card to?
No you wont be able to make your own without extensive computer engineering skills and knowledge. Plus putting roms on them that you don't physically own the game for is illegal and not something to talk about in the forum.

5star
5star

February 3rd, 2013, 8:30 am #15

justinwebb wrote:
getsober wrote:There's everdrive and 64drive. Any others? Any way to make your own? And I seen that some games go for around $150 like clay fighter. Can you put them expensive games on a sd card to?
No you wont be able to make your own without extensive computer engineering skills and knowledge. Plus putting roms on them that you don't physically own the game for is illegal and not something to talk about in the forum.
What I asked was not meant as illegal I"m confused....... :eh: I thought you load any game you want for free to the sd card and then play it. You saying stuff about illegal is totally confusing me please explain.

Have pretty sweet cars to. A eclipse on 19s and a 2.4 5cyl volvo putting out 350hp on 20psi that sounds like a dodge viper and back fires like a machine gun.
Have a few race quads. 1 was in a mag. And a modded street bike that is the world fastest for it's brand.

Mk II
Elite

February 3rd, 2013, 10:56 am #16

wrote:please explain
simple... game software is protected by copyright. Dumping and/or distributing a ROM image is by itself an illegal act in most Western countries like the USA (ref. DMCA). Some people may claim that you are allowed to make backup copies of any game you own but that right is rendered moot if the software is protected/encrypted because circumventing that copy protection is also illegal.
In any case, downloading ROM images is against the law and this forum does not condone it.

Reminder for everyone: don't request or post links to ROMs. It's not only illegal but also against our and Zetaboards rules. And we do take that very seriously

5star
5star

February 3rd, 2013, 2:16 pm #17

Mk II wrote:
wrote:please explain
simple... game software is protected by copyright. Dumping and/or distributing a ROM image is by itself an illegal act in most Western countries like the USA (ref. DMCA). Some people may claim that you are allowed to make backup copies of any game you own but that right is rendered moot if the software is protected/encrypted because circumventing that copy protection is also illegal.
In any case, downloading ROM images is against the law and this forum does not condone it.

Reminder for everyone: don't request or post links to ROMs. It's not only illegal but also against our and Zetaboards rules. And we do take that very seriously
What is ROM's? Not trying to sound stupid but idk computers as good as most of ya.

Cabanon
Elite

February 3rd, 2013, 2:20 pm #18

5star wrote:Can you put them expensive games on a sd card to?
yes you can. you dont need to free up space on SD Card because all the N64 :pottymouth: library fit on a card.

stinger9142
Guardian

February 3rd, 2013, 4:06 pm #19

5star wrote:What is ROM's? Not trying to sound stupid but idk computers as good as most of ya.
From a quick google dictionary search:
1. - ROM
1) acronym for read only memory
2) a big sized file that, when loaded into a console emulator, plays a video game that's usually licensed

:pottymouth: answer - ROM images, commonly called ROMS, are the image file that contain the game its' self. A ROM is what you would be putting on the everdrive to play that specific game, or loading in an emulator.

Mk II
Elite

February 3rd, 2013, 4:07 pm #20

wrote:What is ROM's? Not trying to sound stupid but idk computers as good as most of ya.
ROM stands for Read Only Memory.
Game cartridges used so-called masked ROM chips and the binary program code of the game is "burnt in" during manufacture of those chips.
It is possible to read that chip and dump the program code to a file and such a file is usually called a "ROM file" or just ROM.