Moderators: richard, stealthgirl

nz bad girl
Up to Basic
Up to Basic
nz bad girl
Up to Basic
Up to Basic

June 28th, 2006, 4:34 am #11

There was a book about Bad Girls. I never managed to get my hands on a copy, but it sounds like it had heaps of background info.

I love MJNet
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader
I love MJNet
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader

July 13th, 2006, 11:04 am #12

Hi cherubic18,

Just seen this post.
To help clairify.... most of the information given is either taken from a book that was written about the series in the earlier days (now sadly out of print). There is also similar information in the Bio's given for the characters at the official bad girls website - www.badgirls.co.uk - and some little pieces of information were taken from the show itself. For example, if watching the episode coming out - the sign for the club can be seen as Nikki runs out to try and find Helen.

Hope this helps explain where this mainly comes from.
?In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.?

nikkiandhelenforever
Down the Block
Down the Block

July 16th, 2006, 12:22 am #13

Hi guys
Given Nik's record as a prisoner wouldn't it've been almost impossible for her+Helen to go to Frisco as she had planned in "Oh What A Night!"

ladder
G2 landing
G2 landing
ladder
G2 landing
G2 landing

May 7th, 2007, 6:55 pm #14

wrote:CHRIS TCHAIKOVSKY - Women in Prison (WIP) (http://www.womeninprison.org.uk) was established in 1983 as a support and campaign group for women prisoners. WIP was led by its founder/Director Chris Tchaikovsky, herself a former prisoner, until her early death in 2002. The Nikki Wade character was based on Chris Tchaikovsky.
Chris was also the advisor on the show through Series 1, 2 and some of 3 before her illness meant she had to stop.
Cool, I didn't know that!

ladder
G2 landing
G2 landing
ladder
G2 landing
G2 landing

May 7th, 2007, 6:57 pm #15

wrote:Simone went to Winchester Prison where she used the experiences of a woman who was in the same situation as Helen Stewart. She went to fast-track university and then landed the job of Govornor Grade Five, exactly the same as Helen, as the age of 24 in Holloway Prison, which is basically the prison that Larkhall is based on.
Was Helen supposed to be in her mid 20's? I thought she was supposed to be in her early 30's like Nikki?

Cassandra
Don't you wish it was electric
Cassandra

May 7th, 2007, 7:07 pm #16

ladder wrote:
wrote:Simone went to Winchester Prison where she used the experiences of a woman who was in the same situation as Helen Stewart. She went to fast-track university and then landed the job of Govornor Grade Five, exactly the same as Helen, as the age of 24 in Holloway Prison, which is basically the prison that Larkhall is based on.
Was Helen supposed to be in her mid 20's? I thought she was supposed to be in her early 30's like Nikki?
Yeah I thought she was 30 or 31. According to the Bad Girls book (downloadable from http://z4.invisionfree.com/Nikki_and_He ... =1185&st=0), she is 30.

Presumably the quote means that the woman that Helen was based on was 24, not Helen herself.

Lisa289
The ghost of Larkhall!
The ghost of Larkhall!
Lisa289
The ghost of Larkhall!
The ghost of Larkhall!

May 8th, 2007, 2:24 pm #17

I think you're right, Cassandra. Helen was no way 24 (No offence to Simone Lahbib, not saying she looks old or anything - she was just not 24 at time of filming).

I'm Not Just Perfect - I'm Welsh