jonebone
jonebone

January 29th, 2017, 1:17 am #451

Well no offense but that price is way off. You'd have to negotiate with a seller and I can't imagine anyone selling thiers that cheap.

No64DD
Elite

January 29th, 2017, 1:31 am #452

Yeah, that's a tough one. The 'ish' in $1,300-ish can go a long way!
A Secret star
lie here~

ddr2nite
Veteran

January 29th, 2017, 2:11 am #453

jonebone wrote:Well no offense but that price is way off. You'd have to negotiate with a seller and I can't imagine anyone selling thiers that cheap.
Having sold my extra E3 towards the second of last year (2016) I can confirm that $1300-ish is a bit off... as in too low.
Click here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

tobbelobbe

January 29th, 2017, 11:20 am #454

Well, im not in need of money so im not really gonna try and sell it. But i tend to focus on its future value instead of current,

if we look at history, any amount of time passed on something that was apreciated by the public will increase in value, if its only one generation, then it will last for a lifetime, with peak prices in the end of that generations lifetime (when everyone who played n64 is getting old and a good part of them rich. look at old cars etc)

Nintendo tho is even more secure because it has been around for so long, and got every generation since the 80s onboard. Its a secure market is what im trying to say, and an item like this in mint and with original proof in photos, documented media newspapers etc would be able be worth alot in 30 years.

When i got it, 2001 i actually got an offer for 1500$. I thought already then that this is more valuable than that.

DarkLink
DarkLink

January 29th, 2017, 2:52 pm #455

Sure the value is certanily above 2000$ but I just want to give all the collectors out there hope that it is still possible to obtain one in the wild. Yes it took 2 years of constant searching but one day it sat there for 200$ on eBay. I was about to pay ddr any price for his and then I was glad I didn't. Ever since then I changed from beeing a more or less "greedy" collector to becoming a patient one. When collecting has tought me one thing, then that it is a sport of patience and no matter how unobtaiable something seems, you will get your chance if your persistant long enough. How many items have I lost before thinking "this is it, I'll never see this again" and then I did. I agree this is a tricky one to obtain and I got a little lucky, but often the payoff is way higher if you don't buy things in a rush for ridicullous prices. I just felt like sharing this because I was SOOO frustrated knowing I will never own one and I know how that can feel. In the end, I had 3 chances and the realisation that the value of something is not always related to its price.

Also you never know what happens, maybe they'll find a whole stack of these one day. Look what happened to me with my bronze Foxdata Controler for example. Only 2 found, way rarer than the E3 Controller...value possibly in the same realms if it would be official. And now someone opens a box and sets of these fly into collectors hands, but only the ones that have big Dollars in their wallets. What I'm trying to say is, even if my bronze Foxdata will be close to worthless now, I will never loose the value of the feelings I had when obtaining it. So look into the future optimisticly when looking for the E3, no item will ever gain endlessly in value and one day you'll get your chance!
Check out: consolevariations.com
The Database for all consolecolors and variations!

tobbelobbe

January 31st, 2017, 8:17 pm #456

I cant agree more with DarkLink. Just because something is worth alot, that does not mean you cant find it cheap!
Now i doubt there is an huge locker of the controllers laying around tho.

Foxdata controllers ididnt even know they were that rare, they were sold in stores? How could that ever be rare, by a third party company? I saw them in stores in sweden when i was a kid, imported sure but still there to just buy!

E3 controller was not sold in stores ;P Nintendos HQ in scandinavia got a hold of one. That says something. They are responsible for all nintendo products for like 5 countries atleast (some outside scandinavia too) and aslong as you get an original you gonna be cool in the long run.

Really helps that its gold too, gold is connected to Zelda, lots of ppl love zelda! Like me, i would sell at once if it wasnt gold. It was the gold prize after all! XD

No64DD
Elite

February 1st, 2017, 6:52 pm #457

Wow! 4 e3 owners in the same place at the same time!

The ultimate multipayer.
A Secret star
lie here~

tobbelobbe

February 1st, 2017, 7:45 pm #458

No64DD wrote:Wow! 4 e3 owners in the same place at the same time!

The ultimate multipayer.
Playin what ;D? GOLDENeye? ;D

No64DD
Elite

February 1st, 2017, 8:08 pm #459

Maybe something with the D-pad...
We should take it easy on the thumbstick. ;)
A Secret star
lie here~

DarkLink
DarkLink

February 2nd, 2017, 7:48 am #460

Mario Kart 64 of course!

Check out: consolevariations.com
The Database for all consolecolors and variations!