Link: Copy link
It is such a simple thing but I'm in total agreement with this. Everybody has put out some great suggestions so I didn't think I needed to add anything more than another vote for a color and/or skin change and a nice new banner like the ones we're seeing in the Banner Change topic.clarky_n64 wrote:Personally I would like to see a new skin applied to the forum along with a new banner.
I agree with Norcal's ideas. Plus, the PM system (if possible) correction idea.Norcal wrote:Here's a few suggestions I have , i'll edit this and elaborate a bit more later:
- New Forum Skin(s)
- New Images (Logo, Forum Markers, Signatures, Avatars, favicon, etc) - I can assist with these as well as a forum skin
- Perhaps a N64 Modding Forum. A subforum to Nintendo 64 Topics, not necessarily its own section.
- Maybe adding lists to the drop down menu at the top. Like NTSC, PAL, etc lists of Nintendo 64 games.
- A dedicated Gallery section where people can post their collections and update their progress on them.
- An actual "Announcements" or "Important Information" section, not sure why but the Welcome and Guidelines section is used as a replacement for this; I think it would be more welcoming to have a dedicated Introduction section seperate from Site announcements. In addition to the Introduction section maybe each moderator/admin can post their own pinned topic about themselves in it.
- Dedicated Off-Topic sections - Music/Movies, Comedy, GFX & Media
This.danilochka wrote:Re-allow posts to be edited once the 7 day limit has past. This would really help out if people want to update their 'For Sale' topics rather than having to keep posting a new reply regarding changes.
I don't like the sound of that. Archiving should be ok, but I don't like the idea of mods/admins being made to decide which topics are relevant and useful enough to hang on to. I wouldn't want to suddenly find that a topic I liked has been deleted because it wasn't "useful enough". For :pottymouth: topics that don't go anywhere, maybe a further "Rubbish Bin" archive section could be added, literally for the purpose of keeping the forum tidy.DeeMoney wrote:and possibly doing a house clean every so often, deleting old topics that went no where to keep the place clean.
That's a concern I have as well, though I suppose it could work. Running a trial to see how it goes seems like the best things to do. So, good call there.stinger9142 wrote:You see we felt that collectors would never visit the gaming section and vice versa. Thereby leading to them missing out on other posts they might have otherwise seen if they were in the same section.