N64Collecting
Established Member
N64Collecting
Established Member

March 7th, 2013, 8:56 am #291

Did a guy actually get robbed at gunpoint? Or did he just tell you that?
You know what the internets like.

alxbly
Elite

March 19th, 2013, 11:08 pm #292

Just a wee topic bump to say that the photos of the signed E3 1997 controller are back up again:

http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Fo ... &t=7296109

ddr2nite
Veteran

March 19th, 2013, 11:19 pm #293

alxbly wrote:Just a wee topic bump to say that the photos of the signed E3 1997 controller are back up again
:omg: An alxbly sighting! Thank you for resurrecting those pictures :)
Click here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

lithium017
Veteran

March 22nd, 2013, 2:22 am #294

Wowzers I forgot how great those images of the signed controller looked. Makes that controller so special - love the history behind it
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

Retrovidya

March 22nd, 2013, 5:01 am #295

Probably one of the coolest. If only they made one like that but in daiei colors.

Nadim9067
Established Member
Nadim9067
Established Member

March 28th, 2013, 10:33 am #296

I haven't been collecting for nearly a month now in anticipation of the arrival of my E3 starfox controller that i THOUGHT i purchased from a seller, unfortunately it seems I'm having the worst of luck in getting this rarity.
I'm not sure if many saw, but i did post some time ago (in some topic i've since forgotten) that i did in fact, get an E3. The reality was that it had not even shown up yet - i had made the purchase and it was, what i thought, an honest sale to say the least.

To cut a long story :pottymouth:, I found a seller on eBay about a month ago. After a pretty long conversation and a TON of photo's to prove it was legit, i decided to buy it off him. Now...considering how long the shipping takes for US to Aus i thought there was just a delay in the arrival and figured it would come within a few extra days. To this day, it's never shown up. I had spoken to the seller after i made the payment and he kept insisting he had sent it. Despite saying he didn't have a tracking number even though i paid priority (It didn't even show up on my transaction?). Eventually i gave up, i made the purchase through paypal so i got my money back after a :pottymouth: wait (which was probably about all that has gone right for me so far) in which the seller wasn't too happy about and tried to get arguementive over but i :pottymouth: him down pretty quickly and he didn't even try to prove the point further that it was on it's way. This was when i realised it was never coming in the first place and got pretty cut by the fact.

This wasn't the first time had come by an E3 controller in my 3-month endeavour, I had seen the one that went on sale last December but at the time, I had no idea what the E3 was and thought $550 was an outrageous price for a controller and gave it a miss. I had seen the sale on eBay in early February by bbcorvette that went to the youtube collector RStheJuice who got it at $450, and then i found one in some random store in the U.S. who wouldn't ship it out to Australia...and wanted it for $2,000 (I've posted about this somewhere as well) and the latest one from this eBay seller which turned out to be a massive waste of time and effort..
I was ready to post this when i just saw another go on sale on eBay for $550 (I imagine everyone here saw this as well?) to be sold again without even getting a look at it.

I've spoken to countless amounts of people on eBay and nintendoage briefly with the same answer as always saying they either don't have one or haven't seen one in a while or their not willing to sell it, regardless of my offer.
I'm starting to think i just wasn't meant to get this controller at all, every chance has just managed to slip by rather quickly without a second glance so instead of spending this easter break working on my collection, i'm off to the coast until monday to enjoy what's left of the warm weather in Sydney - Here's to hoping it won't rain!!!

Thanks to anyone and everyone who's read my miserable and unsuccessful mis-adventures in hunting the E3, I hope your stories were shorter and more successful than mine was when you went after your own. Have a Happy Easter!
''Now this is what I call a Platform Game''

ddr2nite
Veteran

March 28th, 2013, 6:34 pm #297

The current identified E3 controller owner list (3/28/13):

1.) Finngamer - Janne K. (not signed); acquired through trade from Odinwolf (N64F) - second owner
2.) Andrew Reiner (signed by Miyamoto and Imamura); acquired through competition - original owner
3.) ddr2nite - Glen S. (not signed); acquired through purchase from Rengozu (N.A.) - second owner
4.) Coorsy101 - Corey D. (not signed) edit: seller SeanArgus (N64F) was robbed at gunpoint, controller lost forever
5.) owner unknown - (signed by Miyamoto, Arakawa, and Lincoln); most likely original owner
6.) Thegt550 - Arturo G. (not signed); acquired through purchase - second owner
7.) ddr2nite - Glen S. (not signed); acquired through auction purchase (Y!) - second owner
7.) Brodieman - Matthew E. (not signed); acquired through purchase from ddr2nite (N64F) - third owner
8.) lithium017 - Dan B. (not signed); acquired through trade/purchase from Thegt550 (N64F) - third owner
9.) willis82 - Brandon W. (not signed); acquired through purchase from Thegt550 (N64F) - third owner
10.) alekx - Alexander D.R.C. (not signed); acquired through purchase from Thegt550 (N64F) - third owner
11.) alekx - Alexander D.R.C. (not signed); acquired through purchase from Thegt550 (N64F) - third owner
11.) amr355 - Anthony R. (not signed); acquired through purchase from alekx (EBay ref: 251157684779) - fourth owner
12.) quagga - Alex Jose A. (not signed); acquired through auction purchase (EBay) from Thegt550 - third owner
12a.) ganstaterrybeer - Anthony R. (not signed); acquired through auction purchase (EBay) from quagga - fourth owner
12b.) Propaganda Palace - ??? (not signed); may have been acquired through action purchase (EBay) from quagga - fourth owner
13.) tobbelobbe - Tobbe P. (not signed); acquired through Nintendo Scandinavias HQ Bergsala - original owner
14.) Guggles - ??? (not signed); attended E3 '97 but was actually given the controller by a friend who acquired it at the show - original owner
14.) i8ablueskittle - Ty F. (not signed); acquired through forum/e-mail purchase from Guggles (N64F) - second owner
15.) i8ablueskittle - Ty F. (not signed); acquired through forum/e-mail purchase from Thegt550 (N64F) - third owner
15.) :pottymouth: - Amanda (not signed); acquired through forum/e-mail purchase from i8ablueskittle (N64F) - fourth owner
15.) KelamyAUS - Amy (not signed); acquired through forum/e-mail purchase from :pottymouth: (N64F) - fifth owner
16.) ddr2nite - Glen S. (not signed); acquired through purchase from saiya*jin (EBay ref: 251182846960) - second owner
17.) SicCooper - Cooper B. (not signed); acquired through purchase from Thegt550 (N64F) - third owner
18.) RsTheJuice401 - David G. (not signed); acquired through BIN purchase (EBay ref: 170985954933) from bbcorvette07 - second owner
19.) ??? (not signed); (EBay ref: 271179833679) seller nintendo64_fan

Updated the list to include #18 and #19 recently finished auctions on EBay. Number 18 has been confirmed to go to the user RsTheJuice401 who has also posted a video on YouTube about his purchase of the controller (video here: http://youtu.be/WPyfeOLG8c8). The owner of Number 19 is not yet known and the authenticity of this one being real (not a fake/knockoff) has yet to be confirmed.

Nadim9067 wrote:Thanks to anyone and everyone who's read my miserable and unsuccessful mis-adventures in hunting the E3, I hope your stories were shorter and more successful than mine was when you went after your own. Have a Happy Easter!
Nadim - firstly, thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Your story included a lot of useful information that I have used to help update the overall E3 collector's list. (slightly unrelated note - I never knew about this guy, RsTheJuice401 - I watched some of his videos and he's got a TON of N64 items that include about 5 DK64 controllers, 3 Millennium 2000 controllers, and at least 2 or 3 NP100 controllers - I'm surprised he isn't a member on our forum)

My story of when I was first going after this controller back in December of 2010 fortunately did have a happy ending - I managed to acquire the controller from a member of NintendoAge. The only thing I have to say is that you should continue to keep searching and not give up. There are a couple of reasons to keep searching, the first reason is because that's part of what makes it fun. However, I understand how it can be frustrating when it doesn't work out at the end of the day. But another reason to keep searching is that I predict the prices of these to continue to rise higher and higher - so the sooner you buy it, the cheaper it will be. But lastly, just think about how happy you will be when you finally manage to acquire it for your collection - it will feel like a mountain has been lifted off your shoulders and when you finally hold it in your hands, it will feel like a dream.

Keep on saving your money and keep on searching for that E3 controller! :mario:

" - MK II

TheJuice401
TheJuice401

March 31st, 2013, 5:54 pm #298

lol i am a member of the site :p im just not active in any forum :/ but yeah i have 5 dk64 3 np100 3 mill and 1 e3 so far :) seen a few hello macs recently for sale for 1000, and 2 for 2200.. but that seems abit much... anybody know fair prices on those?

wtb - really want an extreme green controller cib :/

Nadim9067
Established Member
Nadim9067
Established Member

March 31st, 2013, 10:08 pm #299

I'll keep looking, for the sake of it I have had an interesting little journey in trying to find one but it has been stressful time and time again when you get close only to get shutdown again and again.
I'd just like to add, i had a quick look through the topics and you can add this one to the list as this guy has still got the E3 controller in his store (and for sale!)
Propaganda Palace - a store in San Antonio, TX in the U.S. has a legit E3 controller. I had spoken to him recently and he still has it, but the price he is asking for it..for me anyway, was $2,000!!! I think he was just being a troll abut it because i live in Australia and he made such a big deal about postage but check the photos on the facebook page here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Propagand ... 1902754173

Not a bad store in my personal opinion. Including that one, you now have 20 known E3's :)
I'm glad my info has helped out. I should probably keep better track of all my conversations because i do come by some interesting and private collectors who (i don't think) are not on this forum.
''Now this is what I call a Platform Game''

ddr2nite
Veteran

April 1st, 2013, 12:12 am #300

Nadim9067 wrote:I'd just like to add, i had a quick look through the topics and you can add this one to the list as this guy has still got the E3 controller in his store (and for sale!)
Propaganda Palace - a store in San Antonio, TX in the U.S. has a legit E3 controller.
(real quick - I'm not an admin but Nadim you might want to try not quoting everything next time so that your post looks a bit cleaner ;) )

So doing some detective work...

1.) Looking at Propaganda Palance's Facebook photos, this was the link that showed the photo of the E3 controller: (click here for the Facebook photo)

2.) That photo looked very familiar and they posted a link to one of GameSniped's articles that was from July 2012: (click here for 7/2/12 GameSniped article)

3.) That article was for an E3 controller on EBay that sold for $1,100 by oakathexxiii who is our forum member quagga: (click here for the EBay auction from 7/2/12)

4.) Looking at the overall list, quagga only had 1 left, which was #12 that he supposedly sold to ganstaterrybeer who is the same banned member as Ausgamer355 (and other aliases) on our forums. There was a couple of posts back last year when Ausgamer355 claimed he never got controller #12 from quagga: (click here for Ausgamer355 post from 9/27/12, and click here for Ausgamer355 another post from 12/11/12)

5.) Conclusion: it's hard to say for sure that the controller which Propaganda Palace has is exactly the same one that quagga was selling, but it makes sense that perhaps quagga worked out a deal with Propaganda Palace. We can't tell for sure, because Propaganda Palace used the same picture that quagga used on his original EBay listing - which may just be an accidental cross-post. This will have to remain unresolved - because unless we see actual photos from Propaganda Palace of the controller, we can't confirm if it's the same one (you can see some discernible damages on this controller near the top and on the left handle of the controller). I'll make a note on the overall list that #12 may or may not be owned by Propaganda Palace at this moment in time.

" - MK II