Strider
Established Member
Strider
Established Member

12:40 AM - Oct 08, 2017 #1361

Is it possible to remove the power 100 logo off of the power 100 controller to place on a controller in better condition? has anyone tried this and have any results or information on how it goes?

It does look very fragile so i was thinking heat it up with a hair dryer to soften the adhesive and use a thin fishing line to pull back and forth to slowly cut through the adhesive?

any info or anyone got any results please lemme know thanks!

ddr2nite
Veteran

3:19 AM - Nov 27, 2017 #1362

Strider wrote:Is it possible to remove the power 100 logo off of the power 100 controller to place on a controller in better condition? has anyone tried this and have any results or information on how it goes?

It does look very fragile so i was thinking heat it up with a hair dryer to soften the adhesive and use a thin fishing line to pull back and forth to slowly cut through the adhesive?

any info or anyone got any results please lemme know thanks!
I've personally never messed with the sticker, but I know other collectors who have attempted to "lift + reseat/readjust" the sticker and they have all failed due to a couple of things. Firstly, the sticker itself is relatively fragile and has a slight "lift" to it... the best way I can describe it is that it's sort of a thick 3D sticker. That means as soon as someone tries to lift up a corer of it, you risk BENDING and causing a big crease to the sticker which would pretty much ruin it.

Then there is the adhesive that was used to glue on the sticker - it seems to be some sort of industrial grade glue and not easily dissolved. Then again, I've never tried to attack it with Goo Gone or other chemicals or heat, so I can't say for certain.

My advice: if you're thinking about buying a NP100 controller for cheap due to the sticker being misaligned or crooked and you think it's going to bother you - it's not worth the risk and I'd save up more money and purchase a NP100 with a straight sticker in the condition that you want. But if you're willing to get your hands dirty and attempt the re-alignment of the sticker... let us know the results!
Click here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

Frostgaze

11:11 PM - Jan 12, 2018 #1363

Is $37 USD a good deal for a Daiei Hawks controller?
---Consoles: 8/16
--Controllers: 19/24
---Games: 65/388

No64DD
Elite

12:56 AM - Jan 13, 2018 #1364

Yes.
You should spend the remainder on a blacklight to illuminate the phosphorescence of the controller. ;)
A Secret star
lie here~

1985gamer

4:24 PM - Jan 22, 2018 #1365

I'm in the lookout for a brand new clear or ice OEM controller. I don't mind which colour, this is for modding and playing, let me know if any of you have one you wish to part with please.

Also looking for a SteelSticks64 unit and happy to pay above sale price. Thanks all

BlipHighlight

11:16 PM - Apr 12, 2018 #1366

It is shocking how much the steel stick controllers are going for

kartmaster
Veteran

2:14 PM - Apr 13, 2018 #1367

Yeah, Linus's work is amazing. I know his asking price on his site seems pretty reasonable for what you get. But with their scarcity, I'd imagine owners are asking for whatever they want.

telyon
telyon

3:36 PM - May 02, 2018 #1368

Cabanon
Elite

3:50 PM - May 02, 2018 #1369

probably not. sucess of failure is 100%. get a used OEM controller instead or look for ASCII pad. they are uber cheap and carry an OEM joystick. most of them are like brand new and are from Japan.

Cabanon
Elite

11:29 AM - May 04, 2018 #1370

stumbled on this while browsing for a blue one. look at the writting date, amazing it's still up !

http://ca.ign.com/articles/1997/11/21/h ... h-joycards
[+] Spoiler
http://www.ign.com/articles/1997/11/21/ ... h-joycards

20 NOV 1997

HUDSON GREEN WITH JOYCARDS

Share. Bomberman-creators get marketing-happy with specially designed N64 controllers

BY IGN STAFF The recent shipment of Hudson¿s newest Japanese soccer game, J-League 11 Beat 1997, is just part of the company¿s latest gaming pitch.

The super-deformed soccer game, which N64.com will have first impressions next week, is a fun, arcade-style, slow-paced soccer game with clean, smooth graphics. But it is to be accompanied by a new marketing trick that Hudson has pulled once before with Bomberman 64. By purchasing the game, gamers can send in a registration card which automatically enters them into a competition for a green, translucent Hudson-made Joycard 64. Hudson calls it the Joycard 64: Green Skeleton version. Only 1,000 entries will be chosen by lottery to win this special controller, which can open up special battle modes in Bomberman 64.

The Japanese magazine Dream 64 suggested that the controller may open up something in Hudson¿s new soccer game as well, but didn¿t confirm.

The Joycard 64 sports hyper shooting, a HU button, which when switched on, opens up the extra Bomberman battle arenas, and also has a moveable analog stick that redirects the up, left, right, down station points on the joypad.

In Japan, where the game is likely only to be sold, 11 Beat costs ¿ 6,980, the approximate equivalent of $58 bucks. The Joycard 64 controller costs about $21, and is sold separately. Hudson has made no effort thus far to market this controller in the US, and has said the North American version of Bomberman, published by Nintendo, won't include any of the accessible battle modes via the Joycard.