lithium017
Veteran
Joined: October 1st, 2009, 5:40 pm

May 14th, 2013, 7:02 pm #311

Wow TheGT550 has found 8 of these now? I recall him finding the first 5 (maybe 6). He has one himself, I have one, willis82, alekx, ganstaterrybeer, KelamyAUS, SicCooper, and now SgtRaven. That makes 8 as SgtRaven has said. I wonder what the story is behind all of these - how on earth has he found 8 of them? Originally he found the first bunch directly from a Nintendo employee he told me
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14
Quote
Like
Share

Nadim9067
Established Member
Nadim9067
Established Member
Joined: January 24th, 2013, 8:16 pm

May 14th, 2013, 11:58 pm #312

lithium017 wrote:Wow TheGT550 has found 8 of these now? I recall him finding the first 5 (maybe 6). He has one himself, I have one, willis82, alekx, ganstaterrybeer, KelamyAUS, SicCooper, and now SgtRaven. That makes 8 as SgtRaven has said. I wonder what the story is behind all of these - how on earth has he found 8 of them? Originally he found the first bunch directly from a Nintendo employee he told me
The one i got was for a seller by the name of ''nintendo64_fan'' which apparently is also seller 'theGT550'
This is probably going to sound even stranger though i don't know if he will come through with it, but he said he can actually find more if i was interested :\
''Now this is what I call a Platform Game''
Quote
Like
Share

lithium017
Veteran
Joined: October 1st, 2009, 5:40 pm

May 16th, 2013, 2:43 am #313

I think we need to investigate this at this point. Especially if he is claiming that he can get more of them...
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14
Quote
Like
Share

DeeMoney
Guardian
Joined: November 11th, 2011, 12:47 am

May 16th, 2013, 2:53 am #314

lithium017 wrote:I think we need to investigate this at this point. Especially if he is claiming that he can get more of them...
Sounds a bit suss doesn't it. Not trying to discredit anyone, but how the heck do you find that many??
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19



Quote
Like
Share

i8ablueskittle
Senior Member
i8ablueskittle
Senior Member
Joined: April 23rd, 2012, 4:27 am

May 16th, 2013, 3:53 am #315

Honestly I was VERY skeptical when I bought mine, then once I purchased the other from guggles, they looked exactly the same. Measurements, materials, everything. I'm not sure how, but I believe he's the real deal.
What I would personally like to investigate is if these originally came with the cord bagged up and tied like mine is, to see if mine is truly unused and legitimate! :)
Forever searching for 1080 Snowboarding and 1080 Avalanche items.
Love N64 Prototypes and Unreleased games.
PM me or email me at i8ablueskittle@gmail.com
Quote
Like
Share

ddr2nite
Veteran
Joined: August 10th, 2010, 4:28 pm

May 16th, 2013, 4:54 am #316

i8ablueskittle wrote:What I would personally like to investigate is if these originally came with the cord bagged up and tied like mine is, to see if mine is truly unused and legitimate! :)
I have one that I believe is new and unused. It comes with the original ties and plastic bag that goes around the cord like many of the other "new" controllers that I've seen from various regions. I believe mine (and possibly yours skittle) is brand new and that's how they looked when they were handed/given out.
Click here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed


"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II
Quote
Like
Share

i8ablueskittle
Senior Member
i8ablueskittle
Senior Member
Joined: April 23rd, 2012, 4:27 am

May 16th, 2013, 5:29 am #317

ddr2nite wrote:
i8ablueskittle wrote:What I would personally like to investigate is if these originally came with the cord bagged up and tied like mine is, to see if mine is truly unused and legitimate! :)
I have one that I believe is new and unused. It comes with the original ties and plastic bag that goes around the cord like many of the other "new" controllers that I've seen from various regions. I believe mine (and possibly yours skittle) is brand new and that's how they looked when they were handed/given out.
Perfect, thanks DDR. I'd say thats evidence enough for me! Also, the bag is clear (NOT blue) and both twist ties are black. I'm assuming this is the same for you?
I was pretty sure that it was brand new as I could tell from the way the cord is perfectly folded, and twist ties perfectly twisted, I just wanted to make sure. Thanks again. :yeah:
Forever searching for 1080 Snowboarding and 1080 Avalanche items.
Love N64 Prototypes and Unreleased games.
PM me or email me at i8ablueskittle@gmail.com
Quote
Like
Share

ddr2nite
Veteran
Joined: August 10th, 2010, 4:28 pm

May 16th, 2013, 5:39 am #318

i8ablueskittle wrote:Also, the bag is clear (NOT blue) and both twist ties are black. I'm assuming this is the same for you?
I was pretty sure that it was brand new as I could tell from the way the cord is perfectly folded, and twist ties perfectly twisted, I just wanted to make sure. Thanks again. :yeah:
Just look at my photo from the previous post (link here: http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Fo ... &t=7296109) and you'll see exactly what you described is the same as mine. All "new" controllers come packaged this way. The color of the cord bag could be either clear (more common) or blue (less common). My Millennium 2000 has a blue cord bag along with some of the other Japanese boxed controllers as well.
Click here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed


"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II
Quote
Like
Share

Nadim9067
Established Member
Nadim9067
Established Member
Joined: January 24th, 2013, 8:16 pm

May 19th, 2013, 6:21 am #319

This came to my attention over the weekend although i don't have the pictures to prove it as of yet but there is in fact an All-Gold E3 controller, Instead of the usual ''Gold-top / Black-underneath'' ones that we all have.
Just curious if anyone else has heard/seen anything related to this?
''Now this is what I call a Platform Game''
Quote
Like
Share

i8ablueskittle
Senior Member
i8ablueskittle
Senior Member
Joined: April 23rd, 2012, 4:27 am

May 19th, 2013, 6:30 am #320

Nadim9067 wrote:This came to my attention over the weekend although i don't have the pictures to prove it as of yet but there is in fact an All-Gold E3 controller, Instead of the usual ''Gold-top / Black-underneath'' ones that we all have.
Just curious if anyone else has heard/seen anything related to this?
All i can think of is that it was either someone that replaced the black bottom, or its a fake. Either way its a bit strange and I'd watch out.
Forever searching for 1080 Snowboarding and 1080 Avalanche items.
Love N64 Prototypes and Unreleased games.
PM me or email me at i8ablueskittle@gmail.com
Quote
Like
Share