Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness

stinger9142
Guardian

May 1st, 2014, 10:28 pm #1

Legacy of Darkness is your winner. I personally haven't ever gotten to play it. I played a bit of Symphony of the Night, but that is the end of my exposure to the series.

EnvyFox
EnvyFox

May 2nd, 2014, 1:53 am #2

Another game I haven't played but, if what people said about it basically being an enhanced version of Castlevania for the N64 (a game I actually own) is true, then it's okay in my book. :yeah:

action
action

May 5th, 2014, 8:39 am #3

a triple AAA game from konami. konami ruled the snes with games like turtles in time, castlevania IV, vampire's kiss, sunset riders, probotector, parodius, batman returns,... but this game, was the only konami blockbuster on the N64. this game marks one of the last big exclusive games that konami brought to a nintendo home console. we had twin snakes but that was something too little too late and was not original. future big franchises from konami would only be released on other home consoles (MGS series, castlevania lament of innocence, castlevania curse of darkness, castlevania lords of shadow).

so this is a game to be treasured, for that reason alone.

this last great nintendo game from konami, did not dissapoint.

4 playable characters. big environments, many levels. lots of items and weapons. a creepy atmosphere. many platform elements. it's for me the best 3D castlevania. it still has platform elements, and has separate levels with a beginning and an ending, kind of like the old 2D castlevanias. not like the metroidvanias where you get lost easily. it's fairly straightforward.

high res mode is a delight to watch. framerate drops somewhat, but that a common complaint with N64 games. even goldeneye had framedrops here and there. its no big deal.

one of the crown jewels of any N64 collection.

if people claim that the N64 is only good for nintendo games, this game is always one i show them along with duke nukem zero hour, indiana jones, resident evil 2, turok, world driver championship, shadow man, rogue squadron, 007 TWINE and top gear rally

NintendoLuke99
NintendoLuke99

May 18th, 2014, 2:53 pm #4

Ive been definetley watching these games on youtube and they are really awesome in my opinion. Very underrated in my opinion as alot of people think these games suck. Definetley deserves a game of the month
Get :n64: Or Get Out! :n64: slogan
:n64: Forever!

My :n64: Collection
1 Black :n64: console
34 :n64: Games
3 Offical :n64: controllers

Saunders095

June 6th, 2014, 2:24 am #5

just picked this up on amazon..cant wait to play it again it been years