Conkers Bad Fur Day Development Proto Cart

Eddydacat

October 14th, 2017, 9:24 pm #1

I thought this might interest some of you.

I was speaking to the owner of this cartridge last weekend, was sent some pictures and had a good discussion and it turns out that she acquired it through a very interesting and lucky circumstance.

Supposedly, she was in a local trade in shop when a chap was getting rid of all his old N64 games. They wouldn't accept this particular game due to it looking fake and homemade.

She then bought it from this chap (I would imagine for much less than even the shops trade in value for Conkers BFF), and obviously realised it was something special.

Talk about being at the right place at the right time!

It has now ended up on eBay and definitely acquired much attention.

Link below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/conkers-bad-f ... SwJe1Z32cq

Would be a great article to add to the collection due to the status of the game.

Enjoy, ^_^

Vaettur
Established Member
Vaettur
Established Member

October 14th, 2017, 10:00 pm #2

Wonder what's to be found on this.
Since it already has the Bad Fur Day logo on it, I wouldn't expect anything significant, but I would love something surprising.

Also, WOW... already the current bid is on 66.000 pounds...
With still more than 7 days on the counter... I wonder what the final bid will be!

Rocky
Rocky

October 14th, 2017, 11:33 pm #3

Whoever gets it's let's hope they dump it for preservation!

edit: hmm.. https://assemblergames.com/threads/lady ... day.66985/

Eddydacat

October 15th, 2017, 7:09 am #4

I also think this cartridge had some sort of BAFTA heritage judging by the sticker on the back. Possibly nominated for a category and this was the entry sample?

That's my guess

Milage007
Elite

October 15th, 2017, 7:33 am #5

Sorry to disappoint you Eddy but this girl has been outed as a scammer on all the UK gaming groups on Facebook. I don't think I believe their story at all.

In any case. Just exercise caution. The current bidding on eBay has been a few people taking the biscuit. It of course will not sell for £66,000.

X_D

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

October 15th, 2017, 12:02 pm #6

its not conkers bad fur day i checked the NUS Code ands it links to LOZ OOT Developer Prototype
info here
http://www.nesworld.com/prototype-detai ... 4&data=128

GAME NOTE
Attempted sold on ebay in May of 2014. The pricetag is quite hefty and the auction received a massive load of negativity especially at NintendoAge, judging the cart to be fake because the rom already seems to be available for everyone to use. Fact is though that 512M flash carts are insanely rare so I doubt this is fake, plus you'd need access to special equipment to write data to official Nintendo flash carts.

Final Title: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Developer: Nintendo
Publisher: Nintendo
Game Type: Adventure
Game Released: Yes
Proto Build: Near Final (99%)
Proto Build Note : Used for the GC Bonus disc
Flash Cart Type: NUS-16F32SB-B 512M+256K
CIC Chip: 7105
"On my Business card, I am a corporate president. in my mind, i am a game developer. but in my heart i am a gamer." Satoru Iwata (2002-2015)

Vaettur
Established Member
Vaettur
Established Member

October 15th, 2017, 2:33 pm #7

That NUS code has nothing to do with the contents, and is merely the product code of the flash cartridge. Anything could be on it.

Also, that article is referring to NUS-16F32SB-B while the auction is about a NUS-16F32SB-A cartridge, so I don't think it has anything to do with each other.

I can't say if this is a scam or not. I only know it's a lot of commotion over something that probably doesn't contain anything significant or new anyway, if it even exists in the first place.

I did read some on Assemblers and she doesn't seem to have a whole lot of knowledge about it, although selling it for quite a price.
Also, that story from the first post sounds like a real baloney, too good to be true story.

I'll be following this anyhow, always interesting to see what comes out of it.

By the way, Hard4Games had an interesting discussion on this problem recently, with N64 protos as example:
People Lying About Owning Prototypes & Rare Dev Hardware

No64DD
Elite

October 15th, 2017, 3:20 pm #8

Just look at Super Mario 64. It had several stages of documented beta elements leading up to the finished product.
Conker's Bad Fur Day is nothing like that. Know what i mean?
A Secret star
lie here~

Vaettur
Established Member
Vaettur
Established Member

October 15th, 2017, 3:32 pm #9

Well, there is of course Twelve Tales, but already having the Bad Fur Day logo stuck onto it, and utilizing the 7105 chip (which is more commonly used in later games), I would guess this is pretty much a near final (if not final) stage of the actual release, probably from late 2000/early 2001.

No64DD
Elite

October 15th, 2017, 3:46 pm #10

Right. It went from Twelve Tales to Conker's BFD with literally nothing in between.
This auction is preying on the idea that it could be. That alone should tell most people that it is just smoke and mirrors.
This is what happens when a game's development has been so sensationalized over the years.

Ask Vinyl. Rare still has this stuff in their vaults and it's never getting out.
A Secret star
lie here~