Mhh, where to start. This will be a lenghthy post about a topic that only 2% of you are interested in so your welcome
First of I have managed to obtain at least one of every solid controller variation (Excluding the Hong Kong one but bear with me)
So that's reason enough to update this a little.
1. I think I found out why we have only found 2 of the EU6 controllers so far danilochka. These were released closest to the end of the N64 lifespan and are therefore the rarest. I was always wondering why I could only ever find black and blue until obtained one yesterday.
This is the front of the controller:
And this is the side: TADAAA there are only 2 controllers on the side
Compare this to the side of the EU4 Controller, which had all 6 colors you can see what I'm getting at
It is very likely that there are only the 2 of them.
2. I have realised that all Countries have a different colored code embedding.
EU4 - MAROON
EU6 - ALSO MAROON
UK - GREEN
ITALY - BLUE
FHE - RED
SCANDINAVIA - YELLOW
FAH - ORANGE
AUSTRALIA - BROWN
GERMANY - PURPLE
FRG - LIGHTBLUE
USA - NO COLOR
These color shemes are consistant which is another interesting fact I at least was unawear of until now.
3. This brings me to the Clear Purple Controllers, that finally have to find honorable mentions here.
Reason beeing is that they are actually considered "solid controllers" if you take into account the coding and release dates.
Here are in order top left to bottom right: EU4, UK, SCN, AUS, USA normal, USA not for resale
All of these follow the same color and coding scheme as their solid counterparts.
(Sidenote: The Clear Blue/White released all over Europe is a EU6)
4. Lastly almost all of these controllers have revisions. Some of them up to 3 revisions. I'm not caring to much about the revisions at the moment, but essentially the general appearence and text etc. is the same, though they have slight graphic changes, like a additional controller Pak Image and stuff like that.
5. I'm still aiming to complete a full set of every solid controller, and since this whole project went completely overbord already I will leave you with a nutty Imgage of all of them so far, enjoy