Milage007
Elite

March 4th, 2016, 7:53 am #21

Awesome Conker! How much did that cost? I'm sure it adds up and beyond the cost in the value..

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

Intendall64
Intendall64

March 4th, 2016, 11:56 am #22

@rdools, you may be interested in this auction then. Someone is selling 5 blister controllers off....condition varies though. I'm going to post this on the eBay thread too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-SEALED-Of ... SwKtVW1CsZ

rdools
rdools

March 4th, 2016, 1:15 pm #23

Intendall64 wrote:@rdools, you may be interested in this auction then. Someone is selling 5 blister controllers off....condition varies though. I'm going to post this on the eBay thread too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-SEALED-Of ... SwKtVW1CsZ
Thanks for thinking of me!

Right now I'm looking for the following :

USA:
Smoke
Watermelon

CAN:
Gold
Fire
Watermelon
Ice

gamerjerome
Established Member
gamerjerome
Established Member

March 28th, 2016, 5:51 am #24

Still :pottymouth: myself on the blisters. I messaged the guy that has those blisters for sale on ebay to see if he'll sell me three of them. No reply back. A clear smoke just popped up on ebay but it's overpriced. Contacted the seller with my offer. They said the price they have is what the last one sold for which is not true. I don't think they know people can look up completed sold listings in the last 90 days.

This is what I currently have

-Watermelon
-Fire
-Grape
-Gold

Looking for
-Smoke
-Green
-Ice

I know completed sets are even more rare but how many Watermelon Blisters are there? Any others besides myself that have it that are not complete? I kind of want to get an idea of how many exist. Only two sold on ebay last year. Not sure if any of you bought one of those. Maybe less than 20?
Twitter - Youtube - Collection

Controllers - Boxed US (8/8) - Blister (7/7)
Games - Sealed - (9) - Boxed (79) - Lose (77)
Grey Variants - (9/14)

jonebone
jonebone

March 28th, 2016, 11:26 am #25

gamerjerome wrote:Still :pottymouth: myself on the blisters. I messaged the guy that has those blisters for sale on ebay to see if he'll sell me three of them. No reply back. A clear smoke just popped up on ebay but it's overpriced. Contacted the seller with my offer. They said the price they have is what the last one sold for which is not true. I don't think they know people can look up completed sold listings in the last 90 days.

-Watermelon
-Fire
-Grape
-Gold

Looking for
-Smoke
-Green
-Ice

I know completed sets are even more rare but how many Watermelon Blisters are there? Any others besides myself that have it that are not complete? I kind of want to get an idea of how many exist. Only two sold on ebay last year. Not sure if any of you bought one of those. Maybe less than 20?
As for the Smoke being "overpriced", I'd disgree. It's going to sell at $275, it stands without cracks and only minor denting. I'd say if you can get any of them in solid shape with minimal wear at or below $250, you're doing good. At auctions they tend to hover closer to $200-$225, but sometimes you may want to stretch a little to complete a set.

Because any color can go through a drought, spike in price, and then you'll regret missing out. I remember when Grape was perceived as pretty rare (probably 3rd behind Fire / Watermelon), yet it has cooled off substantially. I also remember when Green and Ice Blue were perceived as some of the most common... and yet look, you still need both of them. Prices / rarity / availability are always subject to change, so it is best to not put them off, especially if you're only talking $20-$40 from where you want to be on price.

Milage007
Elite

March 28th, 2016, 11:52 am #26

Good luck with the search gamerjerome they'll come up sooner or later. Shame we never had blisters here in the UK. :nope:

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

Sixty Formula
Established Member
Sixty Formula
Established Member

March 28th, 2016, 5:14 pm #27

gamerjerome wrote:Still :pottymouth: myself on the blisters. I messaged the guy that has those blisters for sale on ebay to see if he'll sell me three of them. No reply back. A clear smoke just popped up on ebay but it's overpriced. Contacted the seller with my offer. They said the price they have is what the last one sold for which is not true. I don't think they know people can look up completed sold listings in the last 90 days.

-Watermelon
-Fire
-Grape
-Gold

Looking for
-Smoke
-Green
-Ice

I was one of the ones that purchased a watermelon controller last year. I can say that there are at least 2 watermelon controllers that aren't accompanied with a complete set. You have one, and I know that Siccooper has kept his and still does not have a complete set. I8ablueskittle did have a complete set, but since sold 1 or 2 of the controllers (if i'm not mistaken) not including his watermelon - so that would be a third controller without a complete set. Jonebone has an insanely good point. The watermelon wasn't even the last blister controller I needed for the set, the Grape was. With that being said, there have been several grapes to have gone up since, so any color could become readily or scarcely available at any time. I mean, a sealed box of stadium events was just uncovered, so anything is possible! Good luck with your search! :yeah:

sublime1996525
sublime1996525

March 28th, 2016, 11:35 pm #28

I didn't hear about the sealed Stadium Events being uncovered. That's pretty crazy. I'd like to start collecting the blisters but I would really be tempted to open them for a fresh controller for the dang MK hotlap thread haha.

Cabanon
Elite

March 29th, 2016, 11:44 am #29

uh where is this SE sealed story at ? havent heard of it either.

Sixty Formula
Established Member
Sixty Formula
Established Member

March 29th, 2016, 1:06 pm #30

@cabanon @sublime Check out the nintendoage thread under "collecting" OR check out pat the NES punk's completely unnecessary podcast on youtube. He covered the story a couple days ago!