Cabanon
Elite

September 4th, 2015, 7:34 pm #21

open the flap. there's a number. if either one of those have a NOE-1 at the end, then yes there's a revision !

DarkLink
DarkLink

September 6th, 2015, 10:30 pm #22

Found a very exotic one today: LINK

From the front it is a normal German Solid Yellow. BUT the backside is EU4.
That's unique cause they normaly have 4 Languages on the side sleeve, this one has not.
Unfortunetely I didn't win it :(
Check out: consolevariations.com
The Database for all consolecolors and variations!

danilochka
danilochka

September 6th, 2015, 10:39 pm #23

Perhaps that was a blessing in disguise, the product code above the barcode on the back is NUS A CSP, which is for the Clear Purple controller. So I dig a little digging and sure enough the same seller had one of those for sale earlier. I guess he got his pictures mixed up for this auction.

DarkLink
DarkLink

October 30th, 2015, 10:16 am #24

I finally found a grey EU4 Version.

I am still missing the green one now, but I was looking forward to posting this after winning the final green controller auction: It was sitting right here

Unfortunately, I was outbid by some insane guy who wanted that console and bid rediculesly high. I asked the seller if he could ask him to sell the controller to me for 50 bucks, but he refused.

DarkLink
DarkLink

November 22nd, 2015, 10:47 pm #25

Update: Nailed it :D

A complete EU-4 Set:

Vinyl
Veteran
Vinyl
Veteran

November 22nd, 2015, 11:12 pm #26

Incredible Darlink! What else you need now? :O
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

DarkLink
DarkLink

February 12th, 2016, 11:05 pm #27

This is my first Spanish Variation, these are INCREDIBELY hard to spot and additionally seem to be super rare.
Only thanks to our superbrain Danilochka I even knew about them.

Why? Well it just says "Yellow Controller" in English but the text on the side is Spanish.
Not an easy :pottymouth: with eBay pics mostly beeing to small to really see the white text.

But as you can see from the ESP Code, they are exclusive to Spain. And the lash is PINK! :birdo:
Also the yellow one is newly spottet.

danilochka
danilochka

February 12th, 2016, 11:57 pm #28

Wow, great find there mate and yet another discovery to tick off the list!

There's a little trick I use to try and spot these by looking at the red side panel. The spanish boxes have an entire top line of writing "MANDO DE CONTROL DE", followed by simply "N64" on the second line. Even if the image is too small to read the words, no other controller boxes have this pattern.

DarkLink
DarkLink

February 14th, 2016, 2:42 pm #29

Wow, that's a great tip. Thanks man!

DarkLink
DarkLink

February 25th, 2016, 12:06 am #30

Mhh, where to start. This will be a lenghthy post about a topic that only 2% of you are interested in so your welcome :D

First of I have managed to obtain at least one of every solid controller variation (Excluding the Hong Kong one but bear with me)
So that's reason enough to update this a little.

1. I think I found out why we have only found 2 of the EU6 controllers so far danilochka. These were released closest to the end of the N64 lifespan and are therefore the rarest. I was always wondering why I could only ever find black and blue until obtained one yesterday.

This is the front of the controller:

And this is the side: TADAAA there are only 2 controllers on the side

Compare this to the side of the EU4 Controller, which had all 6 colors you can see what I'm getting at

It is very likely that there are only the 2 of them.

2. I have realised that all Countries have a different colored code embedding.

EU4 - MAROON

EU6 - ALSO MAROON

UK - GREEN

ITALY - BLUE

FHE - RED

SCANDINAVIA - YELLOW

FAH - ORANGE

AUSTRALIA - BROWN

GERMANY - PURPLE

FRG - LIGHTBLUE

USA - NO COLOR

These color shemes are consistant which is another interesting fact I at least was unawear of until now.

3. This brings me to the Clear Purple Controllers, that finally have to find honorable mentions here.
Reason beeing is that they are actually considered "solid controllers" if you take into account the coding and release dates.

Here are in order top left to bottom right: EU4, UK, SCN, AUS, USA normal, USA not for resale
All of these follow the same color and coding scheme as their solid counterparts.
(Sidenote: The Clear Blue/White released all over Europe is a EU6)

4. Lastly almost all of these controllers have revisions. Some of them up to 3 revisions. I'm not caring to much about the revisions at the moment, but essentially the general appearence and text etc. is the same, though they have slight graphic changes, like a additional controller Pak Image and stuff like that.

5. I'm still aiming to complete a full set of every solid controller, and since this whole project went completely overbord already I will leave you with a nutty Imgage of all of them so far, enjoy :D