Comprehensive N64 Press Kit List

Rocky
Rocky

6:47 AM - Jul 06, 2015 #1

The big box guide was fun so I decided to tackle another quirky and awesome part of the N64's past: Press Kits! As with the last guide, feedback, suggestions, and ideas are not just welcome but encouraged! Let's make this another collaborative effort. :n64:

Nintendo 64 E3 1996 Press Kit
(Bundled with N64 folder, N64 Technical Intel, SNES folder, Gameboy Folder,
Virtual Boy Folder, Corporate Folder, and a N64 VHS Teaser Video. More in-depth info here.)
VHS Tape URL: ???
[+] Spoiler
Nintendo 64 E3 Survival Press Kit
(Includes Puzzle, Shopping Cart, Shopping List. More info needed on this one such as E3 year and cart contents.)
[+] Spoiler
Nintendo 64 Launch Press Kit
(Same content as E3 1996 Press Kit but a few subtle differences. Fixed spelling errors, includes Shigeru Miyamoto Interview,
reduced N64 price to $199.95, and expanded SM64 information.. More in-depth info here.)
[+] Spoiler
Nintendo 64 Holiday 1996 Press Kit
(Same content as E3 and Launch press kits but includes one additional press release about
N64 stock shortages. More in-depth info here.)
[+] Spoiler
Nintendo 64 Holiday 1996 Press Kit
(Same content as E3 and Launch press kits but includes one additional press release about
N64 stock shortages. More in-depth info here.)
[+] Spoiler
1997 Mario, Star Fox, and Banjo Press Kit
(Contents include Mario and Starfox themed folders, Banjo and Kazooie information, and an invitation to an NMI marketing meeting in Georgia on June 18th, 1997)
[+] Spoiler
Donkey Kong 64 Press Kit
(Contents include 4 DK T-Shirts, 4 DK Buttons , 1 Banana Key Chain, 2 Notepads, 4 Banana Pens, 1 DK64 Counter Mat, 1 Stress Banana, 1 VHS Preview Tape, and 1 Roll of Stickers )
[+] Spoiler
Ken Griffey Jr's Slugfest Press Kit
(Content includes Mitten Keychain, Ken Griffey Towel, Wheaties Cereal, N64 Sports T-Shirt, Inflatable N64 Bat.
[+] Spoiler
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask E3 2000 Press Kit
(Content includes Majora's Mask Promo Disc. The disc includes box-art images( contain one ''.DAT'', one ''.JPG'' and one ''.tif'' documents), character images(contain one ''.DAT'', six ''.JPG'' and five ''.tif'' documents), logo images(contain one ''. DAT'', one ''.JPG'' and one ''.tif'' documents), screen images (contain one ''.DAT'', five ''.JPG'' and five ''.tif'' documents))
[+] Spoiler
Perfect Dark Press Kit
(Content includes Mission Brief, VHS Tape. More info needed on this Press Kit's content.)
[+] Spoiler
Conker's Bad Fur Day Press Kit
(Content includes VHS Tape, Candy Pills, Conker T-Shirt
[+] Spoiler
1080 Snowboarding Press Kit
(Content includes First Aid Guide, Adhesives, Antiseptic towlettes)
[+] Spoiler
'Press Kit might be associated with promo 1080 Snowboard'

Total # of Press Kits: 12 (So Far)

Guide Contributors: n64collection.co.uk, jonebone, Vinyl, No64DD, rdools

Last Updated: 6/14/2017

Check out these other helpful guides!

Comprehensive N64 Big Box Guide
Comprehensive N64 Buttons/Pin Guide

Vinyl
Veteran
Vinyl
Veteran

6:55 AM - Jul 06, 2015 #2

AWESOME topic!

Let me fill you in with #11:

Killer Instinct
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 435325.jpg

That Nintendo 64 E3 Survival Press Kit .. omg That is insane
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Rocky
Rocky

7:05 AM - Jul 06, 2015 #3

Vinyl wrote:AWESOME topic!

Let me fill you in with #11:

Killer Instinct
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 435325.jpg

[+] Spoiler
That Nintendo 64 E3 Survival Press Kit .. omg That is insane
[+] Spoiler
Woah! Killer Instinct might just be the earliest press kit so far! And yeah, jonebone better fill us in on the juicy details for the Survival Kit. ;)

No64DD
Elite

8:36 AM - Jul 06, 2015 #4

Hello Rocky,
Here is the Majora's Mask press kit from e3 2000!

ebay
A Secret star
lie here~

Pimpin Mainer
Veteran

12:19 PM - Jul 06, 2015 #5

Wow, I want CBFD so bad, but I bet the whole set is a couple thousand at this point
Nintendo Collection

NES - 93 SNES - 45 N64 - 153 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 17

Nintendo Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

jonebone
jonebone

1:24 PM - Jul 06, 2015 #6

The Killer Instinct on is an SNES kit, not N64. It may have some speculative comments about a future "Ultra 64" version, but the content is clearly based on the SNES game (and the artwork).

The Goldeneye thing isn't really a press kit at all, it was just a Nintendo Power thing. I believe it was a subscriber exclusive that year, but I'm not 100% positive. I've had mine since I was a kid and I'm pretty sure that's how I got it.

I also think I have a Mario themed N64 press kit, circa 1996, but I'd have to dig around my boxes of guides / books and see if I can find it.
Oh, and Zelda OOT is more of a merchandise / swag binder, I wouldn't consider that a press kit either. This list can become gigantic if you start talking other merchandise as well.

No64DD
Elite

2:19 PM - Jul 06, 2015 #7

I have to agree with jonebone on his points...

And i was also an NP subscriber at that time, but never got the GondenEye BONUS!

Either i'm mistaken, or they were sent out randomly. It would also have been sent out aside from the normal subscription cycle.

in a way, it's a sort of "in-home" press kit. ;)
A Secret star
lie here~

jonebone
jonebone

3:09 PM - Jul 06, 2015 #8

Also, this is the Press Kit I bought a few months back. It's easier to just link pictures that were sent to me instead of pulling it out of storage for new pics.

Looks like it is dated 1997, has some Mario / Starfox themed folders, some Banjo stuff, and an invitation to an NMI marketing meeting in Georgia on June 18th, 1997.

Few more images in the link below, I attached a few for convenience.

http://imgur.com/a/639X0

Rocky
Rocky

5:59 PM - Jul 06, 2015 #9

Thanks for all the help and feedback guys. Updated the main post. 8)

Cabanon
Elite

7:08 PM - Jul 06, 2015 #10

No64DD wrote:I have to agree with jonebone on his points...

And i was also an NP subscriber at that time, but never got the GondenEye BONUS!

Either i'm mistaken, or they were sent out randomly. It would also have been sent out aside from the normal subscription cycle.

in a way, it's a sort of "in-home" press kit. ;)
If I recall correctly, this was a bonus for new members subscribing to Nintendo Power.