Calling all members!

stinger9142
Guardian

July 16th, 2012, 11:11 pm #1

Hello everyone. It is time we spruce this place up a bit. I am asking everyone to weigh in on changes they would like to see here. Changes in regard to anything from how it looks to the forum sections. Please know that obviously not everything suggested here is going to happen. I am looking for what the majority wants, perhaps more what the "core" majority wants. I will weigh those wants against what I feel is best for the forum, and then make what changes I feel are appropriate. So let's here it!

DeeMoney
Guardian

July 16th, 2012, 11:19 pm #2

I like the idea of having information about our beloved :n64: stored in an area that is easily accessible for users to view.

Also I personally would like to see that trading section be broken up a bit more. Possibly adding a few sections within the trading section, for example - Want to Buy - Want to Sell - Auction.

Enabling the search engine to be a bit better, and possibly doing a house clean every so often, deleting old topics that went no where to keep the place clean.

Thats my thoughts for the moment, If I think of anything else, I'll let u know. :D
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Norcal
Norcal

July 16th, 2012, 11:23 pm #3

Here's a few suggestions I have :) , i'll edit this and elaborate a bit more later:
  • New Forum Skin(s)
  • New Images (Logo, Forum Markers, Signatures, Avatars, favicon, etc) - I can assist with these as well as a forum skin
  • Perhaps a N64 Modding Forum. A subforum to Nintendo 64 Topics, not necessarily its own section.
  • Maybe adding lists to the drop down menu at the top. Like NTSC, PAL, etc lists of Nintendo 64 games.
  • A dedicated Gallery section where people can post their collections and update their progress on them.
  • An actual "Announcements" or "Important Information" section, not sure why but the Welcome and Guidelines section is used as a replacement for this; I think it would be more welcoming to have a dedicated Introduction section seperate from Site announcements. In addition to the Introduction section maybe each moderator/admin can post their own pinned topic about themselves in it.
  • Ventrilo Server (Voice Chat) - I don't expect this to happen, but thought i'd throw it out there anyways just in case. I've been an administrator to a community for around 5 years and we got a Ventrilo server for our members to chill on when they're at home. It's a great way to get to know members and form friendships. It also brings the community beyond just posting on a forum. Doesn't have to revolve around a specific topic like N64, but just a place for people to chat.
  • Dedicated Off-Topic sections - Music/Movies, Comedy, GFX & Media

Cabanon
Elite

July 17th, 2012, 3:29 am #4

better post/thread started search by member. ie. get rid of the month/year search and gather it all in 1 spot and move page by page.

Norcal
Norcal

July 17th, 2012, 3:31 am #5

Cabanon wrote:better post/thread started search by member. ie. get rid of the month/year search and gather it all in 1 spot and move page by page.
I'm 99% sure that's not possible. That's just the way Zetaboards manages its search system.

Flare Dancer
Flare Dancer

July 17th, 2012, 6:35 am #6

More & more focused sections, especially in regards to Trading subforums.

A cleaner skin.

That's about all I can suggest that doesn't involve changing the forum software...

danilochka
danilochka

July 17th, 2012, 12:31 pm #7

Re-allow posts to be edited once the 7 day limit has past. This would really help out if people want to update their 'For Sale' topics rather than having to keep posting a new reply regarding changes.

Also is there anyway to get rid of that bloody cat in the text box when you write a post? :lol:

Vekoma64
Vekoma64

July 17th, 2012, 12:41 pm #8

I used to hate that cat, but after some time it warped my mind and now I don't mind i, strange ad though. I would like the search and PM systems to work properly. I would love all the guides and help that people give to be stored in one easy section. I know we do have a section but there is alot burried.
Nintendo gaming since 1989 WiiU NNID- Vekoma64

clarky_n64
Veteran

July 17th, 2012, 1:22 pm #9

PM issues are actual problems with the Zetaboards servers which they are already aware of:

http://s9.zetaboards.com/Moulder_Pitfig ... 7336713/1/

Personally I would like to see a new skin applied to the forum along with a new banner. It would also be nice to see some new sections to section off some of the useful information the forum has within. I also like the idea of splitting up the Trading section, maybe into sections For Sale, Wanted, Trades, Ebay.

That's it for now but I'm sure I'll think of more soon.

bluedogrulez
Guardian

July 17th, 2012, 3:33 pm #10

There are a number of valuable threads in the N64 Topics section that could and should be relocated to the locked and vastly under-utilized N64 guides section, in order to be more visible/accessible and to maybe avoid repeated questions.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez