Moderators: Canadabadgirl, stealthgirl, ekny, richard, I love MJNet, itsmetwo, nz bad girl

Muppets going to Bad Girls the Musical

Jules2
G2 landing
G2 landing
Jules2
G2 landing
G2 landing

June 25th, 2007, 4:15 pm #1

Hiya,

Abzug said in another thread that she was going to the musical. SIAA and myself would love to go too, so let's make it a party!

But i need to know in time when this party is otherwise i cannot take time off. So i have questions:

1) who else is planning to see the musical?
2) Abzug, when are you comming to the UK?

(I'm speaking out of line here, but i'm sure people can stay at SIAA's place.)

Okay, so the idea is to find out when Abzug is coming and hopefully we can all go together. SIAA is willing to get the tickets, so that too is taken care off. (you can pay here through paypal or whatever) All we need is a list of people who would like to go and a date to make this happen.

Lisa289
The ghost of Larkhall!
The ghost of Larkhall!
Lisa289
The ghost of Larkhall!
The ghost of Larkhall!

June 26th, 2007, 12:03 pm #2

I would love to see the musical, and meeting up with other board members would be great. But I just fear it's a bit far for me to go (I know - Abzug's coming all the way from America!). But because I'm younger, I don't think I can afford all the expenses (train tickets, tickets for the musical, hotel fee etc.)

Don't take this as a firm "no", just a probable

I'm Not Just Perfect - I'm Welsh

abzug
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader
abzug
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader

June 26th, 2007, 12:13 pm #3

I'm coming the first weekend in November, which I know is a bit later in the run than other folks would want to go, so I'd completely understand if you guys planned something for September or October instead. I'm actually a bit nervous myself that it could close before I get there!

But anyway, I'm arriving on Fri Nov 2, and departing on Tue Nov 6, so the only performances during that time are Friday evening, Sat matinee, Sat evening, and then Monday evening. If it were just my schedule I'd go to the Monday evening performance (in my line of work, going to the theatre starts to feel like a job, and therefore something which should be done on weeknights--not a common feeling I know), but I'd imagine everyone else would want to do this Sat night, right?

Anyway, that's my schedule, and it would be totally great if we could make this work! But I would really and truly understand if you didn't want to wait that long.
Visit the Bad Girls Annex!

Jules2
G2 landing
G2 landing
Jules2
G2 landing
G2 landing

June 26th, 2007, 2:13 pm #4

I know that i cannot take time off in September. October would be okay, November would be better.

So if it were up to me, it would be fine. Let's find out if SIAA could get tickets for Sat. the 3th or Mon the 6th. If she has them the show must go on right?!

In order to make this happen i think we should set a date until which people can sign up. Before that date you have to sat if you are going and whether or not you would like to go in November.

I'll let SIAA set the closing date since she is the once getting all the information and hopefully the tickets!

(Lisa, i'm sure you could stay at SIAA's aswell. Would that help in terms of cost?)

abzug
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader
abzug
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader

June 26th, 2007, 3:35 pm #5

Another option could be that we'd pick a date, and then everyone can arrange their own tickets.
Disadvantage: we won't all be sitting together
Advantage: people can join in at a later date, even if they can't commit now (and it's much less trouble for SiAA)

Jules2
G2 landing
G2 landing
Jules2
G2 landing
G2 landing

June 26th, 2007, 6:13 pm #6

Great option Abzug. Hadn't thougth of it

abzug
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader
abzug
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader

June 26th, 2007, 6:24 pm #7

Alright, so, is Monday Nov 5th the date then? Or are there people out there who would come if we went on the weekend, but not if we went on a Monday?

Lisa289
The ghost of Larkhall!
The ghost of Larkhall!
Lisa289
The ghost of Larkhall!
The ghost of Larkhall!

June 26th, 2007, 9:26 pm #8

If, by some immense miracle, I was to come, I wouldn't be too bothered by the day. November is not an important college period, so I wouldn't mind missing a couple of days

I'm Not Just Perfect - I'm Welsh

sheildeb
G2 landing
G2 landing
sheildeb
G2 landing
G2 landing

June 27th, 2007, 2:08 am #9

My partner and I are also planning to see the Musical, but it will be early in October I'm afraid... We are planning a trip to London and a cruise to the Mediterranean after that. So we'll probably miss you... but I'm thrilled that we'll get to see the musical!

S
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
~Miss Piggy~

Jules2
G2 landing
G2 landing
Jules2
G2 landing
G2 landing

June 28th, 2007, 5:15 pm #10

Abzug, i'm pretty sure i can have time off in November. Shall we make Saturday evening Bad Girls night and leave it to other people if they wish to join aswell?