Collecting from Japan

Palmtree

March 30th, 2014, 12:13 pm #1

hey guys im pretty new to N64 Forever but hopefully youll get used to me being around.
Ive just bought myself a CIB Daiei Hawks console - so excited for it to arrive.
BUT thats not what i made this topic for. i was reading DarkLinks topic about his trip around asia and finding some stuff pretty cheap, and i realised im going to japan in less than a week. Being possibly the main home of the N64, does anybody know anywhere to get some cool GENUINE stuff there? markets, stores, second hand stall, etc? Thanks to anyone who can help me out, and hopefully ill have some cool things to show when i get back.

No64DD
Elite

March 30th, 2014, 12:35 pm #2

Hello Palmtree.
Can i ask how and why your trip came to be? Where in Japan are you going? :w00t:

If you go to Tokyo, the Akihibara district is the epicenter! The shockwaves flow from there:D

Sayonara Palmtree- jan
A Secret star
lie here~

Palmtree

March 30th, 2014, 12:52 pm #3

well i had the trip booked with my family a while back but the thought hadnt even occurred to me to look for gaming stuff while im there other than the pokemon store :P
and im going to tokyo and hiroshima mainly, and Hong Kong on the way home!!
ill look up the akihibara district!!

No64DD
Elite

March 30th, 2014, 1:47 pm #4

THAT'S AWESOME!!

look around

You can compile quite a LIST from this forum before you go.

I'll be anxious to hear from your travels.

And your searches in Honk Kong could be just as promising!

Good luck :gift:
A Secret star
lie here~

DarkLink
DarkLink

March 31st, 2014, 5:08 pm #5

Hello Palmtree,

Here are the Hotspots you want to check out:

Tokyo --> Akihabara Electric City:

Super Potato 3rd and 4th floor
Mandarake 6th Floor
Trader 1+2+3+4
If you go down the Main Street (Chuo Street, in direction away from the station) there is a ground level store on the right.
At the end of the Street there is a Crossing. Cross the street, then turn left. On the right hand side 2nd and 3rd floor is a hidden store. Look for the Mario sign on the Bell. Don't speak english in there, Gaijin's not very welcome.
Also there are many other stores in that street, most of them in higher levels.

Rest of Tokyo has a good share of stores in Shinjuku, Ikebukoro, Ueno and Shibuya. Look out for Stores called BOOK OFF, the chain has stores everywhere. If you read a little Japanese you can find them online, if you can't it's very painful but possible.

And don't waste your time and go to Akiba Games. It's a Mailbox Company...their homepage states an adress but it doesn't exist.

Hiroshima the Bookoff Store is one Station before the A-Bomb Dome, good selection. If the 2 Gameboy lights gold and silver for 500Yen each are still there. Don't make the mistake I did and buy them :D Rest of Hiroshima will take time, cause most of the stuff is in the outskirts, you don't want to be going there with family anyway. It tends to be a little rough.

Hope I could help
Check out: consolevariations.com
The Database for all consolecolors and variations!

No64DD
Elite

March 31st, 2014, 8:22 pm #6

i guess we know where Palmtree went! ;_;

He hasn't been on here in a few days.
A Secret star
lie here~

Palmtree

March 31st, 2014, 8:51 pm #7

Thanks heaps guys I have a lot to look at. Lucky I go to Hiroshima too :P

And I leave at the end of the week, so not just yet. Been really busy though lately

No64DD
Elite

April 1st, 2014, 12:41 am #8

Who knows what you'll find at HIROSHIMA...

Can we get him a spare GEIGER COUNTER??? :rofl:
A Secret star
lie here~