Vekoma64
Vekoma64

December 12th, 2012, 6:07 pm #11

I think it is a great idea. I do not know if many would get offended, at least I hope not as the regular posters here seem to be all nice with each other. I do not really have suggestions on what to do or how to do it but stuff to read, write and do on this fourm is great and more content is :) all good by me.
Nintendo gaming since 1989 WiiU NNID- Vekoma64

Cypher
Established Member
Cypher
Established Member

December 12th, 2012, 6:08 pm #12

I like the idea :)

Or if you dont want to choose just one person due to making other people feeling left out, You should do just like a List of thanks to who you think contributes to the forum and who really get thereselves involved with the Forum and who are just generally nice people who you grown friendly with :)
Buy ANY SNES/N64/GAMEBOY/GBC/GBA CIB PAL games So message me.

Xephyrian
Veteran

December 12th, 2012, 6:29 pm #13

That's a good idea too Cypher. The more I think about at, any of these ideas would be fine. I'm pretty sure that if a poster of the year is voted on no one here would be offended if it wasn't them.

DeeMoney
Guardian

December 12th, 2012, 9:38 pm #14

I like cypher's idea about that. I think you should look at the people who are consistent or have been in 2012. With that list above that you mentioned Stinger and maybe just acknowledge them for helping to keep this place a great place to visit with quality conversation going on.
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

stinger9142
Guardian

December 12th, 2012, 11:00 pm #15

Thank you all for the fantastic :cussfit:! I am excited to see this discussion really pick up some steam.

OK, cypher, I love your idea, but want to combine it with my wish to have a contributor of the year. I will ask members that want to to give a personal thanks to any specific member(s) they see fit in a designated topic. After a couple of weeks, I will see who was mentioned by the most members will be crowned "contributor of the year". this method can really keep people from feeling left out, and know that they are appreciated by others even if they do not win. It is like a vote, but without asking members to "just pick one".

Norcal, signatures for winners would be a nice touch for sure. :)

Also, I was thinking we should have a "new member of the year" for anyone who joined in since January 1st of 2012.

Please keep the ideas and :cussfit: coming :)

Cabanon
Elite

December 12th, 2012, 11:42 pm #16

as long as those who are nominated are not abusing the forum, i dont see why it :pottymouth: be done. still, it highly depends on the person. some like to be recognize and be on a top list, while some dont give a s**t about it or some like to be recognize but dont make a "oh im hot on this forum" and goes on to help users & newbie. THAT is someone who should be nominated to me.

stinger9142
Guardian

December 13th, 2012, 2:07 am #17

I expect our members will make good top quality nominations as a whole. Multiple of those is what it would take to win,

Humble is a great quality to!

Thanks for weighing in :)

Omnert
Omnert

December 13th, 2012, 7:20 am #18

Matt wrote:Another idea could be to have a game competition (I imagine this would be hard to do though) and give a award to the winner.
I like this idea as well, though I know it would be hard to do, and would most likely have to be just a regional thing. But (since I'm currently living in a big house alone, and only for the next 6 months or so,) I would be willing to host a NE FL/ SE GA and surrounding area competition (basically anyone who's willing/capable to drive to Jacksonville, FL, if there are any) in the next few weeks/months, and even if it were just a fun thing to do/no award for it or anything, I think it would be a cool idea, though some of our younger/non-driving members might be left out..
Current N64 focus: NTSC-U carts. Current count: 108/296 (36.5%), 4 NTSC-J.
[+] Spoiler
Consoles: Atari 2600, Genesis, PS1, Game Boy Color, Xbox, GameCube, Wii.
Games:
Atari 2600: 145
NES: 2
Game Boy/GBC: 27
Master System: 1
Genesis: 26
CD-I: 2
PS1: 62
PS2: 51
GBA: 1
Dreamcast: 2
Xbox: 32
GameCube: 67
Wii: 60
DS: 2
PSP: 1
360: 7
PS3: 4
PC: 75 (disc-based games only).

TOTAL: 577

Matt
Elite

December 13th, 2012, 8:16 am #19

Omnert wrote:
Matt wrote:Another idea could be to have a game competition (I imagine this would be hard to do though) and give a award to the winner.
I like this idea as well, though I know it would be hard to do, and would most likely have to be just a regional thing. But (since I'm currently living in a big house alone, and only for the next 6 months or so,) I would be willing to host a NE FL/ SE GA and surrounding area competition (basically anyone who's willing/capable to drive to Jacksonville, FL, if there are any) in the next few weeks/months, and even if it were just a fun thing to do/no award for it or anything, I think it would be a cool idea, though some of our younger/non-driving members might be left out..

(If there's any interest I would be willing to host it nonetheless, though I only have 1 N64 (but multiple TVs), so others would need to bring their copies of games/consoles... (If anyone's interested in something like that, you can contact me via PM, also there is a place for you to sleep for a few days)...)
I like this idea, although it would be tough to organise and multiple events would have to go on worldwide

Do the versions of games you download off the Wii sore have multiplayer?

Another idea could be the Xbox Live downloadable version of Perfect Dark, although that's leaving out members of the forum without Xbox consoles or gold

clarky_n64
Veteran

December 13th, 2012, 9:24 am #20

I'm liking all the ideas from everyone at the moment. Just to expand on some annual awards we could have:

Best N64 Gamer Award- A member that has completed the most N64 games in the N64 Game Off topic

Chatterbox Award - A member who's racked up the most posts in the last year or most posts per day

Best Collection Award - This award would have to be voted for by the forum

Best Personality Award - A member with the best character, that may be witty, funny, wacky or just plain weird :lol:

Biggest Contributer Award - A member who has posted the most useful info across the forum. Noted by quality of posts, not quantity

Maybe someone else could expand? :yeah: