A Typical Day in the Life

DeeMoney
Guardian

August 2nd, 2013, 1:59 am #1

So Stinger has passed the baton to me for this round of the More About You Series.

In this one we are asking you to share what a typical day looks like for you. What you do from when you get out of bed to when you climb back in to end your day.

I'll get things started.

I get out of bed at around 7.15am through the week. Jump straight in the shower, get dressed and leave for work at about 7.45am for an 8.00am start.

I work all day from 8.00am until 4.30pm at Mental Illness Fellowship Queensland. Helping people who suffer from mental illness achieve identified needs and goals that they may have so that they can live more effectively in the community. I'll usually catch up with 2 or 3 clients a day and spend around an hour with them. After seeing each client I need to go back to the office and write notes for the visit.

I knock off work at around 4.30pm. I go home let the dogs out and feed them,before I sit down, crack a beer and turn on the Xbox or the Playstation and have a game for about an hour or so before the wife gets home from work at around 5.30pm - 6.00pm.

I then have a chat with her and try and organise what we are going to have for dinner. I or my wife then cook dinner and we sit down and have it. After dinner we usually do the dishes and then either sit down watch a movie or some TV. Or if I feel like it jump back in and play some more games while the wife does whatever she does lol.

Usually will go to bed at around 9.30pm -10.00pm, where I'll jump on my iPad before I go to sleep and check some websites and just have a general browse.

I'll then get up and do the same thing again the next day.

So there you go, you all know what a typical day looks like for DeeMoney now. Hopefully your all still awake after reading how standard a day I have.

Look forward to reading what a typical day in the life is like for you guys.

Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Xephyrian
Veteran

August 2nd, 2013, 2:12 am #2

Oh gosh, time to embarrass myself beyond belief :facepalm:

Okay well on a summer day I wake up... whenever. I then proceed to the computer where I'll stay for an indefinite amount of time, which means anywhere from 1-10 hours... or more... and then go to bed, but I'm very lucky to have like 10 good friends in my neighborhood so some days I'll hang out which means going to the pool, watching movies (Star Wars! :D ) or just driving around. But I'm quite a :pottymouth: in so yeah...

During the school year it's basically the same but filled with a lot more stress, schooling, late nights, and depression... :-/ Don't manage my time well as I'm sure you couldn't tell by the amount of time I spend on the internet. Kinda pathetic honestly...

Phantom
Veteran

August 2nd, 2013, 2:18 am #3

Right now im not working so my days are incredibly boring.

I wake up at around 9-10 i have a shower and then make some breakfast, I then eather Start playing the PS3 or go on the Laptop i play that for a few hours usually, Then i spend 2-3 hours doing my online course (Warehouse Operations) ill then Go on the internet for a a bit go on the Two Forums im on. Or ill go and see some friends and hang around with them almost all day, Every few days i go down to see my Nieces and spend a few hours with them. I Usually go to bed between 10-12 Depends how tired i am. Then ill do the same thing (All while looking for a Job)

Nuno
Veteran
Nuno
Veteran

August 2nd, 2013, 9:14 am #4

I get up at 6:30am, shower and breakfast.
I go to the lab and work from 8:15am to 6pm.
Around 7:15pm I get home, where usually the girlfriend is making dinner or I'll do it.
We have dinner, talk and watch TV.
Then it's either more TV, go for a walk, to the movies movie, coffee, eat out, it really depends and each day tens to be different.
Some days I have band rehearsal from 22:30-1:00am (these days I get home at 2am...)
I usually go to bed around 1am.
Start over!

Vinyl
Veteran
Vinyl
Veteran

August 2nd, 2013, 10:14 am #5

wake up, shower thingie,
hour drive to work from 8 til 5,
comes back, Have some food, grab some cokes, and play Tera/talk to friends/ebay =p

sometimes planning a holiday comes to mind and I just book to anywhere,

I want to change my "routine" but I can`t atm.
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

clarky_n64
Veteran

August 2nd, 2013, 10:33 am #6

A day in the life of Clarky goes as follows:

Awake from the dead around 6:30am, get washed, dressed and head to work starting at 7:30am. Throughout the day I have various projects to plan and implement and then normal day to day jobs and general running of a small IT dept. Some days can be manic, others can be deadly quiet. I then finish at 4pm and make my 20 mile journey home. Some days I'm greeted with my daughter and fiance and some days they don't arrive home until around 5-6pm. While dinner is being prepared I'll usually sit with my daughter and try and teach her some things, 123, ABC, words like N64, Playstation, how to insert a cartridge in a console etc.... :lol: important stuff right!? Then we will have dinner around 7pm. After dinner either myself or other half will get our daughter ready and into bed.

After the little one has settled I'll go have a shower and the other half has a bath, then we'll either watch a bit of TV or I'll play a game, do a bit of modding while she sits on her ipad/iphone (she flicks between the two :huh:). She'll then go up to bed about 10ish while I'll either continue playing games or continue in the workshop until around 11pm maybe 12am.

Rinse and repeat!

Matt
Elite

August 2nd, 2013, 11:17 am #7

Wake up at whatever time, do whatever I feel like, go back to bed.

It's great having nothing to do! /sarcasm

floorcat
Elite

August 2nd, 2013, 5:52 pm #8

Great topic, Dee!! :w00t:
Fun reading what you guys' typical days are like... while I'm pretty stupid jealous of some of you (Xeph/Phantom/Matt), my day is probably pretty similar to the rest... just plugged into the system. ;)
  • Anywhere between 5-7am: Gf wakes up, so I typically do too, but will stay in bed browsing the web on my Vita (Kotaku, Gonintendo, Giant Bomb, PS Blog, and here... and usually in that order). Make the bed once I get up.
  • 7-9:25am: Various tasks around the house... dishes/laundry folding/kitty litter box/shower (if these weren't done the night before) followed by breakfast. Sometimes squeeze a few dozen mins of gaming in if the gf doesn't need help with breakfast.
  • 9:25-9:30: Zip to work on my bike. Best. Commute. Ever.
  • Anywhere from noon to 3pm: Lunch... which I'll eat at home if there's leftovers (followed by some gaming, if there's time). Otherwise, it's eating out, ideally/usually with the gf or friends. Then back to work.
  • Anywhere from 5:30pm to 8pm (usually ~7:30pm): off from work, bike home, have dinner, then dishes/kitty litter box/shower/gaming if there's time. Usually just hang out with the gf, then in bed by 10pm.

YogurtStorm
Veteran

August 2nd, 2013, 11:33 pm #9

This is a fun topic and now that I have a job I'm not ashamed to share :lol:

7:00am - Wake up call. I'll open my eyes but remain in bed for a minute or two, trying to grasp onto whatever warmth I can get before getting up. I'll head into the bathroom with my laptop and do my morning things, usually to give the forum a peek before heading into the shower. I typically will not eat anything big in the morning, I feel sick easily when I eat in the morning but sometimes I will try to manage a bite or two of something.

7:45am - Grab the bike and start making my way to work. I used to always use a car or bus to go to work, but I feel I definitely need the exercise given I will be equivalent to a garden potato for most of the day.

8:15am - I arrive at the studio a little ahead of time so I can take a breather and chat it up with some other of my coworkers who usually hang outside by the building. I feel like I got some great self restraint going on now seeing as I don't feel for a cigarette anymore even when I'm hanging around smokers all day!

8:30am - ?pm - Working anywhere from 9 to 12 hour days, so it's a very intense, packed schedule but it's all for a good cause!

??pm - Depending what time I'll get home, I'll fix up something to eat or I'll just go to bed right away... I really don't like to do the latter though, because I feel I need to ''live'' a little at home before being able to go to sleep properly.

loop()

Cabanon
Elite

August 2nd, 2013, 11:45 pm #10

nice topic idea !

usually get up between 5h and 6h am and need to feed up our 4 months old daughter. she something go past that but then it's whether my son or my 3 years old daughter that wake up us.
after that I take a shower and prepare the kid's breakfast and mine before prepping them for Kindergarten. we usually leave at 6h45 or 6h50am and I drop 'em there before going to work.
I live like 2 mins away from work so im there at 7am even tho I only start at 7h30. Im the foreman there so I get there early and open all the lights, air and machinery and do some preparation for the day or just get on my PC to check email/forums if I didnt have time at home between 2 toasts and a yell at kids to get ready quicker.
I leave work at 4h30pm and go pick kids before going home. they have some time to watch TV or go outside play a bit while my wife and I do the diner. sometimes it's already done so I have a bit of time to play with the kids.
after diner, we either have to wash the kids or we go outside again until 7pm before going inside again so they can watch TV an calm down before hitting their bed between 7h30 and 8pm. it's early yes but they're only 3 and 5 years old. my 4 years old baby is usually asleep at 7h-7h30pm and she'S good for thenight
my wife and I enjoy the rest of the night doing whatever we like, watching TV or a movie or most of the time, I take control of the TV while she watch series on her laptop or checking her facebook crappy stuff (lol)
She goes to bed around 9pm and I get to play my ps3 until im dead tired. this is usually around 12 or 1am. yeah im that stupid and I tell this to me every day but I can't get myself to bed earlier than that other wise 1) my back hurt to death or 2) im even grumpier than when I only sleep 4-5 hours a night. go figure.

this is what a busy daddy life looks like...