kami of time
Established Member
kami of time
Established Member

October 11th, 2010, 7:36 pm #11

ddr2nite wrote:I want this controller! If anyone knows of ANY availability - or even someone (other than Finngamer) that currently possesses one, please post here so I can get in touch with them!

(money is of no concern)
Haha Glen...
There is really 1 in a million chance that someone will sell theirs, let alone find this thread. And if they did, they would want probably thousands of dollars for it. I don't think any of us has a chance of getting it really =/
When in doubt, START-A+B+Z+R.

My Youtube Channel!!

Ganondorf
Ganondorf

October 12th, 2010, 11:19 am #12

OdinWolf wrote:I have obtained the same controller, but it hasn't been signed. How much did you pay for yours? Here's a picture, by the way:

Here is a quote from the eBay auction:
"The really interesting thing about this item is that the controller I am including is a GOLD LIMITED EDITION model, that was only available for winning a Starfox 64 contest at the E3 show (which is how I got this one)."
This is an interesting tidbit of information not previously mentioned in your post. Maybe this will help with the year of E3? I have contacted the seller for further information.
The really lucky part was that this controller was never mentioned in the title of the sale, but only in the body. I was able to buy just the controller for a certain ammount and I gave the seller a grey controller (oddly enough). I think I may have gotten an absolute steal. I am looking up more info on this controller. I may decide to sell or trade it at some point, since I am more of a console collector.
is there any other evidence a part from the seller of where this came from. great find :yeah:
so how much is a certain amount? :huh:
Plato "wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something"

ddr2nite
Veteran

October 13th, 2010, 5:36 pm #13

Well, so far there seems to only be photo evidence of 2 of these controllers in existence.

#1 - Alxbly has photos of the signed one. Go here to view: http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/al ... ntrollers/

#2 - The one posted by OdinWolf, which I believe he traded to Finngamer. He has it on his website here and also did a YouTube video here (jump to the 10 minute mark).

Sad there isn't more out there in this world... Alxbly said there are other collectors who have it, but I'd like to see pictures to prove it.
Click here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

alxbly
Elite

October 13th, 2010, 10:43 pm #14

ddr2nite
Veteran

October 13th, 2010, 10:51 pm #15

wrote:One Nintendo-loving eBay user has dug through his/her Nintendo collection and decided to give up a few rare (and autographed) collectibles. Included in the auction are four gold and black N64 controllers (won during a Star Fox tournament) signed by legendary developer Shigeru Miyamoto and ex-Nintendo president Minoru Arakawa.
***jaw drops to the floor***

That person had FOUR?!?!?!

Well it seems like that was April of 2009... I wonder if such an opportunity will ever pop back up again. :-/

" - MK II

alxbly
Elite

October 13th, 2010, 10:55 pm #16

So that's at least five signed ones and one unsigned we know of. I get the feeling we're not going to be able to put a figure on how many exist though. -_-

ddr2nite
Veteran

October 13th, 2010, 11:23 pm #17

You're probably right, but I wouldn't really care if I managed to get my hands on one... X_D

" - MK II

lithium017
Veteran

October 18th, 2010, 5:25 pm #18

Hmm...looking at that post with the 4 gold/black controllers signed by Miyamoto, you can't really see that N64 logo on the controllers can you?
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

ddr2nite
Veteran

October 18th, 2010, 6:20 pm #19

lithium017 wrote:Hmm...looking at that post with the 4 gold/black controllers signed by Miyamoto, you can't really see that N64 logo on the controllers can you?
It's tough... I can't really make it out due to the small resolution of the picture. <_<

" - MK II

alxbly
Elite

October 18th, 2010, 10:22 pm #20

We can speculate that, coincidentally, there's other gold and black controllers signed by Shigeru Miyamoto, Minoru Arakawa and Howard Lincoln. The Star Fox 64 competition is likely around the time of the games release release (1997). Same unique color scheme (gold/black), same signatures, same approx date. To me it seems highly likely that the controllers are the same kind, but of course, it's impossible to prove now. However...

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-gamecub ... amoto.html

I think it's a fair assumption that they most likely are the same controller. :) But like I said in an earlier post, proving exact numbers is going to be difficult.