Dream house?

The Red Shadow
Guardian

November 30th, 2012, 12:08 am #1

Scooter made mention of the kind of house he would have if he won a lot of money over in the Dream Job thread and it made me wonder what everyone's dream home would be like if you had mega money. So, let's all be virtual architects and design one.

If I could build the house of my dreams, I have always had a few specific things that would absolutely have to be included. For one, a really awesome game room with every console I love hooked up to their own individual televisions and the games for each displayed proudly on shelving built into the walls. I would also have a separate mini movie theater for watching blu-ray movies and cable television in full theater surround sound. The entire house would have an audio system that was in every room of the place so I could jam to my favorite music anywhere in my home. I would have a master bedroom with a giant bed on an upper floor and a huge bathroom with a walk-in shower, sauna and hot tub. My daughter would have her very own room with all of the things that she loves most. I would have a library full of books, from all of my favorite authors to an array of old classics, just to make me seem more intelligent. :lol: And I would have a really modern, almost restaurant-like kitchen, complete with a chocolate milk dispenser, like the sort of thing you can find at an all-you-can-eat buffet. Oh, and I'd love to have both a basketball court and regulation sized baseball diamond on the property.

What would you build?

floorcat
Elite

November 30th, 2012, 12:15 am #2

Mine wouldn't really be much different from my house I have right now. ^_^

Except...

I would only want a giant ball-pit. :w00t: :w00t:
Just like those ones you'd make a bee-line into when you were a kid at a McDonald's playland.
(without the McDonalds playland germs, of course!)

Vekoma64
Vekoma64

November 30th, 2012, 12:43 am #3

I want a cusutom built house that creates its own energy in the middle of the woods. Ethernet in every room and games rooms full of classic arcade games. Oh and i nice big hidden room in basment for gardeing. It would have to have huge walls and a big KEEP OUT OR ELSE!! sign on the gate. (Thunder & lighting optional)
Nintendo gaming since 1989 WiiU NNID- Vekoma64

Mk II
Elite

November 30th, 2012, 1:04 am #4

thats pretty much what i would build if i had unlimited funds.
i've always wanted a house "buried" in a hillside for insulation and privacy.
Back to the caves!

TNT737373
Veteran

November 30th, 2012, 1:08 am #5

Vekoma64 wrote:I want a custom built house that creates its own energy in the middle of the woods.
Glad I'm not the only one, ha yeah I want a house that runs off geothermal energy which is also situated near a water source to pump in and filter water. Unlimited electricity and water, eliminates all utility bills. Getting corporations which you physically rely on off your back is a huge relief. The house would have dark wood accents on the outside like a modern cabin, and then light wood accents on the inside. I feel like it would be a very comfortable space. Last thing is a hot tub on the back porch. I want a total relax zone. For me that's independence and a modernized wooden house with a jacuzzi. haha idk jutst soothes me.

Cabanon
Elite

November 30th, 2012, 3:50 am #6

i'd build an underground nuclear facility under my house hidden from anyone and only me could access via some secret tunnel and passage. i love underground stuff. haha

Grizzmeister
Elite

November 30th, 2012, 4:03 am #7

If I had the money I'd probably buy this Silo Home as I think the stuff is about to hit the fan here in the United States. ;)
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

DeeMoney
Guardian

November 30th, 2012, 5:45 am #8

Vekoma64 wrote:Oh and i nice big hidden room in basment for gardeing.
This wouldn't be for anything illegal now would it.
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Cabanon
Elite

November 30th, 2012, 12:30 pm #9

Grizzmeister wrote:If I had the money I'd probably buy this Silo Home as I think the stuff is about to hit the fan here in the United States. ;)
that is exactly what i'd do !!! any idea of pricing this beast ? that must be in the millions... who cares lol ?

stinger9142
Guardian

November 30th, 2012, 12:31 pm #10

Alright, spin off topic! Let's just say that I have made dozens of houses I would love to live in playing "The Sims".

I would want a large home in the woods, cabin style! Must have features are a theatre room, and true gaming room with all my consoles hooked up, a nice MMA studio, several hidden rooms, and an indoor pool.

Most importantly, the basement would connect to a bomb shelter of sorts. There would be a large room for all of my weapons. The place would look like it belonged in an army base ;)