Moderators: Canadabadgirl, stealthgirl, ekny, richard, I love MJNet, itsmetwo, nz bad girl

abzug
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader
abzug
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader

June 29th, 2007, 2:15 am #11

Whoops, sorry Jules2, I thought we had said Monday so I bought my tickets last night. So I'm going Monday Nov 5 at 7:30 pm, and anyone who wants to come that night is welcome.
Visit the Bad Girls Annex!

I love MJNet
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader
I love MJNet
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader

June 29th, 2007, 10:07 pm #12

Now for anyone planning this, and wants to see if they can get a good room rate for somewhere to stay - you can get some good value nights at Travelodge.co.uk (click here)
They have two saver rates for certain nights in some london locations. Okay - this doesn't include breakfast, but you can get a very good room for as little as £26-00 depending on what dates you want and where you are staying.
Note: You don't often find more than one or two nights together. This wouldn't be an option for a longer stay.

I've just had a very quick look, and the nearest I see with the £26-00 a night at the moment is London Docklands - about 4 miles from the city centre itself. Otherwise you can get some on the Sunday nights closer as well or at £49-00 per night.
These rooms are often doubles, but sometimes you can get what they class as the Family Room for the same rate - which means you can sleep at least 3 adults - making it cheaper still sharing.

We use these cheap rate rooms all the time and they are superb value!
There is one in Convent Garden, but I don't see any cheap rate rooms around the 5th November I'm afraid (there is one for 4th November).

ETA: Have just checked further, and London Kings Cross Royal Scot (Not just Kings Cross, that is a separate hotel) has a £26-00 night on the 4th, the rest for that week listed at the next rate of £49-00.

?In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.?

Lisa289
The ghost of Larkhall!
The ghost of Larkhall!
Lisa289
The ghost of Larkhall!
The ghost of Larkhall!

June 30th, 2007, 9:22 am #13

Thanks for the info ILMJN

I'm Not Just Perfect - I'm Welsh

I love MJNet
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader
I love MJNet
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader

June 30th, 2007, 10:04 am #14

More than welcome. Hope it comes in useful for someone.

Another useful site for London and hotel bookings is:

www.visitlondon.com/

Again you can get some excellent deals, and this does allow you to look at slightly more options for your stay. It is one we've used a couple of years ago and it worked well.

I don't know when we are hoping to go at this point, but we will be working it around other opportunities to visit family and friends, so I doubt it will coincide with others at the moment.

?In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.?

Jules2
G2 landing
G2 landing
Jules2
G2 landing
G2 landing

July 2nd, 2007, 2:40 pm #15

Abzug,

I had conformation that i'll be off in November, so that is great.

SIAA said she would get tickets for both of us. I don't know if she already both them or not. If she hasn't Monday the 5th is okay with me. But i'll leave it up to SIAA.

So if we go together, that would be great. If not, we can atleast discuss it in great length!

abzug
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader
abzug
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader

July 2nd, 2007, 10:30 pm #16

For those who are free to go on September 20, here's a ticket offer for you:

http://www.whatsonstage.com/index.php?p ... he+Musical

Nikkhele
Out of Dorm
Out of Dorm
Nikkhele
Out of Dorm
Out of Dorm

July 15th, 2007, 2:56 pm #17

Aw, abzug, missed it by that much! I'll be leaving London 19 Sept. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

I'm another one coming from across the big pond, Canada. Never been to Europe before, but since last summer, I've been planning a trip to Spain with family and friends. A stopover in London was an afterthought, hard to believe, inn't? Who knew London would become the focus of my trip? LOL! After a week in Spain, I'll be on my own in the U.K. and will be able to do pretty much whatever I want. So... BAD GIRLS!!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go with all of you in November, but I'll still get to see the musical. YAY!! I've booked the evening show Sat 15 Sept, so if anyone who might be going in Sept wants to meet for the show or during my stay, I'd be happy to meet up. Or any useful tips for a lesbian visiting London for the first time would be great. I'm staying in Bloomsbury from Sept 13-19.

Jules2
G2 landing
G2 landing
Jules2
G2 landing
G2 landing

August 13th, 2007, 3:58 pm #18

Anybody heard from SIAA lately?

zara
Down the Block
Down the Block
zara
Down the Block
Down the Block

August 26th, 2007, 9:25 pm #19

hi i went to see last sat and it was brillent the only thing was when i booked the seats we wre right in the front row to neare to the stag what can i say the musical was brill the cast were great laura is good at playing helen s the girl who plays nikkie is not bad there are good songs init we took some pix ops?dont take any pix of the show theres a twist at the end and no snoging it it just one kiss between lara and caroline meet them out side a lovly bunch alwise got time to chat even the it was rainning going to see it againe after daughter has her baby in three weeks time hope you guys like look falwould to your write ups :rolleyes:

abzug
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader
abzug
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader

October 24th, 2007, 3:22 pm #20

Hey everyone, the time is approaching for my trip to London to see the musical! Yay! So, remember, if anyone is interested, buy your ticket for the Monday Nov 5 performance. A bunch of us are going to meet up for drinks beforehand and dinner afterwards, so if you live in/near London and don't want to see the musical but want to meet up, then come join us for one or the other. Send me a pm if you're interested and I'll let you know the details.