boardgames

action
action

February 28th, 2016, 8:07 am #1

ah boardgames... back when we didn't have videogames this was what we were playing. and boardgames are having a massive comeback! 8) playing boardgames with your friends at home, with a couple of beers, has become the new "internet multiplayer". there's a wealth of games to chose from, with cool themes like dracula, jack the ripper, x files...

i've recently bought this one. anyone who liked eternal darkness will enjoy the theme. it's based on the cthulu mythos, just like ED 8) the manual is 24 pages. the cards offer some creepy but cheesy backstory. you get to use spells, lose sanity (like in the videogame), have lots of characters to chose from, different ancients, zombies, there is even a magic shop!

best thing: you can play this alone. like a super sized patience or something.

what are your favorite boardgames?

Milage007
Elite

February 28th, 2016, 9:08 am #2

Nice! Have fun with that action!

Mine are very vanilla but classics nonetheless:

-Chess
-Monopoly
-Cluedo

I don't really get to play the last two too much at the moment but I'll be looking to try and play with family and friends if anybody wants to when I move into my new house.

I think the Mario Party games on the N64 are pretty cool too! But that's a video game board like game! Just the mini games have it that extra awesomeness.

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

action
action

February 28th, 2016, 9:27 am #3

Milage007 wrote:Nice! Have fun with that action!

Mine are very vanilla but classics nonetheless:

-Chess
-Monopoly
-Cluedo

I don't really get to play the last two too much at the moment but I'll be looking to try and play with family and friends if anybody wants to when I move into my new house.

I think the Mario Party games on the N64 are pretty cool too! But that's a video game board like game! Just the mini games have it that extra awesomeness.
you've got the classics covered. that's a start! 8)

it doesnt really matter which game you're playing. the fun is in the company, the laughs and the drinks.

you're absolutely right about mario party being like a board-video-game. nintendo never fails to deliver quality local multiplayer. fun fact: nintendo used to manufacture card games.

bluedogrulez
Guardian

February 28th, 2016, 11:32 am #4

I loved Trivial Pusuit as I kid. We are talking the original one. I was a bit of a savant at it, mostly through repetition, but I was also a crazy good guesser. I liked the Sports Edition too, but then they released way too many and the questions started getting watered down a bit. TP is often an overlooked part of 1980s pop culture.

Risk was great too. I wasn't nearly as good, because I was enamoured with starting out in Africa. Not sure why.

Had my monopoly and scrabble phases, but my family members used to whip me at scrabble. They know so many Z, X, Q and J words!
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez

The Red Shadow
Guardian

February 28th, 2016, 11:28 pm #5

Most of mine would rest in the classics, for sure. Risk, Monopoly, Sorry, Life, Trivial Pursuit, Battleship, Stratego, Mouse Trap, Trouble and games like Yahtzee and Uno if you can lump card games in with board games. Many good memories but, unfortunately for me, they don't as much attention these days as they used to.

Pimpin Mainer
Veteran

February 29th, 2016, 12:27 am #6

I do love me some board games. I really like strategy games. The ones that make your friends hate you after playing >:-]

Some of my favorites are: Monopoly (I own a Zelda and a Pokemon board), Risk, Stratego, Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, and Chess.
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

TofuJunky87
TofuJunky87

March 15th, 2016, 3:50 pm #7

We've played a lot of Cards Against Humanity lately. Its a really fun game that is best played with a bunch of people with dirty minds.
Current 64 Collection: Grey, Jungle, Fire, Ice, Smoke, Watermelon, Grape, Gold, JP Blue/Clear, Daiei Hawks
Current Game Count: 324
Current Controller Count: 32

:n64: 4ever

Bamboozled
Veteran

March 15th, 2016, 10:07 pm #8

Pimpin Mainer wrote:I do love me some board games. I really like strategy games. The ones that make your friends hate you after playing >:-]

Some of my favorites are: Monopoly (I own a Zelda and a Pokemon board), Risk, Stratego, Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, and Chess.
Do you own the slightly new cat piece?

Sgally23

August 22nd, 2016, 2:06 pm #9

Trouble