An N64 like never before!

Mop it up
Guardian

November 12th, 2006, 11:49 pm #1

I had this old bucket of Legos laying around collecting dust, so I was trying to think of something I could do with them. I also had this extra N64 I didn't need, so I thought "Hey, maybe I'll use it as a toaster. No wait, I know! I'll build a LEGO casing for it!" Well, here's how that turned out.

BTW, if somehow you've never heard of Legos, click here for the wikipedia article.

Click here to see all 15 photos.

It's a little miscoloured, especially the contoller, because I had only a couple of buckets of blocks to work with, but I think it turned out pretty well. What do you think of it? Good or bad, I'd like to know.

...And yes, the controller is exponentially uncomfortable.

Taylorb
Established Member
Taylorb
Established Member

November 13th, 2006, 12:11 am #2

Wow..

For 1, how did you get the lego's to stick to the controller? o.O

November 13th, 2006, 12:22 am #3

8/10!!

J-Dub
J-Dub

November 13th, 2006, 12:28 am #4

Great job!

Deleted User
Deleted User

November 13th, 2006, 12:28 am #5

:lol: That's too cool!

Say, did you remember to leave a space for cooling? Don't want it to overheat.

25/10, though. That's the coolest thing I've seen in ages. I especially like the Mario and Luigi. Great touch! :D

I like the Mop "official seal" too. :D

niniendowarrior
niniendowarrior

November 13th, 2006, 2:00 am #6

These pictures make me sadder. Some people have a N64s like it's nothing and here I am... with not a single machine. :( :( :( :(

dagoss
Elite

November 13th, 2006, 2:44 am #7

niniendowarrior wrote: These pictures make me sadder. Some people have a N64s like it's nothing and here I am... with not a single machine. :( :( :( :(
I know the feeling. My game collection fits in a small drawer.

Oh, and 47/10 for that Lego-64. Legos are probably the one thing I loved more than video games as a kid. You have combined them into one orgy of fun. I would love to have sexual relations with it, time permitting.

Mop it up
Guardian

November 13th, 2006, 3:07 am #8

Taylorb wrote: For 1, how did you get the lego's to stick to the controller? o.O
I completely removed the plastic casing for the controller, and built a LEGO casing around the circuit board inside and the analog stick. I glued the rubber buttons onto the board with puzzle preserver so they wouldn't slide around. The controller port is covered, so no memory/rumble paks. A rumble pak would probably destroy the thing anyway. :lol:
I'll probably redesign the controller at some point, making it more colour-coded, and hopefully less pointy corners.
alxbly wrote:Say, did you remember to leave a space for cooling? Don't want it to overheat.
Yep. On the bottom (not shown), there's an open line down the middle. Also, on each side are small vents:

Where the red/white/yellow lines end is where the vent starts. That's another area I may redesign to make it colour-coded. Anyways, the top half of the N64's casing has been removed, and there's quite a bit of empty space inside the LEGO casing. I kept the bottom half of the N64's plastic case on for stability reasons. I'm not too worried about it though, because I don't really use it to play games.
niniendowarrior wrote:Some people have a N64s like it's nothing and here I am... with not a single machine.
Isn't it kind of ironic that you're a member of an N64 forum when you don't own one...? In fact, I can't recall you saying you own any system... Who are you?
dagoss wrote:I would love to have sexual relations with it, time permitting.
... :huh:
...The going rate is $100 per session.

niniendowarrior
niniendowarrior

November 13th, 2006, 3:41 am #9

Mop_it_up wrote: Isn't it kind of ironic that you're a member of an N64 forum when you don't own one...? In fact, I can't recall you saying you own any system... Who are you?
If you had read the other threads. You will know that your statement is incorrect.

DOL_001
DOL_001

November 13th, 2006, 4:55 am #10

whoa nice job, i though of doing this to one of my gamecubes before but i don't have enough blocks

you should get some spraypaint to those mismatched colors