DarkLink
DarkLink

12:28 PM - Jul 22, 2015 #11

Thanks for the explinations guys! The code system is pretty interesting.

I have added
- the Japanese Version
- the Hong Kong Version
- The Australian Version

I have also added the pictures to the list.
Did we get them all now? :D
Check out: consolevariations.com
The Database for all consolecolors and variations!

DarkLink
DarkLink

9:14 AM - Aug 23, 2015 #12

Exiting News today: I found a new Archetype of Controller today. It's in French and Dutch and looks different to the other controller boxes, since all the Data is on the side as suppose to the back.

Also the lash inside says FAH - No idea what ot stands for (Frankreich - ??? - Holland) Maybe Austria?

Vinyl
Veteran
Vinyl
Veteran

10:08 AM - Aug 23, 2015 #13

Well spotted and congradz on the purchase!!

FAH, when I read on the front is say "Green controller" in French and Dutch, so I think
FAH = France And Holland
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Boomdiers
Veteran

10:40 AM - Aug 23, 2015 #14

Nice find Darklink Keep up the good work.ack

i have found black controller 3 language variety
Nintendo Network ID: Boomdiers
Switch ID: SW-4856-0523-8306

My Nintendo 64 collection most of them are PAL and some NTSC

DarkLink
DarkLink

12:07 PM - Aug 23, 2015 #15

Yeah, thanks for setting up that trade Vinyl. Aprreciate it :D
I think your probably right. It's just strange cause some people in the Holland speak French, but in France only a tiny minority speaks Dutch.
Anyway, another Set to complete :)

@Boomdiers, thanks for the image. I will add it soonish :)

Inattentive
Established Member
Inattentive
Established Member

3:04 PM - Aug 23, 2015 #16

DarkLink wrote:Yeah, thanks for setting up that trade Vinyl. Aprreciate it :D
I think your probably right. It's just strange cause some people in the Holland speak French, but in France only a tiny minority speaks Dutch.
Anyway, another Set to complete :)

@Boomdiers, thanks for the image. I will add it soonish :)
Maybe a small thought about the FAH releases.
Remember that Belgium has a French and Dutch speaking side.

Was probably meant to cut back in distribution costs and logistics.
These are also the only boxes you would have found in our stores.

But what saddens me (due the fact I'm Belgian), is that our German-community was left out of this.
Makes me wonder if there arn't any German/Dutch/French Released boxes? Controller or Console.
Retro games are made to last. Hard to play and a you need to use your mind.
Today, it just seems you need a big wallet to finish a game.

- Looking for blisters. Contact me!

danilochka
danilochka

10:13 PM - Aug 23, 2015 #17

Vinyl is correct, FAH does stand for France and Holland and is a very common code used for Nintendo games. As Inattentive suggests it is done to cut down on costs, so they can use the same packaging for sale in France and Benelux regions.

After seeing this post I looked on my computer and found I had some old files detailing the FAH controllers, not sure how I missed it first time. I can confirm that 5 of 6 exist, I'm just missing the grey controller. I've then spent the rest of the day looking for more and I've discovered two new versions.

First up is a Spanish only release, these boxes look the same as the UK releases but the text in the red side panel is in Spanish, very easy to miss. I've not seen the back of the box but I presume it's in Spanish with an ESP tab code. This would mean that there were initially separate FAH & ESP releases before becoming combined into FHE. So far I've only found the green one but I would assume the others exist too:

Next up is something completely different, a French & German controller coded FRG, used for sale in Austria & Switzerland. I managed to find 2 of these, grey and green which would imply the other 4 colours are also available.

I've also managed to find all 6 of the EUR coded boxes with four languages on the back. Despite just having 4 languages the distribution small print reveals it's actually a combination of all of the above, used for sale in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Netherlands, Belgium/Luxembourg and Spain. This helps with the timeline of releases, as Clear Purple is only available in this version within mainland Europe whereas the UK and Scandinavia got their own releases, and was unreleased in Italy.

As I said before the EU6 (code unconfirmed) boxes were the last ones to be released, they have six languages as they now incorporate English and Italian which continues with the cost cutting progression. Sadly I've not found anymore of these since my last post. In fact there are still a few PAL boxed controllers I've yet to confirm exist, here's what I'm missing plus what it should say on the front of the box:

Edit: I'll cross them off as I find them.

Australian [AUS]
-Grey (Grey Controller)

French & Dutch [FAH]
-Grey (Manette Grise / Grijze Controller)

German & French [FRG]
-Black (Schwarzer Controller / Manette Noire)
-Blue (Blauer Controller / Manette Bleue)
-Red (Roter Controller / Manette Rouge)
-Yellow (Gelber Controller / Manette Jaune)

Spanish [ESP]
-Black (Black Controller)
-Blue (Blue Controller)
-Grey (Grey Controller)
-Red (Red Controller)
-Yellow (Yellow Controller)

KelamyAUS
KelamyAUS

11:21 PM - Aug 23, 2015 #18

There are Australian released boxed grey controllers. I dont own one to post any photos, but I will keep a look for some photos to add to the list.

DarkLink
DarkLink

8:55 PM - Aug 24, 2015 #19

That's amazing news!! :omg:
Thanks everyone for conributing - Danilochka you win the trophee ones again - very nice finds.

I've added the region codes to the titles and edited in the new editions. I would have never guessed there are so many.
We are up to 15 different versions now, not even counting the clear purple and clear blue/white. I might add them soon though.

DarkLink
DarkLink

12:23 PM - Sep 04, 2015 #20

I just realized something...these are my 5 German Controllers I have so far in side view. Can you spot the difference? :D

This means there are 2 diefferent sets?