Brag h-...

floorcat
Elite

October 23rd, 2007, 8:07 pm #1

I wanted to say 100% completions, but I realize not everyone enjoys playing games how they should be played putting the time &/or effort in for 100% completions.

All the same, this is the thread for telling the world (well, Nintendo 64 Forever go-ers, at least) what games you've recently played through to the end, one way or another.

For me (and to the absolute best of my knowledge),
these are all done & completed 100%:
Manhunt (Xbox)
Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox)
Second Sight (Xbox) [size=0](100% within 48 consecutive hours it was such a :cussfit: good story!)[/size]
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (Xbox)
Grand Theft Auto III (Xbox)

This was all pretty much done when I had only one part-time night job and no time-squandering internet, not to mention a glorious lack of both classes and a full-time day-job. (basically, early June to late August)

5 more down, 400+ to go...
... and the backlog continues to grow... -_-

(not sure when I'll have the chance to play like that again...) ;_;

October 23rd, 2007, 10:40 pm #2

floorcat wrote:Second Sight (Xbox) [size=0](100% within 48 consecutive hours it was such a :cussfit: good story!)[/size]
What is Second Sight like?

floorcat
Elite

October 23rd, 2007, 10:50 pm #3

It's like the best story in a video game. Ever.

I'd say it's worth it to play just for the story. You can probably find the Xbox version for $5 or so now.

Psi-Ops is a better 3rd person adventure "psychic power" game... just meh story/music.

Deleted User
Deleted User

October 23rd, 2007, 10:59 pm #4

Here's what I've recently completed.

Dead Rising (360)
Crackdown (360)
Halo 3 (360)
Just Cause (360)
Resident Evil 4 (Wii - 100% complete!)

I think those are the only games I've completed this year. That's pretty poor for me... usually it's more than that. :(

And congrats on completing GTA3 100%, Mr Floorcat.

floorcat
Elite

October 23rd, 2007, 11:14 pm #5

alxbly wrote: And congrats on completing GTA3 100%, Mr Floorcat.
Yeah... that one took a little while... as did Burnout 3 (friggin' World Circuit Racer GP!!) <_<

Deleted User
Deleted User

October 23rd, 2007, 11:17 pm #6

Ooooh, that sounds hard. I never got that far. I got the World Circuit Racer Preview track, which was pretty tough, so I imagine the GP was just plain mean.

But worth it? :unsure:

floorcat
Elite

October 23rd, 2007, 11:24 pm #7

Yeah... that one was pretty insane... just having to race the fastest/weakest car in the game in four of the (probably) longest tracks in the game consecutively... AND place an overall 1st...

I remember almost giving up after seeing what was in store for me after crashing through the very first lap of the first track. A few weeks later I realized it couldn't be harder than that stupid challenge in Wipeout 64. ;) And it wasn't. Close... though. >_<

... and yes... worth it... IF you're all about 100% :rolleyes:
The funny thing was, I was only at about 60% when I tackled that GP... since I'd do all the available races/road rages/preview laps/crash junctions on a continent before moving on to the next. So I was kinda scared that the remaining 40% (all crash junctions, as far as I could tell back then) were going to be INSANELY hard. They weren't, and it was such an anticlimactic 100%.

StYoung
Veteran

October 23rd, 2007, 11:31 pm #8

Hm I'm just going to go with games completed since October for now:

Halo 3 [X360]

Long list, eh? :-/
dagoss,Nov 17 2007 wrote: OMG, this is the best topic ever made.? I nominate Steve for God!

Deleted User
Deleted User

October 23rd, 2007, 11:35 pm #9

A few of the 360 games I own will be impossible for me to achieve 100% on until I get the 360 connected to Xbox Live. A lot of achievements can only be won in Live; kill 10 people in a deathmatch online, etc, etc. One day...

And there's a few games I just don't have the patience to complete 100%. Crackdown was a great game but I'm not gonna spend hours hunting down a few last orbs when you get no reward for it. Just Cause is the same... sort of. There's loads of enemy outposts to be taken over but it would take ages and they're all very, very similar... It gets a bit dull and it's time I don't have. :(

Does that sound like some good excuses? :unsure: :-/ >_< :P

floorcat
Elite

October 23rd, 2007, 11:37 pm #10

alxbly wrote: It gets a bit dull and it's time I don't have.  :(

Does that sound like some good excuses?  :unsure:  :-/  >_<  :P
*thinks about the multitude of hours spent doing the stupid paramedic & taxi missions in GTAIII* >_< >_< >_<