Collecting Question

Grizzmeister
Elite

4:45 PM - May 31, 2011 #1

I know we have a lot of hardcore N64 collectors on this forum so I wanted to ask; what do you believe will be the most valuable game both loose and complete in the years to come? Also, do you think N64 prices on software and peripherals will continue to rise incrementally or sharply and why?
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Mk II
Elite

5:16 PM - May 31, 2011 #2

prices wil continue to rise while the N64 generation gets into the money. And once they start to die off, prices will drop again.

Alice Lawless
Veteran

5:27 PM - May 31, 2011 #3

I could see games like Conker's Bad Fur Day joining the ranks of the rare games. It's already hard to come by, but I believe it'll one day become among the ranks of games like Ogre Battle 64, Worms Armageddon, and Clay Fighters: Sculptor's Cut. It'll definitely be no ISS2000, but it'll rise in price. Games like Legend of Zelda will drop for sure. If everyone's trying to get it now, every die hard collector would, and should, already have it. No need for a rise in price then.
Facebook:
STIK ROSS

297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

N64 is the best
N64 is the best

9:02 PM - May 31, 2011 #4

The most expensive games will probably be Conker's bad fur day, paper mario, and ogre battle.

clarky_n64
Veteran

10:20 PM - May 31, 2011 #5

The most expensive game in the pal library will be Starcraft 64. Due to an Aus release only, a cart let alone a CIB copy is extremely hard to come by.

Mk II
Elite

11:11 PM - May 31, 2011 #6

well, there are truly rare games (Starcraft PAL for instance) that are in the "whatever a fool is willing to pay" category.
Others are quite valuable because demand is always high but they are not really rare (Banjo-Tooie, Paper Mario).
The latter category will probably loose some value over time due to improved emulation and Virtual Console-like reissues.

But what do i know? Yesterday i learned that folks are willing to pay 100$ or more for a complete Super Mario Bros. 3 game.
But here in Holland i would be lucky to sell it for 20 bucks. So what is it really worth?

Meptrep
Meptrep

1:00 AM - Jun 01, 2011 #7

wrote:Others are quite valuable because demand is always high but they are not really rare (Banjo-Tooie, Paper Mario).
The latter category will probably loose some value over time due to improved emulation and Virtual Console-like reissues.

But what do i know? Yesterday i learned that folks are willing to pay 100$ or more for a complete Super Mario Bros. 3 game.
But here in Holland i would be lucky to sell it for 20 bucks. So what is it really worth?
Same with Final Fantasy VII. For some reason, even though it sold A LOT of copies, it's worth $70-$100 for a Black Label version and $50-$70 for a Green Label/Greatest Hits version. I found my copy of FFVII at a Goodwill for $8.

Shangyou
Shangyou

3:56 AM - Jun 01, 2011 #8

I believe Mario no Photopi will be one of the most valuable games down the road.

Reason: Even if the game sucks, collectors will still want to buy it because it's Mario!

clarky_n64
Veteran

10:54 AM - Jun 01, 2011 #9

Shangyou wrote:I believe Mario no Photopi will be one of the most valuable games down the road.

Reason: Even if the game sucks, collectors will still want to buy it because it's Mario!
Thats just like the Zelda games on the CDi. Utter crap games but people want them for there Zelda shrines :lol:

Meptrep
Meptrep

10:56 AM - Jun 01, 2011 #10

Wait is Mario no Photopi rare? I saw it on eBay a while ago for $70, but I thought that price was crazy for a game I've never heard of. It's the game where the cart has some sort of Flash media card slots or something like that?