The Red Shadow
Guardian

January 14th, 2018, 10:23 pm #11

I had to scan over my game completion list to even see if I had knocked out any actual 2017 releases and there were only two: Horizon: Zero Dawn and Rime. Both were great games but I'll give my vote to Horizon: Zero Dawn as it had a beefier story and huge open world that I enjoyed playing in greatly. That being said, I don't think anything will compete with Breath of the Wild and I hope someday I will get to play it, too.

MymeeN64
MymeeN64

January 18th, 2018, 3:57 am #12

Im going to go out on a limb here and vote for Breath of the Wild.

Stunning.
[+] Spoiler
Love being shirtless Link. And nothing scary in the water. :yeah: [\spoiler]
"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub:

D.J Cat
Veteran

January 25th, 2018, 6:51 pm #13

Apologies if I am too late or whatever, was working 84 hour weeks and stuff...
Even if I am I just have to mention Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Absolute masterpiece...as long as you have time to play it ?

stinger9142
Guardian

January 30th, 2018, 8:40 pm #14

I am a bit conflicted. The two games I am most likely to tip my hat to are BotW and Skyrim (both the VR release and the Wii release). Skyrim is my favorite game of all time. I have not played BotW but would really like too. Somehow I do think it would manage to captivate me than a 5th run through on Skyrim on those platforms (currently I am on my 4th play through at the moment)

So I will give my vote to BotW based on seeing it played in person and watching videos of it.

No64DD
Elite

January 31st, 2018, 9:06 pm #15

Breath of the Wild. :link:
A Secret star
lie here~

The White Falcon
The White Falcon

February 1st, 2018, 12:25 am #16

stinger9142 wrote:I am a bit conflicted. The two games I am most likely to tip my hat to are BotW and Skyrim (both the VR release and the Wii release). Skyrim is my favorite game of all time. I have not played BotW but would really like too. Somehow I do think it would manage to captivate me than a 5th run through on Skyrim on those platforms (currently I am on my 4th play through at the moment)

So I will give my vote to BotW based on seeing it played in person and watching videos of it.
Skyrim VR really is something special. Haven’t been able to play as much due to first pink eye, then forgetting to order some spacers to keep the PSVR lenses from hitting my glasses, but I’m looking forward to getting back into it.

stinger9142
Guardian

February 2nd, 2018, 10:07 pm #17

We are foregoing a poll, as Breath of the Wild drastically won the nominations with 11. The nearest to it was 2.
That being said, Breath of the Wild is our 2017 Modern Console Game of the Year!