SoloJones64
Established Member
SoloJones64
Established Member

October 23rd, 2016, 10:15 pm #1351

Cabanon wrote:how was it listed btw ? was it "grey controller" or "comboy" ?
Yeah I have a saved search on ebay of comboy 64

Enneielle

November 6th, 2016, 5:22 am #1352

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself here and possibly gain some collecting insight. My tag is Enneielle,I play smash 64 competitively and recently decided to start collecting nintendo 64 products. I'm mostly into controllers but eventually I would also like to collect the 20-30 CIB games that I actually like for the n64. I'll post my small collection once my ebay pick ups arrive :)

I was wondering what people who live in Canada think about buying off ebay because of how low the Canadian dollar has become. Are you waiting to make purchases in the hopes that it will rise? I know for myself calculating the extra 10-15 dollars on boxed controllers just for conversion fees really pushes me to wait for a great deal before I buy.

Also what is considered to be a 'good price' on boxed 64 controllers these days? Mostly looking to complete an original 8 NA collection, while picking up any Japanese boxed controller that I think is a decent price (so far I've got one green for 30 CAD and a red for 40 CAD).

Cabanon
Elite

November 6th, 2016, 3:43 pm #1353

hey, im in Canada too and I do calculate the exchange rate, you have too. otherwise you'll pay way over the top for everything. Try sourcing locally, it might end up cheaper or sometimes people are just plain dumb and ask ebay price + 50%. that's when ebay comes to mind or this very forum.

Prices for boxed is all over the place because of what it might include or not. it's also different for each color.

have fun and don't loose your mind (read wallet) over useless stuff, start with what you really really what/matters to you instead of being all over the place.

SunShiine

January 25th, 2017, 10:26 pm #1354

Hey guys, I'm new here but I'll introduce a little about myself.

Name is Patrick, been a collector of sorts for a few years now. Officially looking to finish, or get close to getting the ~30 N64 contrller variants. Right now I'm looking to buy the DK64 and Yellow Australian Yellow Pokemon controllers if anyone is selling or know where I can pick one up for a good price.

Currently have the following controllers:

Solid-
Yellow
Red
blue
Green
Black
Grey

Funtastic-
Jungle
Watermelon
Fire
Ice
Grape
Smoke
Extreme Green
Atomic Purple

Exclusives:
Nintendo Power 100
Pokemon (Blue/yellow) with console

JP:
Black/Grey
Light Blue Pokemon
Orange Pokemon
Clear Red
Clear Blue
Daiei Hawks
Hello Mac

Looking to complete, or get close to, the 30 mark. E3, M2000, and Geoffrey are probably not gonna come for a while but I'll get them one day (maybe lol)

Kiyu
Kiyu

April 7th, 2017, 12:01 pm #1355

Hello everyone! I want to add one controller that has a proper working thumbstick to my collection to use... Which one would you guys recommend me to go for? Brand/colour/gc or N64 mechanism? I am considering to get an orange or red one...

I already have the Grey and black solid ones but the former owner gave a little top much love to Both thumbsticks lol!

kartmaster
Veteran

April 7th, 2017, 1:24 pm #1356

There's a few options out there. Replacement thumbsticks are pretty meh. I would rather use a worn out thumbstick personally. The ebay ones are just frustrating if you have to do any fine movement in a game.

I had better results with the Kitch Bent Gears replacement gears, but they take some work and don't make a stick "like new" but I would say they rewind the clock a bit.

And of course there's Steelsticks64 (drool), but I don't think Linus is taking new orders yet. http://steelsticks64.com

There's a TON of stick chat here: http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Fo ... ic/7360571

Cabanon
Elite

April 9th, 2017, 1:19 am #1357

shop for seller that are located in Japan. they are usually 10/10 and very cheap.

Strider
Established Member
Strider
Established Member

June 20th, 2017, 12:15 pm #1358

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Shigeru-Miyamoto ... Swj85YMqcD#

Signed controller by Shigeru Miyamoto.....

N64JUNKIE

July 14th, 2017, 2:50 am #1359

That's interesting. I'll look into it :)

sublime1996525
sublime1996525

July 14th, 2017, 3:07 am #1360

I agree the replacement sticks are pretty bad or at least the one I tried was but I wasn't expecting much for $8. I have a SteelStick from Linus and it is pretty amazing. I would try to look for maybe a new N64 controller but they are pricey.