All that Glistens is not Golden

Deadmoneycash

February 25th, 2018, 2:34 am #1

Hello and welcome.
This Discussion/Thread's objective is for the continuation and further documentation, identification and authentification of the elusive 1997 Mario Kart 64: Nintendo Power Cup Grand Pirze Gold N64 Controllers.

A National and Global contest. In the U.S. it appeared in the U.S. 1997 Nintendo Power magazine issue#94, pages 34 & 35 and was nationally held in the U.S. in the spring of 1997.

In order for contestants to qualify they had to beat a Time Trial of 1 minute 30 seconds (1:30) on Mario Raceway, with any character of their choosing. Tear out the entry form provided in Nintendo Power issue #94, fill it out and attach a picture of their time trial achievement to the entry form and mail it in, post marked by May 15th 1997 in order to be considered an eligible entry in the contest. Only 1,000 Grand Prize winners would be chosen. The grand prize being 1of the first ever released gold Nintendo 64 Controllers. The Gold Mario Kart 64 controller.

DISCLAIMER: This thread is going to have unimaginable twists and turns. It's going to go places that currently to "You" the reader are completely unforeseen, unexpected and mind-blowing for the N64 community and possibly Retro Gamers alike. In order for this thread to work in the further identification and authentification of the elusive 1997 U.S. Mario Kart 64: Nintendo Power Cup Grand Prize Gold controller we need to bring in and examine every type of gold controller for the N64. Now for those that might say we are getting off topic I say "Hold your wad there fella". These other gold controllers are needed for proper identification and authentication assistance. But....BUT it doesn't just stop there. There is going to be a domino effect of identification and authentication, coupled with a much needed revelation to come to light for this community and future community members to come. Just remember that you seen it here first at Nintendo 64 Forever. Now "Lets Rock!"

This Mario Kart Gold N64 controller is rare to say the least. They are the original, first ever released Golden N64 Controllers. There is known to be 1,000 released in U.S. and it has been said and speculated that there were also 1,000 released in Japan as Grand Prizes of the Mario Kart 64: Nintendo Power Cup contest. Possibly. Not confirmed. Note: NOT every country that participated in the Mario Kart 64: Nintendo Power Cup contest had a grand prize of a gold N64 controller. It has been said some countries received different Grand Prizes, such as Gold Medals and others Go-Karts. How many countries received Gold N64 controllers or received a different grand prize is beyond me. Possibly a separate Forum to discuss all the different Global grand prizes is in order?

Most of these elusive Gold N64 controllers were said to be lost forever, 20 years ago when Nintendo released the every day store bought gold N64 controllers 1 yr after the Mario Kart 64 contest grand prize winners received theirs. It has been stated across the internet and debated for many many years that there is no way to physically tell the difference apart from a Mario Kart 64 Grand Prize Gold controller (MK64GC) and a common everyday store bought gold N64 controller. These controllers are said to be nearly unpriceable because there's nothing that identifies them as a unique item after the release of the common store-bought gold N64 controllers 1 year later except for a small congratulations card. If you were a grand prize winner of the 1997 MK64NPC in the U.S. you received a postmarked package from Nintendo containing your grand prize MK64GC along with a congratulations card.

This Grand Prize winner congratulations card is not mine. There is a front side picture, not pictured here. If someone could please provide the front cover picture of the congratulations card that would be great.

This congratulations card is said to be exclusively the only identifiable part of a MK64GC. The mail packaging/plain cardboard box could also contribute to identifying the controller but not as much. This congratulations card does not contain the recipient's name, nor does it contain the recipients MK64NPC contest winning time. It in fact was word for word the same for all of the 1,000 U.S. Grand Prize winners. While it is a nice piece of memorabilia, very nostalgic and cool, It in fact is not the controller and in my opinion can be faked to easily. So where does that leave us? Only people with a small paper congratulations card are possibly true MK64GC holders? That if you are presente with an opportunity to purchase or trade for one of these MK64GC, that you solely rest all of the identifiable information on the congratulations card? High risk none the less. One thing for sure is a very large portion of these congratulations cards are gone forever, but more than likely a fair number of the MK64GC still remain at large, without their identifiable congratulations card. Now with that said, are all of the original MK64GC without a congratulations card lost forever, never to be identifiable again? Bumping around the globe like an everyday common Gold N64 controller? Well I'm here with others to state that simply is NOT the case. We in fact can identify these original, authentic Mario Kart 64 Gold controllers from the 1997 U.S. Mario Kart 64: Nintendo Power Cup Contest without a congratulations card. Most of this information that will be presented is NOT new! A shocking revelation for most to even hear this. Nearly the main identifiable point on a MK64GC has been public knowledge for at least 5 years. As far back as 2013 is the earliest post I can find mentioning it and its here on Nintendo 64 Forever! Yet the gaming world at large does not seem to know about it and disputes it nearly every chance they get. Now with all this aside there actually has been an exciting NEW revelation to come to light in regards of further identification and authentication of these controllers!

I personally am an original 1997 U.S. Mario Kart 64: Nintendo Power Cup Grand Prize winner of you guessed it...a Mario Kart 64 Gold controller. I have known for 20 years the MAIN difference between the MK64GC and a common store bought gold controller. I'll get to my background story later. For years and years I debated with people there was a difference. To no avail. Nearly 99% of all the websites that even mention the MK64GC in Forum/Thread/Blog whatever always state the same repetitious rhetoric remark that "There is no way to identify the MK64GC from common gold N64 controllers." One thing you should take notice of when you read these statements on these websites is that none of the writers claim to be Grand Prize winners. None of them claim to actually have even seen or used a MK64GC. Meaning a person that has never seen a MK64GC is stating publicly there is no way to differentiate it from any of the common look alike gold N64 controllers. I thought to myself for years how does no one know the difference? Did nobody do their due diligence way back then? Well my friend and myself did back in 1998. We felt it was very very important to us 20 years ago to do so. I wanted to know and make sure our grand prize winnings, our bragging rights as gamers were in fact still unique, accountable and identifiable after Nintendo released the common everyday store bought gold N64 controllers. We needed to know if Nintendo had just ripped out our hearts and stomped all over our credibility and hard work? Erasing our achievement from history! It was strange and made no sense to me over the years that no one I ever came across knew the difference. Problem was I was only able to discuss it with people that had never even laid eyes on the MK64GC. But still how could a holy grail of the Nintendo gaming world be so easily overlooked? Not given the attention such a unique item deserved. I really thought the world had gone mad that is until I stumbled into this group here. The Nintendo 64 Forever group. For the first time in my life I was seeing written information about how to identify a MK64GC! It took me by surprise! There were people that actually knew the difference! Going through all the old forums here at Nintendo 64 Forever I seen the difference mentioned again far back as 2013 but most noticeably back in 2016 with the "Got it Made?; Nintendo 64 controller orgins" thread.

Got it Made
Great read. I recommend everyone check it out.

There were and are some great people in that thread putting forth many hours of work and wonderful information. Amazing revelations were made in regards to all N64 controllers. The MK64GC was in that list and for the first time I seen people actually knew the difference. I'd like to give a big :pottymouth: out now too No64DD for putting together the "Got it Made" thread, started in early 2016. There are many other names in that thread that put forth countless hours and work. Congratulations to them all.

No64DD has been working with me behind the scenes on bringing this forum forward. I am as forum illiterate as they come. No64DD has been and is a wonderful wealth of knowledge that has truly helped me make this work and bring it to light to share and contribute to the wonderful wealth of continuing knowledge of the Nintendo 64 world here at Nintendo 64 Forever *(clapping)*.

**DISCLAIMER: BORING PARTS: SKIP AHEAD....if you want to get back to the action.** A quick background story on me. I am an original 1997 Mario Kart 64: Nintendo Power Cup grand prize U.S. winner. I possibly maybe the only Grand Prize winner in the U.S that does not have thier name on the 1,000 U.S. Grand Prize winners list. If such a list even exist? (Can anyone produce such a list? If so please do so.) The story is I at 15 years old and my best friend neighbor at 13 years old were gaming junkies. He had a Nintendo 64 with Mario Kart 64. I had a Nintendo Power magazine issue #94 with contest entry form. We spent two days back and forth putting in our best efforts and times with various characters on Mario Raceway. After two days I was finally able to beat the Time Trial requirement of 1 minute 30 seconds. I came in at 1 minute 29 seconds with Yoshi. My friend's mother using her Polaroid camera took several pictures of the TV screen. I gave her the Nintendo Power contest form and she filled it out and mailed it in with the Polaroid. Now to this day I have no clue if she just put her son's name on it or were both of our names on the entry form. As luck would have it we were selected as 1 of the 1,000 U.S. Grand Prize winners! The Mario Kart 64 grand prize gold controller was mailed to my friend's house. He called me over on the phone and told me a package from Nintendo had arrived! Up until that point we didn't even know if we were 1 of the 1,000 grand prize winners yet. Together we frantically opened the package and held up the Gold Mario Kart 64 controller! His mother snapped this Polaroid of us at that moment in 1997.

I'm on the right in the stripes & black ball cap.

Now I know people are thinking already that my credibility goes out the window. Since the controller was mailed to his house and his mother filled out the contest entry form. We mutually agreed the Gold controller was both ours together. We continued to share the MK64GC for the next two years. What I can say and state here and now is if his mother did not include both our names on the entry form and if someone can produce a list of the 1,000 U.S. Grand Prize winners that you will see a L.Y. of Wooster, Ohio as a grand prize winner. If his mother actually put my name on the entry form as well you will see a B.M. of Wooster, Ohio as well. Unfortunately for us we did not keep the mailing package and overtime the congratulations card simply disappeared. It was on a small piece of folded paper. Now fast forward one year later, Nintendo releases a store-bought gold N64 controller to our dismay! We went to the stores and bought one immediately and frantically opened the package to compare the store bought gold N64 controller to our very own grand prize contest winning MK64GC. And to our RELIEF we spotted a difference! We knew then that Nintendo DID NOT rip out our hearts and stomp all over our credibility! Fast forward 1 more year later again, 2 years after receiving the MK64GC. It was stolen from my friends house. Gone forever and never to be seen again.

***STOP SCROLLING!! BOARING PARTS OVER!!*** The actions about to pickup! My attempt here along with others is to bring fourth as many Gold N64 controllers for documentation as possible. Yes this thread is about the 1997 Mario Kart 64: Nintendo Power Cup Grand Prize Gold controller. But without all the other N64 gold controllers this thread wouldn't work. We want to make this thread as much the definitive proof of identifying all MK64GC in the wild. For ones that come up for sale, trade or bragging rights. We are going to be documenting every gold controller possible from possibly multiple angles and from the inside out as much as possible. And yes folks we are going to have a first ever, publicly documented (to the best of my knowledge) and shared, insides of an official MK64GC! You seen it here first folks at Nintendo 64 Forever.

Now let us begin!
I present to you, the everyday store-bought common 1998 N64 Gold controller, that is said to have RUINED it all! Gaze upon it, analyze it. Remember it.

And now for your viewing pleasure. **drum roll plz** I present to you thee official, thee elusive, one of a kind, the granddaddy of all N64 gold controllers! I give to you...........MK64GC!!!

**Ahh**oOoh**eww**pfft**ish**huh**$%@%**?**

There it is folks in all its glory!....wait......wh.....whut? You mean to tell me you can't see that this is an official MK64GC!? You mean you can't tell that this is the elusive MK64GC? You mean to say that it looks no different than the everyday store-bought common N64 gold controller?! Well..... you are right. At least from this angle. How quick the gaming world has always been to judge this book by its cover. Shall we turn the page per say on this controller and see what we find? We shall.

Now here is a :pottymouth: of both controllers from a different angle. Top side. Here is the everyday store bought common gold N64 controller

Now the MK64GC.

Notice a difference? Look real close. closer...CLOSER! Okay you got it. You see it now. The 1997 Mario Kart 64: Nintendo Power Cup Contest Winning, Grand Prize Gold controller IS the only (Fully Gold<----remember this) N64 gold controller in all of history to be "Made in...JAPAN"!

Now folks I tell you this is already public knowledge. This is what I have known for 20 years. It's what I seen posted in this very group in 2013 and more noticeably in 2016's "Got it Made" thread, started by No64DD.
This is what I beat my head on the wall for 20 years not understanding how it was missed. I understand that it's small and hardly noticeable but for people to blatantly argue until they're nearly blue in the face that there is no physical difference on the outside of these gold controllers!? Well that was just blatant ignorance.

Now at this point I would like for everyone to start digging out any and all of your N64 GOLD controllers. Every type there ever was. Let's catalog this difference. "MADE IN CHINA" and "MADE IN JAPAN". If everyone could snap a picture of the top of your gold controllers and post them here, that would be a great help for all future to come. If you could get the angle just right so we can see some of the face of the controller so that we may see which type of golden N64 controller it is. Such as Nintendo Power 100th issue release, common everyday store-bought release, ect. Make sure the stamped information up on top of where the controller is made "CHINA" or "JAPAN" is legible, in focus and make sure the picture is rotated so that the words are right side up before posting for all of us to read. At least try your best to get the stamp pictured if nothing else. I think just a few pictures of each type of N64 Gold controller is appropriate. If you see that your controller has already been picture posted a couple times then please do not add another picture. You could simply "Reply" that yours is the same. We don't want this post to be overrun with a hundred pictures of everyday store-bought common gold "MADE IN CHINA" N64 controllers. Keep it tidy so it's more effective and efficient. Though there will be an exception for as many pictures as people can get of their MK64GC. I feel this exception is acceptable as there probably won't be too many. Also an exception will be made for other color types of "JAPAN" made N64 controllers that are NOT golden or entirely (fully gold) in color. The reason will come later.

Moving on. So now the cat is out of the bag for at least the third or fourth time here at Nintendo 64 Forever. Is the story over? Is there anything else that we know or can find that can again prove the difference between the MK64GC and every other (Hint---> *Fully*) gold N64 controller in existence? There is. It's not a piece of paper or a mailing package, it is again the controller itself! This info that is about to be presented is to the best of my knowledge, brand-new undocumented, never before disclosed information. Revolutionary in reality, as it began a domino effect in identification and authentication in the N64 controller world and reaches well beyond the confines of its own shell.

In the modern resurgence of retro game collecting a new weapon has emerged in authentification and identification of higher-end items. We now open up carts (non disc games) in attempt to authenticate the product as official and legitimate through various processes. And why should that be any different then for this incidence? Now in the "Got it Made" thread started in 2016 here at Nintendo 64 Forever many many N64 controllers were opened up. Documented. One that never made the list as far as getting opened up...MK64GC. So we now are going to dive in to the mythological world that is the inside of a Mario Kart 64: Nintendo Power Cup Grand Prize Gold controller! What Mysteries await? What unknown information lurks in this dark and mysterious corner of the gaming world? I can only think of one way to find out. Remember you seen it here on Nintendo 64 Forever first. Armed with nothing more than a screwdriver and bad looks... I'm goin In.

A dirty hole never stopped me.

Tadaaa!

So here we all are standing at the threshold of the unknown. And what is blatantly, obviously wrong? Do you see it? I'll wait......and wait......and wait....an...d......wa...i...t. waiting.....hmmmm. Times up. I bet only a few of you see it and most of you don't. It's in your face obvious and sticking out like a sore thumb. But at the same time understandably not known by many people. Should maybe I drone on another 5 pages before pointing it out? Nah, I'm not that cold-hearted. Though I am Dead. So here it is. The 1997 Mario Kart 64: Nintendo Power Cup U.S. Grand Prize Gold controllers are the only Fully Gold N64 controller in HISTORY to ever EVER be made from GREY PLASTIC!
**how the f%$#**WTF**who the?**wut just happend?**
**DeadMoney u just changed my life forever**banned!**
** debate over!!**

Side by side :pottymouth: comparison of a MK64GC insides and a common grey controller insides.

Now you may notice that there is a slight color difference between the 2 controller insides. They both appear grey but slightly a few shades off from each other. Now what this is and I have discovered is the MK64GC had a clear coating spray done to the inside of the controller. But this clear coating spray has a bronze hue. I actually scraped it off with a knife and on the knife end was a brown/bronze powder and thus revealing the true GREY plastic underneath! I have highlighted the scraped area in the following pictures inside of the blue circle.

First with no flash.

Now with flash. I have found that flash penetrates the clear coating quite easily and basically brings out all the grey plastic color underneath.

Now you might be asking what are all the other Gold N64 controllers made of then? Great question! And the answer is a TAN PLASTIC. I currently do not possess a common gold N64 controller but there are enough pictures on the internet of them out there that anyone for themselves can see that there is definitively TAN PLASTIC under the gold paint from the typical wear spots of a N64 controller. I'll post a few pictures from off the web but just know that someone from this group shortly will be posting pictures of the insides of MADE IN CHINA, TAN PLASTIC gold controllers. To illustrate the EXTREME difference between China made and Japan made gold controller insides, specifically the colors of the plastics they are made from.

All three above pictures are the common everyday store-bought China made tan plastic gold N64 controllers.

Now below I will post a picture of a same/similar wear spot on my MK64GC, Notice the color difference.

Now many examples will be coming to illustrate these differences overtime. Hopefully sooner than later. I will not be the only one providing the proof. There are some great people here at Nintendo 64 Forever that are ready and willing to provide even more proof. And I encourage others to come forward and assist in the further documentation an expansion of this project. Putting to rest once and for all the debate, that there is in fact differences between the MK64GC and all other gold N64 controllers that followed it throughout history. Note: That even the highly sought-after Nintendo Power 100th issue gold controller which was available for order through a 1997 Nintendo Super Power Supplies catalog just 4 months after the 1997 Mario Kart 64: Nintendo Power Cup contest ended and 2 :pottymouth: month's after the Mario Kart 64 Nintendo: Power Cup Grand Prize winners received their MK64GC by mail, was in fact the second ever released Fully Gold N64 controller (3rd over all Gold related controller in N64 history) but was already made from the TAN PLASTIC that all gold N64 controllers have continued to have been made from ever since and...AND the first gold controller to be stamped with the "Made in China"! So to recap, the MK64GC is the first ever released N64 Gold controller, that is stamped "Made in JAPAN" and is made from GREY plastic. The NP100GC is the 3rd ever released gold N64 controller (just a few months behind MK64GC) and was already stamped with "Made in CHINA" and made from TAN plastic that all other gold N64 controllers that were released after it continue to be also made from the TAN plastic and stamped "Made in CHINA". Again my hope along with others is that there will be people to come forward with pictures to help further illustrate these facts and differences.

So this concludes my thread opening discussion. It also concludes my 21 year quest for the Gold. It has all come full circle for meyself. I now own again what was rightfully mine and reclaim my spot among U.S. 1997 Mario Kart 64 elites. My drive to conquer this controller a second time in one lifetime has led to undisclosed revelations that I never could have foreseen in the past 20 years. For the second time in my life I have opened up a package containing a MK64GC. Somethings were ment to be. You might see me out there one day on Mario Raceway burning up red EEEEEEEE's, MK64GC in hand, reminiscing about spring days 21 years ago in 1997.

Is this story over? Nah, far from it. This
is only the catalyst to a very large ball of wax that is about to start rolling. In fact this ball of wax might just be on fire once it starts rolling. Amazing things to come. Stay tuned.

Now some Q&A
Q: Dead Money how do you have a MK64GC if yours was
stolen 19 years ago?
A: As I said I always knew the difference so eBay surfing I
found a gold controller with the difference, 19 yrs later.

Q: Hey Dead Money, did you Nuke the Fridge with this?
A: Nope, this is all real.

Q: Dead Money, what was it like to open 2 packages in
1 lifetime, each containing a MK64GC's?!
A: It felt this good...

A bunch of random pics of the MK64GC. A few pictures with pointed out highlights.

No64DD
Elite

February 25th, 2018, 3:47 am #2

Fantastic work!

This is quite a lot to take in.
The MADE in Japan only controllers only seem to have resistors and a printed label on the chipboard, which by the way is a different color that Made in China controllers.

To reiterate, it's an amazing story you put together. I was able to help bridge the gap so to speak. I seen the sespool on certain facebook groups, and it is astounding how misinformed the rest of the internet is. It's actually scary and funny at the same time!

Here is my japanese Gold Toys R Us controller. Made in China of course. Gold Box. Near mint.

You won't find a better tan on Donald Trump! :lol:

Years old debate finally conclusive. Amazing. All Made in China Gold controllers will look like this.
I love what you did here. It is genuine.

A Secret star
lie here~

Deadmoneycash

February 25th, 2018, 3:53 am #3

@ No64DD, The first wonderful contribution to the thread. Looking forward to many of your future contributions here. And those of others.

Deadmoneycash

February 25th, 2018, 12:24 pm #4

To further point out what No64DD has mentioned about Japan made and China made controllers and the differences between there PCB backs I will add a few pictures

Here we have the JAPAN MADE MK64GC PCB back. Highlighted in the three blue circles are some very important points. The first being the top middle circle with a white rectangular sticker with the number/letters "705W" printed on the sticker. JAPAN made controllers all have this sticker in the same location. What changes within the Japan made controllers that ALL have these stickers is the first three digits of the sticker but the fourth last digit the "W" seems to remain. However China made controllers in this exact same location have numbers printed on the board in a Black Ink. No sticker and also it seems no "W". Moving on to the far left blue circle that appears to be drawn around nothing and it has. On a japan-made controller this area is left alone, nothing is done here. On a china made controller another group of numbers is again printed directly onto this PCB back and again in Black Ink. Moving on again to the final and third middle small blue circle. This circle is around two small yellow jacket colored resistors. These resistors only appear in this location on Japan made controllers. A China made controller will have nothing in this location. And one final note the color difference between Japan made in China made PCB backs. The Japan made PCB back is a solid smooth uniform color that is somewhat of a brown cream pumpkin in my opinion. Now the China made PCB back is not very uniform in color. It looks near grainy like particle board and is more of a darker brown. It almost looks texturized where the Japan made looks completely smooth to the eye's touch. I would like to take a moment to explain "smooth to the eyexs touch". In this modern era of retro game collecting it has become common practice and courtesy to open up carts of around $50 value or greater in order for the buyee to better discern if their purchase is in fact genuine, legitimate, authentic by viewing the PCB. So most people people attempting to make such a purchase do not usually get to physically hold the item in hand for sale. So that's where the "Smooth to eyes touch" comes in. I can say for a fact that both China made in Japan made PCB backs are completely smooth to the fingers touch. But noticeably the Japan PCB back looks like it would be smooth to the touch where the China made PCB back looks like it might actually feel texture but is NOT. This is just my attempt to help discern and differentiate the two boards from a mobile perspective.

Japan PCB back from a MK64GC.

And now the pcb back of a China made controller.

No64DD
Elite

February 25th, 2018, 6:10 pm #5

Speaking of discerning color and texture, i wanted to bring up the other MK64 controller. The Black/Grey japanese MK64 controller.
Made in Japan

Next to the Mk64 controller is a standard Grey controller shell on the right. Made in China

The reason i point this out is because there is a difference in color and texture between the two. It has been said before about this Made in Japan controller that people can attest to, although it is not that easy to see and describe.

Here is a better picture of the color difference.

Not only was this two tone controller used as a template for other Made In Japan controllers like the Hello Mac and Geoffrey, it also got its own official release beyond the MK64 bundle.
All Made In Japan.

My point is that it was all the more reason to use the MIJ Grey shell to paint whatever "precoat" Nintendo used to apply the finishing gold paint to the MK64 Gold Controllers because it has a rougher texture for it to adhere to.

Fast forward a year later, the process was obviously refined with the introduction of the NP100 controller and all following Gold controllers to come with the use of the TAN shell instead.

A Secret star
lie here~

Deadmoneycash

February 25th, 2018, 6:42 pm #6

@ No64DD. I completely agree with the above findings. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me while staring at my MK64GC's worn grey spots compared to a regular N64 China made controller. I can and could noticeably tell that the Made in Japan MK64GC's grey worn spots seemed to be a near pearl grey compared to China Made grey. Im my opinion the Japan made was nearly a milky ghostly peral grey in my opinion. It is quite hard to discern as my controller of comparison the MK64GC is 99% covered in Gold making the field of comparison very narrow. Yes the inside is grey but clear coated making comparisons again a bit difficult. Where it is most noticeable on my MK64GC is on the outside back of the controller where it has been worn down from resting on hard surfaces. There is where I noticed the grey seemed different. Thanks for sharing as this is adding more to the conclusive evidence and furthering it's identifiable characteristics, separating the MK64GC further and further from all the China made gold N64 controllers that it has been confused with over the past two decades.

Cabanon
Elite

February 25th, 2018, 10:26 pm #7

how bout Gold Japanese controllers, are they exactly like the MK64GC ?

I do have the congratulation card and I did posted it in your welcome thread, you might use it if you want. If you want more :pottymouth:, lemme know.

No64DD
Elite

February 25th, 2018, 10:36 pm #8

Cabanon wrote:how bout Gold Japanese controllers, are they exactly like the MK64GC ?
Are you referring to the japanese MK64 Gold controller contest?
It would have to be. It's as early as this one, and it's Made In Japan.
Our fellow member Darklink has one, and there are ways to tell without opening it.
:yeah:
A Secret star
lie here~

Houghton0609
Houghton0609

February 25th, 2018, 10:41 pm #9

I have a feeling that this might get even more freaky ??

Cabanon
Elite

February 26th, 2018, 3:30 am #10

No64DD wrote:
Cabanon wrote:how bout Gold Japanese controllers, are they exactly like the MK64GC ?
Are you referring to the japanese MK64 Gold controller contest?
It would have to be. It's as early as this one, and it's Made In Japan.
Our fellow member Darklink has one, and there are ways to tell without opening it.
:yeah:
no. I meant the standard sold in store controller.

that Japanese Contest i've heard of but the origin of this contest is still very unknown.